OT - CA Microstamping Bill Going To Gov-see otteray's post

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

OT - CA Microstamping Bill Going To Gov-see otteray's post

Post by don Tomás »

Joe confirms (post below) that CA-AB1471, Microstamping Bill, passed the Assembly this afternoon and is going to our RINO governor. Please E-Mail, fax or call to RESPECTFULLY express your concerns. Thanks...
Tom

E-Mail the Governor
Last edited by don Tomás on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

don Tomas,

According to an NRA-ILA alert on my ISP's home page it did pass out of the assembly and was sent to Governor S..... I never could spell his name.

Here's the link and the brief article:
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3230

URGENT ALERT: California Microstamping Legislation Heads to Governor’s Desk!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Please Contact Governor Schwarzenegger Today and Urge Him to Veto AB1471!

On Monday, September 10, the California Assembly voted 43-29 to pass Assembly Bill 1471. AB1471 is now headed to the desk of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) for his consideration.

This legislation would require that after a certain date, the make, model, and serial number of a firearm be microstamped onto the interior surface or internal working parts of all handguns in such a manner that those identifiers are imprinted onto the cartridge case upon firing. The manufacture, sale, and transfer of handguns that do not imprint their identifying information on a cartridge case would be a crime.

Please contact the Governor and respectfully urge him to veto AB1471. Governor Schwarzenegger can be reached by phone at (916) 445-2841, fax at (916) 445-4633, or visit http://gov.ca.gov/interact#email to send him an email.
Joe
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Thanks Joe. E-Mail sent, although I think it's kinda like wizzing in your pants while wearing a dark suit: it may give you a warm feeling but nobody is going to notice...
Tom
Tom

Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

What a load of bull snot. Does the technology to do that even exist?
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

It will have no ill effects on the criminal element, but it will deter many honest gun buyers. Just another "feel good" bill from a mind numb Democrat dolt that the "Governator" will probably sign in the next few days.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Make sure you police all your brass before it gets picked up at the range and finds it's way to some crime scene...
Tom
Tom

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OK,

Here's what we do. If governor Swatzhisneggar signs this bill we'll get together towards the end of each November and June. Pick up as many of the micro stamped rounds as you can find and mail them to your friends across the country. Then on the 4th of July and Newyears we carefully sprinkle these marked cases in areas that see heavy gunfire.

That should confuse the stuff outa the labs that's gotta match these things.

Just make sure you pick up all your cases.

Joe
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Next thing you know they'll be implanting micro GPS chips into your firearms and big brother will know where each and every one is without leaving the office. Scary huh?
Old Law Dawg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Another Austrian would have loved such a bill - Hitler - We'll see about Ahnold.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Please veto AB1471.

It will cost your constituents MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to maintain, share and police just the DATA generated by this monster. It WILL put legitimate legal businesses out of business.

Micro-stamping firearms will NOT deter criminals, they do not care. It will do NOTHING to reduce violent crime.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

Don't bag too much on Ahh-Nold. About the only anti bill he's signed was the .50 Cal Ban.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I sent my email.
The Governor has done a good job for the state lets just hope he does the right thing and sends this to the circular fileing bin.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

All of us nation-wide can call to help stop this craziness!
This is from the Calguns site. You might have to hit redial on your phone 'cause they are getting a lot of response:

Call Arnold, RIGHT NOW, it takes 20 seconds and you don't have to talk to anyone

This is so important. We are making a huge difference here. Call right now! You don't have to speak to anyone. This takes 20 seconds.

CALL Gov's Sac number (916-445-2841)

Press 1 - for English
Press 2 - for Voice your opinion on Assembly Bills
Press 1 - for Micro Stamping Bill (AB1471)
Press 2 to OPPOSE the gun control bill.

That's it! I repeat, you do not need to speak to anyone.

You can be sure the anti's are calling, too!
Last edited by otteray on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

otteray wrote:All of us nation-wide can call to help stop this craziness!
This is from the Calguns site. You might have to hit redial on your phone 'cause they are getting a lot of response:

Call Arnold, RIGHT NOW, it takes 20 seconds and you don't have to talk to anyone
Thanks otteray, done. Very easy, got right through, and 20 seconds at the most...
Tom

(Although it did chap my hide to have to press "1" for english... oh, I remember now, I'm in Kalifornia...)
Tom

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

In a few years, English will be the second language in CA. "Lateenos" already outnumber us N.CA rednecks.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

If this passes it will cost very little to us, because NO ONE WILL SELL HANDGUNS IN CA EVER AGAIN which is exactly what the bills backers want. This is NOT about stopping or solving any crime, but maing a criminal out of a gun owner. Not the then of the bill that says it will be illegal to buy or sell a NON STAMPING handgun in CA.

I bet it's free for me to carry them out of state when I leave! If I do THEY will never know.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hi all. I sent my email to the gov. Hope it helps. If this actually results in guns not being sold in CA, I'll be leaving. :evil:

-Tutt
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Representative Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX) wrote:How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of. ~~
I'm going to note that the State Assembly, the collective "representatives" of the People, not just a single Democrat, passed this bill on to the Governor.

Was there no opportunity to block this before it needed only a simple signature to become law?

:?
Caco
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Caco »

FW
Are you saying it is the will of the people?
I think this is a byproduct you get when you elect reps that represent the left social-economic irresponsable wants. The desires of the combination of the value deficiate people( whether they be be self proclaimed elite like actors, sexual deviates, or those looking for a handout)- And the ethinic make up wanting to get both the ways of their ancestery and the best that the US gives them. The result is unconstitutional.
:cry:
Dave
By the the way FW, I'll bet theres more dems for it than R's so don't alude that it's not a party thing :evil:
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

I'm SO-O-O glad I have moved to Oregon from Kalifornia!
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

why the hell would anyone live there (CA) is beyond me :shock: .
pete
DAV life member.