Humor -- Two sisters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Humor -- Two sisters

Post by alnitak »

Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherit the family ranch. Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble. In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull from the stockyard in the next town, so that they can stop paying breeding fees and breed their own stock.

But they only have $600 to work with. So, the brunette tells her sister, "When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out and haul it home."

The brunette arrives at the stockyard, inspects the bull, and decides she wants to buy it. The man tells her that he will sell it for $599.00 no less. She agrees and pays him, then drives to the nearest telegraph office to tell her sister the good news.

She walks into the telegraph office, and says, "I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck, and drive here so we can haul it home."

The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, "It's just 99 cents a word."

Well, after paying for the bull, the brunette only has $1 left. She realizes that she'll only be able to send her sister one word.

After a few minutes of thinking, she nods and says, "I want you to send her the word 'comfortable'."

The operator looks at her and shakes his head. "How is she ever goin' to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck, and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch, if you only send her just the one word, 'comfortable'?"

So the brunette explains, "My sister is a blonde. That word is big. She'll read it very slowly..........'com-for-da-bull'"
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Humor -- Two sisters

Post by 2ndovc »

Didn't see that one coming :D
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Humor -- Two sisters

Post by madman4570 »

:D :lol: