OT politics Hawkeye Caukeye

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Caco
Levergunner 2.0

OT politics Hawkeye Caukeye

Post by Caco »

OT politics-hawkeye cauceye
Hillary got creamed :D :D Came in third :D Obama , Edwards-then Hillary.
Huckabe Romny then Fred T. in a virtual tie with Johm M for third--but still third as of close to final results.
Gotta say John did better than I thought he would, and suspect on first guess his service record and views of on the surge and a positive out come of the Iraq war gave some conservatives the ability to overlook his historically moderate politics including not really standing up for the second.
So anyway--Can she be the comback ____h :P
Did support Fred. The 5th place Paul support while not a victory indicates a growing sentamint.
Still surprised by John.
Enjoyed every minute of it :P
Dave
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Its going to be a good day. I came into work, started up my forklift to warm her up, turned on the computer and read the news :lol: :lol: Great, that has got to be a major blow to her ego. Now, lets hope the rest of the country follows the lead------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I didn't get to see the final results but that is what they were predicting to happen when I went to bed. Glad to know it came true. 8)
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The Queen's staff is already spinning the saw "Iowa doesn't matter". Apparently it did to Biden and Dodd, who have already dropped out of the race. I am half tempted to switch party affiliations here in SC just to vote in the primary for Obama - not because I like him, but because I detest the bit#$, as well as the ambulance-chasing commie Edwards! :evil:

Only thing is I know Thompson is going to need my vote in the SC primary. I like Paul as well - and have for many years. He is the most principled of anyone running on either side. His track record supporting the Constitutional limits of power is unbeatable. But that being said, he has his head buried in the sand about our Islamo-facsist adversaries, and we can ill-afford to back off these throwbacks and allow more of them to get nukes. Pakistan was one too many!

Anyone but Hillary!!!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ysabel Kid wrote:... But that being said, he has his head buried in the sand about our Islamo-facsist adversaries, and we can ill-afford to back off these throwbacks and allow more of them to get nukes. Pakistan was one too many!...
Yes, but will that really matter if we continue to dump on the Constitution?

We can never be defeated from the Outside - no matter how many they kill. But we can sure as hell die of internal Rot.

Constitution First - Foreign Policy second... or there won't be any flag to rally around.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Caco
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Caco »

Old Ironsights wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:... But that being said, he has his head buried in the sand about our Islamo-facsist adversaries, and we can ill-afford to back off these throwbacks and allow more of them to get nukes. Pakistan was one too many!...
Yes, but will that really matter if we continue to dump on the Constitution?

We can never be defeated from the Outside - no matter how many they kill. But we can sure as hell die of internal Rot.

Constitution First - Foreign Policy second... or there won't be any flag to rally around.
Well without oil and and allowing the Islamo facist advisaries to nuke us at will, will make for a very different life here. I can just see OI peadelling his bike around the rubble with hair falling out from radiation looking for some thing to eat. :P Without oil, food production and distribution goes back to the turn of the last century, not to mention what kind of life style you would have.
What rally happened is With the help of the media and the republicans themselves,People got fed up with the then current bunch. That last election put the dem's in power and as a result things got even worse. So now people are paying attention and saying CHANGE GOTTA HAVE CHANGE. Hence the current get rid of any polotics as usual and are looking for anyone who sounds different-- Huckabe and Obama.
Not one of this bunch Dem or Rep are tottally going to fit each of our own definitions of a perfect Pres. and most would make a 50s an 60s democrate look conservative.
Given perfection is not to be had and at this stage you have to make your best guess who most likely would not change their philosophy after being elected, my preference is Fred. Ben reading listening thinking and thinking again-He above the rest has the combination with least amount of problems for me.
My best explination would be -he has a phlosopy similar to Ragen with a personality similar to Harry Truman :P

Dave
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

The Russians couldn't "nuke us at will". The best a bunch of camel jocks will ever do is set one off before becoming glass.

Oil is only an issue because we don't have a truly free market. Without the Green Fruits creating Government Regs that make building Nuke Plants impossible and prevent us tapping our own Coal & Oil reserves we would be able to cut our oil consumption to the point we could tell the same sand pounders to eat their oil.

That's not to say we wouldn't still be involved in the ME - remember, it is the job of CONGRESS to declare wars. Commanders aren't supposed to start wars - only prosecute them for as long as Congress allows. The President is only the Commander, not the final arbiter. SO, we would still. more likely than not, be over there trying to stabilize things.

On the other hand, if we give up the Constitution on one point, be prepared to give it up on all of them... 2nd amendment first.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

look's like the voters' rejected both the clinton and bush administrations, at the same time. there's hope for us out there.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I just feel that our society at large has been heading down the lib highway for
some time now.

We are scared to speak our minds about things that are wrong for fear of hurting
someones feelings. This is how we are being undone.

Political correctness will bury this country quicker than any enemy.

I'm pretty sure we will keep this trend up until something snaps :shock:

Out of hardship and strife comes honesty and leadership, that's how it's always been.

