My Anniversary Present

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

My Anniversary Present

Post by Bigahh »

Next month is my 10th Anniversary, and my wife knows I have had my "EYE" on a certain lever gun at my local gun shop. The owner of the shop happens to be a friend, and I stopped in today to shoot the breeze a bit. I asked him about the NIB 1984 Winchester Dodge Truck Commemorative Edition 30-30 that is not on the rack any longer. He told me it was sold 3 days ago. He then walked out of the back room with it in his hands, and had me fill out the paperwork because it was sold to my wife 3 days ago. She gave it to me for our 10th Anniversary. Don't know if I can match that gift, but I do love her more than anything in the world. Heres a picture.
Last edited by Bigahh on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D :D :D
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

That's really nice of her. Ya gonna give her more than a dozen roses now??
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

I think I better! The good thing about this is I have a month to plan, not just a day. Maybe a weekend in warm Vegas or something to get her out of the cold.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

You're a lucky man. Don't ever forget your anniversary or she'll have the right to take it back. :shock:
Old Law Dawg
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Bigahh wrote:I think I better! The good thing about this is I have a month to plan, not just a day. Maybe a weekend in warm Vegas or something to get her out of the cold.
Plan your weekend for Feb 2-5 in Vegas. The SHOT show is going on then. That would be a GREAT anniversary gift. You can go as a representative of your buddy's shop to get in. You have to register online though.

NOTE: Only members of the trade may attend the Show, and must provide a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) number, State Tax Number, or Industry Related Business Card. No one under 16, including infants will be permitted on the Show floor.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Plan your weekend for Feb 2-5 in Vegas. The SHOT show is going on then. That would be a GREAT anniversary gift. You can go as a representative of your buddy's shop to get in. You have to register online though.
What A great Idea! Thanks for the tip. :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats!

My wife purchased a Pedersoli Sharps 1874 in .45-120 for me on our 10th anniversary:

And this Perdersoli 1766 Charleville reproduction in .69 caliber for my 40th birthday:

I'm a lucky man! :D

Of course, here tastes are also expensive. She likes diamonds and gold. You can't go wrong there!!!
rroberts
Levergunner

Post by rroberts »

You guys are so lucky to have wives that will do something like that. I don't think my wife would ever, EVER buy me a gun. Now I am depressed! :cry:
... Rusty
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rroberts wrote:You guys are so lucky to have wives that will do something like that. I don't think my wife would ever, EVER buy me a gun. Now I am depressed! :cry:
Does she like jewelry? You start, getting her something very nice that she'll really appreciate. I did this for years. She always asked what I wanted, and I told her "later". It was fun just finding her the perfect gifts. She'll come around... :D
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Annaiversary

Post by model55 »

Looks like I'll have to have a talk to the wife :wink: You guys are a luck bunch!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

All I got was Chinese food! :cry:

Congrats fellas...you are some lucky dudes.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

present

Post by brucew44guns »

It's hard to find fault with a woman like that, whether it's a 30:30 or a Sharps Rifle, it just makes some little HONEY DO project seem pretty small by comparison!! Nice wives.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Ysabel Kid

Re: present

Post by Ysabel Kid »

brucew44guns wrote:It's hard to find fault with a woman like that, whether it's a 30:30 or a Sharps Rifle, it just makes some little HONEY DO project seem pretty small by comparison!! Nice wives.
One of the many blessings God gives men! :D
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

My wife really liked the HK P7M8 that I once owned and then traded off. I may have to save my pennies and get her one.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Bro...congrats on the rifle & the fine wife..

NOW sneak around & return the favor, by surprize. Find out about her personal dreams & then figure out how to fulfill them. It is NOT a one way street. Do that & she'll fight off a Grizzly for you. Do the same for her.

My wife is involved in wild horse groups. She now has two mustangs. (Not the Ford kind). I use them for rides in the mountains, she uses them for pure pleasure. She shoots & likes guns too! I am a blessed man, you can be too :wink: :wink: :wink:

LeverBob
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

I think I will need a Dodge Truck rifle too,
I was born in a Dodge truck and have owned several.
This year I plan to get my 1955 1 ton customized and
will be runnin with the big dogs again, lol.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

I have one word for your wives: Keepers!
You are lucky men.
leveractionjunkie
Levergunner

Post by leveractionjunkie »

You guys sure are lucky, I hope you hang on to them ladies :D

Mine tells me almost daily " NO MORE GUNS" :shock:

But I'm wearing her down :lol:
With a .45cal entrance wound I don't worry too much about bullet expansion.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

leveractionjunkie wrote:You guys sure are lucky, I hope you hang on to them ladies :D

Mine tells me almost daily " NO MORE GUNS" :shock:

But I'm wearing her down :lol:
Persistence brother, persistence... :D

I have reached a point where I have enough that she can't tell whether they are coming or going. Someday I'll share the fact that they rarely, if ever, "go"! :wink:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Sweet!!! I know how it Feels. last spring I was trying to buy an early Marlin CL 32-20. I missed several on gunbroker as I was always working when the auction ended. I was watching one and of course had to go to work and My Wife stayed with it and bid just enough to win it. it turned out to be new in the box and is a lucky rifle. They are Both Keepers.Jim.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

I do consider myself Lucky! My wife didn't come from a "Gun" family, and her brothers were 3 trouble makers you might say. She saw early on how much I loved to target shoot, and hunt and I never got in any trouble my whole life. I think she believes because of my gun hobby it caused me to be a good boy. She also saw how I preached safety with guns to the younger crowd. Maybe theres a bit of truth to that theory, not sure.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

you are indeed a lucky man - I tried and tried to drop the hint on a Pedersoli Sharps for Christmas this year - she just did not get the hint - or quite possibly choose to ignore it - although when she opened her gold mothers ring she wanted for Christmas - my problem was solved - she told me to get that other rifle you want! Perfect - forget about the Pedersoli - I think I'll order a Shiloh in a month or 2.

I should consider myself on the lucky side also - she did pick up a Ruger 10/22 for me last year for Christmas...
leveractionjunkie
Levergunner

Post by leveractionjunkie »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Someday I'll share the fact that they rarely, if ever, "go"! :wink:
Me Too brother me Too :lol: :lol: 8)
With a .45cal entrance wound I don't worry too much about bullet expansion.