OT - Involved (sort of) in a High Speed Chase...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

OT - Involved (sort of) in a High Speed Chase...

Post by Old Ironsights »

The Iowa State Patrol said a North Liberty police officer attempted to stop a car for tinted windows and no front license plate at about 3:45 p.m. Monday when the driver eluded the officer and sped off.

The chase ended with a collision at the 274 mile marker, northeast of Wilton, and at least one subject was taken into custody, authorities said. ...
And Now, for the REST of the story...

We were en route from Des Moines back to Indiana when we saw unusual ISP activity - no biggie, we thought it was an enforcement focus zone. However, at one point, rather suddenly an ISP interceptor was right behind us as we were passing another vehicle. The driver of our car accelerated to get past the vehicle we were passing, and we were passed by an ISP car, a flat/primer black sedan with tinted windows, and 3 more Interceptors all doing approximately 90mph.

After passing us, the road was wide open for several miles, so the 3 trailing interceptors fanned out behind the black car while the lead car ran interference.

At some point, when the 5 cars were leading us at a fair distance, the black vehicle attempted to change lanes or cross the median Left. It is possible (though I cannot verify) that the center Interceptor made contact with the left rear corner of the black car, but whether it did or not, the black car spun 270 deg and ended up in the median at a dead stop, whereupon all of the Troopers were leaping out of their vehicles.

The last thing I saw was the Trooper from the Rightmost trailing interceptor drawing his weapon and the passenger door of the black vehicle opening with the passenger rapidly exiting with his hands raised.

From the time of the spinout to us passing the incident was less than 6 seconds.

From our perspective as the closest uninvolved vehicle, it was all very well done and endangered no one except the Troopers themselves and the morons who decided to START the high speed chase (over tinted windows???)

I won't speculate on the validity of the origin of the incident, but the conclusion was handled well.

Should make for some good Dash Cam Video... 8)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT - Involved (sort of) in a High Speed Chase...

Post by Rexster »

Yes, bumping one rear corner of a fleeing vehicle, especially in a slight curve, preferably with plenty of wide-open space for the resulting spin-out, is a method used to stop bad guys in cars. My chief will not allow us to do it, though sometimes we manage to do it, "unintentionally" or not.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Involved (sort of) in a High Speed Chase...

Post by kimwcook »

The "PIT" manuever, Precision Immobilization Technique, is a great tool when used correctly.
Old Law Dawg