Easy paths create gluttony and greed.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

does anybody out there really beleive that it's the environmental lobbist. that keep us away from nuclear, coal and our our own oil, naturaul gas reserves, i can't buy that at all. they have NOTHING, compared to the oil lobbies. the the technology has been around for years. they have ZERO political and finacial influence on the house and senate, when compared to the oil industry. THAT's where the problem lies!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Old Ironsights wrote:That's not to say we wouldn't still be involved in the ME - remember, it is the job of CONGRESS to declare wars. Commanders aren't supposed to start wars - only prosecute them for as long as Congress allows. The President is only the Commander, not the final arbiter. SO, we would still. more likely than not, be over there trying to stabilize things.
War is more than sending troops to fight. War is a commitment of national resources and legal justification.

The major role of the Executive is to conduct foreign policy. The military is the biggest policy hammer any leader has. In order to utilize that hammer to it's best effect requires a commitment of resources, i.e., MONEY. The Legislature controls the budget, but cannot utilize military resources independent of the Executive. The Executive can recommend military action but cannot declare war by allocating the funds and resources. The Legislature can allocate the funds and resources but cannot execute policy or command the military. It is the job of the Court to determine whether the actions of the Executive and the Legislature are permitted by law according to the Constitution.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

tman wrote:does anybody out there really beleive that it's the environmental lobbist. that keep us away from nuclear, coal and our our own oil, naturaul gas reserves, i can't buy that at all. they have NOTHING, compared to the oil lobbies. the the technology has been around for years. they have ZERO political and finacial influence on the house and senate, when compared to the oil industry. THAT's where the problem lies!
Like I said... we don't have a truly Free Market in energy.

Who do you think funds the "anti everything-but-oil" Greenies? They've got waay more money & PR than can be accounted for by Hippy Funds alone....
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

yeah, three hippies sitting on a rock up in big sur smokin' crack with $50 between them influence congress and the house to halt drilling on a wild life presearve, or internatoinal water way. the epa cut's it's own finacial throat by blocking a refinery or a nuclear or coal-fired powerplant. Who are the republucian politicians, who were influencenced to block all of this leglistratoin, between 1994 -2006, when they held the majority. i still don't buy it.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

tman wrote:yeah, three hippies sitting on a rock up in big sur smokin' crack with $50 between them influence congress and the house to halt drilling on a wild life presearve, or internatoinal water way. the epa cut's it's own finacial throat by blocking a refinery or a nuclear or coal-fired powerplant. Who are the republucian politicians, who were influencenced to block all of this leglistratoin, between 1994 -2006, when they held the majority. i still don't buy it.
Follow the Money.

Who profits from stymieing domestic non-oil energy? All Oil companies/Government Subsidized Agribusiness.

Who profits from stymieing domestic oil drilling? Foreign Oil.

Who profits from using Corn (one of the least efficient sources of) Ethanol? Government Subsidized Agribusiness.

See the trend here?

It's not terribly hard to fund Eco groups - even with Oil Profits - because funding "Ecological concerns" is seen as "a good thing"... nobody seems to recgnise that it also raises their bottom line by keeping supply low...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

well said,sir
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

"Paranoia will destroya"

I'm liking the way things turned out, at least Huckabee is electable. I'm guessing Ron Paul will end up being another Ross Perot and handing the election to the Clintons in November.

If Huckabee could get Ron Paul or Fred Thompson to be his VP, gun owners might have a chance.

http://www.issues2000.org/2008/Mike_Huc ... ontrol.htm
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Swampman wrote:"Paranoia will destroya"

I'm liking the way things turned out, at least Huckabee is electable. I'm guessing Ron Paul will end up being another Ross Perot and handing the election to the Clintons in November.

If Huckabee could get Ron Paul or Fred Thompson to be his VP, gun owners might have a chance.

http://www.issues2000.org/2008/Mike_Huc ... ontrol.htm
It's just my opinion, but what I see in Huckabee is the worst of Bill Clinton's Arkansas good ol' boy smarminess, and George W. Bush's pseudo-evangelical con-game.

He is the political splice which ties together the very worst that both of those liars have to offer.

The Neo-con Republicans and the Democrats are leading the USA to a dangerous irrelevance in the world and to destruction as a nation.

If Americans cannot muster the courage to make a choice to return to the guiding principles upon which this nation was founded, we might as well burn the remaining stock of American flags and line up to get our Real ID's as good and obedient citizens of the North American Union.

Ron Paul is the only candidate whose campaign is based upon using the guidance of the Constitution of the United States to resolve and eliminate the corruptions being wielded and institutionalized by the current powers that be.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

gun issue

Post by Hillbilly »

unless we get OUR lobbiests back in line it wont matter who gets elected,
the NRA has let a couple of no brainers slip by them in the last few years.

Guns Gays and birth control (read:abortion) are easy for politicans to talk about... those subjects get press. Economics, energy and insurance are boring to the press...

Vote your paychecks.. if we all keep a job and can afford to drive and heat our homes we will have enough money to fund OUR special interests
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

But, Ron Paul can't win.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Caco
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Caco »

Would agree the oil companies have power, but if you think the tree hugger greenies are poor dope heads, you need to switch smokes. They may or not be smoking pot now or in the past but the heavy money is there. Some are hollywood types that feel guilty-Poor old Gore is short funded :P Just another approach to destroy our way of life and get us into one world Gvt. :evil: Just a different level of polotics.
Dave
Caco
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Caco »

Just reread all this. It ain't quite that bad guys. Just pay attention read and Vote-it's free :)
FW relax and let's have a beer :D Things el look better
Dave