I know this is political but Urgent!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Levergun
Levergunner 2.0

I know this is political but Urgent!!!!

Post by Levergun »

The CBP (Custom and Border Protection agency)
has proposed a new act to redfine a switchblade. The 63 page document is open for public response, but the agency will only accept hard mail and on top of that, only gave us 30 days to respond and the deadline is June 21st. They must received the response by Saturday the 20th!

The act will redifine the meaning of the switch blade and the way it is written will make all your folding knives illegal to OWN! This is an outrage and we need to let them know!

Click this link to read about it and get sample letters to send to your congressmen and a Hard copy to the CBP.

http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?op ... &Itemid=29

I had a hard time copying the info from that site so here is the address and title of the act so you can copy it from here.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Office of International Trade
Regulations and rulings
Mint Annex
799 9th St. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20229

Attn: Intellectual Property and restricted Merchandise Branch

R.E. U.S Customs & Border Protection Proposed revocation of ruling letters and revocation of treatment relating to the admissibility of certain knives with spring-assisted opening mechanisms.

Please write to your congressman via e-mail. Below is the link to the Idaho elected officials. click on the name of the congressman and then contact him via e-mail.

http://www.state.id.us/government/elected.html
"In God We Trust"
www.Levergunleather.com
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I know this is political but Urgent!!!!

Post by madman4570 »

I cant really believe that they could ban all foldimg knives.???? :?
Next it will be box cutters/steak knives/????????????/
How can they get it through?Better yet let try to sneak it under and pass it then tell all American Citizens surrender your pocket knives. :shock:they will say: Boy Scouts "come on give em up" can just hear it now.
Ysabel Kid

Re: I know this is political but Urgent!!!!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Tycer posted on this as well in the "Political" section and has a great letter for all to use!