Forearm puma 44mag.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
yukondog
Levergunner

Forearm puma 44mag.

Post by yukondog »

I need help with getting the screw to the barrel band back in,I'm haveing a h*ll of a time trying to get this screw back in I'v got the forarm seated solidly aganst the recever and the barrel band hard against the forarm and I can slip the screw all the way through but cant get the threads to start.I can take the band off and get the screw to go in just fine.I'm not new to gun tinkering but this has me stumped any help would be great thank you in advance.BTW the notches in the barrel and mag. tube are lined up, have no problem getting the screw all the way thrugh just can't get the threads to start.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Re: Forearm puma 44mag.

Post by Travis Morgan »

Duct tape.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I'd take the wood back off and see if you can put the band on and start the screw without the wood. Then try putting the band on just the wood. That way you should be able to see where the interference is.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
yukondog
Levergunner

Post by yukondog »

JeepGuy I tried puting the band on just the barrel and cant get the screw started but it will go in with just the band on the wood or with the mag. tube sliped in the wood so the problem seems to be the barrel,one thing I remember is the screw was hard to remove win I took it apart the first time I had to drive it out,maybe take a littel metal from the notch in the barrel?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just go slowly with any material removal - it's hard to put back... :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I ran into the same problem with a 94 Win. Ask Steve at Stevesgunz.com.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

yukondog
Levergunner

Post by yukondog »

Thanks for all the replys,I finley got it back together,what I did was coat the shaft of the screw and the notch in the barrel with lay out blue then put the screw back in and turned it to show the high spot then took a fine chain saw file and took very littel off tried again then decided to polish the shaft of the screw [easer to replace] worked great.Thanks again for all the help.
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I hope you're experiencing that warm glow of satisfaction from a job well done!
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Yukondog;
I had a similar problem withthe screw on my 1892 barrel band. Hard to remove and then when screwed back in, it would shoot loose after several full house .357 rounds.
Since I was going hunting with it, I postponed a trip to the gunsmith and used threadlock on the threads - so far so good - it shot well on the outing and is still tight . :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/