OT - HS precision makes a dumb mistake:

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

OT - HS precision makes a dumb mistake:

Post by rjohns94 »

Another Bad Move By A Gun Company
December 01st, 2008 | Category: Handguns, Politics
Today I read in the Outdoor Wire that another company has tripped up and let the marketing folks rile the masses. HS-Precision it seems has used a recommendation on the back cover of their catalog by someone of rather dubious distinction. Remember Lon Horiuchi, he’s the FBI sniper that shot Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge. Yep you got it — HS-Precision is using his recommendation in their catalog. So far it seems to be the “Zumbo Effect” all over again. According to the wire, the company has received quite a lot of emails from unhappy customers.

Also like the Zumbo incident and the Cooper Rifles incident, I suspect this will blow over fairly quickly. They’ll fire the person who let this happen and in a month or two everyone will be buying HS products again. Two things strike me with these events. One, like the title of the column in the Outdoor Wire, “What Were They Thinking?” and two why do Americans seem to forget so quickly when we are wronged. 9/11 barely has notice of anything other than the day after the 10th. Zumbo is back with TV shows, albeit a new-found-love of AR’s. Dan Cooper has been fired but that will probably change once the flames are out and the dust has settled. If he doesn’t own a gun anymore maybe Obama will give him a cabinet position. On the first preponderance, I suspect HS hired some twenty-something with a marketing degree and tasked him/her with putting together the catalog and well now you have another Zumbo event taking place. The good news for Cooper Rifles is that this will probably take some of the heat off of them but I suspect most have already forgotten about it.

The flip side of this is that perhaps there will be a few more people who become educated about the heavy-handed ATF/FBI fiasco that took place under Janet Reno’s watchful eye. Remember her, the Attorney General under the last Democratic President who also has the Waco, and Elian Gonzales incidents to her discredit. Looking at how Obamba’s cabinet is shaping up I wonder what we have to look forward to this time around. We already know we’re hated from the top down.

Comments are off for this post
Time To Check Your Safe
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - HS precision makes a dumb mistake:

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I remember that back in the Fall of last year ... maybe it was the Spring. I believe the deal was that Lon and the owner of HS Precision were buds. Disgusting. I have a copy of it but it's more than 800 pixels high and the new board software won't let me link to it.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Janet Reno didn't have anything to do with Ruby Ridge. That happened in 1992, under George the 1st. No Cooper rifles, no HS Precision stocks for me.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I am always amazed at you guys who can assign dates to events,
I can remember the event, but the dates.................
that is something that does not stick. :?
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I had, uh, "things" going on in my life at the same time. Some things become markers for bad memories, like how I remember when Mt. St. Helens erupted.... :cry:
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Oh.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Here's one version of the advertisement...

I wonder if their guns come with 'hostage' style cardboard targets of a mom holding a baby - points deducted if you hit the baby, of course... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I know this is old news, but I just can't imagine what the heck they were thinking????
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I found it repulsive that the cowardly Horiuchi would have the nerve to show his "head" in public after his depicable act at RR. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I have to agree, our society has an extremely short memory. I think it may have something to do with all the info we are bombarded with daily, everything from newest sex lotions to micro I Pod type toys. And too, I think many if not most Americans have the "what have you done for me lately?" type thinking, with no thought for the future.

Just my view from the left coast, Southern California. :cry:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You know Mescalero, my wife can do that and I usually can't as far as remembering dates.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

To me, I assume that it is because I do not attach enough significance to the incident.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

When this deal popped off, so many of us sent the hate-o-grams that they reprinted the catalogues, and in their stead, sent out apology notes letting us know they were coming soon.

I spoke with a guy that attended sniper school w/Horiuchi, and he was obviously trying to be diplomatic when he said Horiuchi "does NOT lack confidence".

BTW, there's still an active warrant for him in Idaho.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

Something else to consider; contact Midway, Cabellas, Brownells etc. Tell them to stop carrying H S Precision's stuff.

Mike
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

The 2009 NRA convention exhibit hall was packed on Sunday. There were only a few booths that didn't have a line of people waiting to talk to a company representative. However, if you needed a place to catch your breath and get out of traffic all you had to do was step next to the H-S Precision booth, where except for their reps, was empty - no lines, no people. We are not the only ones wishing them demise.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Idiot wrote:The 2009 NRA convention exhibit hall was packed on Sunday. There were only a few booths that didn't have a line of people waiting to talk to a company representative. However, if you needed a place to catch your breath and get out of traffic all you had to do was step next to the H-S Precision booth, where except for their reps, was empty - no lines, no people. We are not the only ones wishing them demise.
Good. If they had any corporate integrity, they'd VERY publicly apologize for their mistake, and proudly do something to 'attone' - maybe donating a firearm to each state's 4-H club to auction for their shooting programs, or donating one to the Idaho Militia, if there is such an entity. If they lack that integrity, why do business with them.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

AJMD429 wrote:
Idiot wrote: or donating one to the Idaho Militia, if there is such an entity. If they lack that integrity, why do business with them.
I'm sure there are a few organisations called the "Idaho militia", but they're not the sort of people with an address available to the public.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1