What the Heck is Going On Here!?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

What the Heck is Going On Here!?

Post by LeverBar »

Kindness and Good Will are spreading.

I was just offered a free manual from Dave--one that will aid me in taking care of my rifles.

Some of you are instrumental in honoring a member with a Sword/Saber (my ignorance showing up). The saber is not as precious, I would suppose, as is the esteem being shown to the honored member.

A couple fellows are going on a "hunt of a lifetime." It is unlikely they will be offered such a gift again in their lives. All stemming from the inspiration and the generosity of Levergunners.

I have seen shooting and reloading components given freely among members.

Prayers are sent, heart-felt, daily.

Quips, advice, consolation, restraint--nearly all threads are full of thoughtfulness and consideration for other people.

Where do you people get off! How can this be?

(I hold you people in high regard.)
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Ditto on the Kudos!!!!! And Happy New Year!(official now on the eastern seaboard, 12:17)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Leverbar, you have found the home of a group of fine Christian Gentlemen.

Happy Trails and God Bless,

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

LeverBar;
I am sure everyone here prays you are right; that "Kindness and Good Will are spreading." Such a "spreading" is possible only through the action of doing acts of "Kindness and Good Will:" and that definitely happens here!
I thank you for your observation. Over the years I have been at "Christian sites" which, even with an obvious effort, were not as filled with "Kindness and Good Will" as the fine members here.
As for me, this has become the only site I regularly visit and the only site I regularly read, and the only place I have a desire to, and feel comfortable in posting at. Grace and Peace.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

There are some good folks here.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

In the last 4 months of 2007, I had the opportunity to meet in person, three of the forum members, and I did business buying or selling with six others. (I also did business with two of those I met) I have to say that the forum members are very genuine and just darn nice people. They are the salt of the earth. My brother turned me onto this forum, I had been an onlooker way back, but never participated. I am glad that this home on the net is here. I thank the moderators and Paco for their efforts and I thank the forum members for their wealth of knowledge and their willingness to keep it real.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

This forum reminds me of back when I was in the military (AF).

There was always that rivalry and disagreements at times between
the different branches of the military.

But we all new that when the rubber hit the road your brothers & sisters
in arms had your back, no matter what branch of the service they were in. :wink:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Definitely a fine bunch of folks here.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This is indeed the home of honorable men and women. It is a pleasure to be connected in a small way with such great people! :D
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

There are a lot of great guys on this forum. I have been the recipient of many things I simply could not afford , and have received things as gifts just because.

This is my #1 forum. I'm here because of the great folks that are here.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

Author's Note:

We are not all "Christian." Some of us may conduct ourselves as such, but we do not carry, nor tout the beliefs. Such a label excludes many of us--or perhaps, just me.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Peace and Good Will Spreading across the World

Post by LeverBob »

Count me in to...just love being a part of this Cyber Family.

Happy New Year to Everyone :D

LeverBob
slabsides
Levergunner

Post by slabsides »

We all have our own special relationship with the Author of Creation, and those who share the values of honor and goodness to others can rightly claim a fellowship that goes beyond doctrine.
The Wise said: "This cannot be done." The Fool came, and did it.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Yes indeed.

A better group of forum-goers can not be found anywhere else.

If there were to be a Leverguns.com jamboree, I'd certainly go. Most are Christians, including myself, but many are not, and I'm glad that is not the issue here. The driving force is basic human goodness.

The thing that separates this forum from some of those "Christian" forums is the lack of any assumption. The whole attitude that comes with those sites can be pretensive. It feels forced and rather un-genuine.

Here, we are all just ourselves. Christian or no, we all like to shoot and seem to strive for better in all we do.

God bless Leverguns.com and a happy 2008.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

Well said, Scott64A.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

I will agree with all of the above. I think you are all a fine group and enjoy the candid sharing of info and opinion.

Thanks to all and Happy '08!
Molon Labe
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Kind of an odd bunch these days! :wink:
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Rendevous, once per year

Post by LeverBob »

I think that maybe we might put together a Rendevous, just like the old Mountain men...just a thought.

It would be great to meet once a year, eat, drink, shoot, ride horses & trade.

And...of course, swap some lies, tall tales & just sit around a campfire before retiring to our teepees.

What do you guys think?

LeverBob
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

Well Now, that might be enjoyable!
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

This is my favorite forum, also. Even the most opinionated of us remains polite, and decent in our post's, very different then other forums I have frequented, elsewhere.

I don't know anyone presonally on here, but in general, I am certain a better bunch couldn't be found, anywhere.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

For those unaware of such there have been levergunner get-togethers. From what I've heard all were successful. That didn't surprise me.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I am all for a rendevous . count me in
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Rendevous, once per year

Post by J Miller »

LeverBob wrote:I think that maybe we might put together a Rendevous, just like the old Mountain men...just a thought.

It would be great to meet once a year, eat, drink, shoot, ride horses & trade.

And...of course, swap some lies, tall tales & just sit around a campfire before retiring to our teepees.

What do you guys think?

LeverBob
I think it's a great idea. We had a Leverguns/Sixguns .com get together two years ago in Indiana. It was supposed to be an annual get together but it fizzled out.

I'd love to do it again. No idea how to organize it though.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

I for one would love too see a levergun get together I would go for sure if it was some where we could do some shooting and a little gun tradin & camp fire cookin Just tell me when and where.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

I, too would love to go to a rendezvous.

Name the time and place, and I'll try to squeeze it in between school and work. Heck, I'll even bring an advanced first-aid kit, being almost a paramedic and all. I could be the group's medic, managing pretty much any injury/illness until an ambulance arrives.

It would be an honor to serve, and a gathering not to be missed!
I don't have a horse, but I can ride.

Who here has the kind of space for such a meeting?
Why don't we make a sticky for this?