new toy with a twist.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

new toy with a twist.

Post by Jay Bird »

I ordered an Ar-15 from Rock River Arms on 10-20-08. I have not gottin it so I called RRA today to see what's up. Lady told me they are not making the rifle I order because of parts. I said Thanks, SEND MY MONEY BACK. $1345 back in my account. I went down to local gun shop and This was on the shelf for $1300.00. NIB with mags.$1400,after Uncle Obama :mrgreen: Springfield m1a loaded.
Thank you Lord for watching out for me again!!!!
Last edited by Jay Bird on Fri May 29, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: new toy with a twist.

Post by J Miller »

Amen!!

I'd much rather have that M-1 than an AR any time.

That is a NICE battle rifle.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Better rifle anyway!!

Good for you!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Are you sh**&^^#$%^ ME. The last 3 i saw were $1800 or more. That is a great buy. I still have 1000 GI brass that i am saving till i buy mine. How soon b4 you give us range report.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Sweet!!
I think right now anyone that buys a new M1A Springfield Armory
gets a Loaded Coupon that you are supposed to get a bunch of free stuff??? Check below! I love the M1As (got a NM one)Lasts forever.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/specialoffers.php

Nice Job!!!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good for you, Wind. You've got some room to let that thing turn loose in too. Not max, but close. What's the caliber? 30-06 or 308?

Jason, I've always liked that socom of yours. Looks right handy.

Edited: I thought Wind posted this. Sorry Jr.
Last edited by kimwcook on Sat May 30, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Law Dawg
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

The gun is NIB, but some guy had it on consignment for $1300. I don't think the coupon will work. Maybe thats how he got all those mags and tool kit thingy.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

You did good on the price. I picked my 2nd M1A up two weeks before the election for $1250. A few weeks after there were up to $2K if you could find one. I have multipleblack EBR's, but the M1a IS BY FAR THE BEST. If your looking for extra mags, 44mag.com has the Factory Checkmate's for $20
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Oh boy, Thanks son. :evil: Looks like I have to come up with 15 c-notes or so because I just gotta have what you have. Remember what I always drilled into your head, "The guy who dies with the most toys is the winner" :D I DON'T LOSE! And I know you don't lose----this is getting too competitive.........So.....................

Wait a minute, I gotta think this one out. For $300 I can get a plane ticket and just take yours when your away on one of your many train rides! :lol: After all, you stole a lot from me.

I've been up since 5, my brain is tired and this "thinking process" is going no place.

Nice buy dude! That M1-A is the bestest battle weapon ever devised. I might as well beat you to the punch and dig up all my .308 brass, dies, etc and send it out to 'ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fine young man you are :D ------------Yo Pappa
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

You are going to go broke feeding that sixgun.
And Junior is going to hide it at the neighbor's when he is at work.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

mescalero1 wrote:You are going to go broke feeding that sixgun.
And Junior is going to hide it at the neighbor's when he is at work.
Mescalero,
I just got off the phone with him. He wants me to send him 1000 Sierra 168 Matchkings and 1000 new Lapua brass casings so he can "bump-fire" his new toy, plus a few extra to shoot at rocks.

His neighbor? naaaa.... He gets along with his neighbors as well as I do mine, which is about "0" :D -----------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You almost got a cool EBR, but what you wound up with is what I'd call a "Man's Gun" - something which speaks with authority, requires discipline to handle, and deals a decisive blow when needed.

Even more importantly (since shot placement makes up for power every time), is the other difference - the gas system. That M1A is like a Garand or Mini-14 and will be clean and durable. The AR supposedly clogs up due to the gas getting back into the receiver.

Now [theoritical mode OFF] I don't know any hobbyist or civilian who has shot their AR enough to have the difference matter, and the bolt and rings and so forth on my little AR look fine after years of my shooting it, but in 'battle conditions' that M1A gas system is supposed to be way more durable.

And even though you WILL spend more on ammunition, you'll not likely have to shoot anything more than once to convince it it's been shot... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Sixgun,
There is hope for you yet!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My one EBR is a Scout Squad. I don't think you can find a better rifle in it's class than the Springfield M1A's. There are enough different models to tickle anyones fancy.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Good find! You'll fall in love with that M1A. I bought one several years back and it'll be with me the rest of my life.
If You need more magazines, 44mag.com sells military issue (new) M14 mags.
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Just for some price perspective, I looked that M1A up in the 1981 Gun Digest. List price was $420.00. :o
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

wow sixgun jr thats a pretty sweet deal you got there man i got a soft spot for the M-1 8)
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.