OT For Glenn Miller fans

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

OT For Glenn Miller fans

Post by Rusty »

I heard about a show that is going to air tonight on Coast to Coast AM. They will be talking about the disappearance of Glenn Miller during WWII. It has always been said that he died when his plane went down in the English Channel but tonight they will explore another theory. Check http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ to find a station near you if you're interested.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT For Glenn Miller fans

Post by Old Ironsights »

I have nothing but contempt for the National Enquirer of Radio (Coast to Coast AM...)

One night in Anchorage when I was bored I decided to call Art Bell and lead him on a bit about the "New Weapon" I was "testing" up at NWTC.

It was a "Phase-Isolated Sonic Transducer, with Oscillating Laser Attenuation device..... " (Code Name: PISTOLA)- essentially I described a fictional a sonic canon/maser that was isolated to the resonating frequency of human bones. (Painful way to turn people into jelly bags...)

It really got hilarious after I got off the phone and another "unnamed source" called and "verified" every single one of my blatherings and added a few of his own.

IMEX, It's a program of, by and for Nutcases of the most ectreme paranoiac/conspiratorial type...

(Caviat - I haven't listened since before Art Bell was abducted by aliens or whatever excuse he had for retiring...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

But, if they played Glenn Miller music during the breaks, it might be worth listening to the crazy theories!!! :D
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

I heard Paul Harvey (who was not a nut case) tell the "Rest of the Story" after the Army finally declassified what really happened. Miller was traveling over the English Channel to France in an air transport plane. A B-24 that was returning to England after an aborted mission flew above Millers plane. The B24 jettisoned a load of live bombs before returning to base in England and Miller's plan was hit by the bombs. I suppose the Army kept the information classified because it was an embarrassing SNAFU that killed a popular public figure, but I don't know why it took so long to finally admit what happened
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

That show was a little over a week ago now and the story that they gave even at the time was the story about the B-24 dropping their load on him. According to the guy they had on the show that night Miller was sent to Germany to arrange the surrender of a lot of the German high command. He did give quite a few details and he has written a book.
I'll agree that a lot of the stuff on that show is past believing but when you're out on the road for hours on end, it's something to pass the time with.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

I heard the Paul Harvey broadcast a couple of years ago or more it I remember correctly. The bit that you heard on Coast to Coast about having part of the German High Command surrender to a band leader, even if he was an officer in the Army, is more than a stretch. It makes absolutely no sense.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I don't drive at night much more, but God forgive me, I LOVE that show just for the comedy value!! BTW, I can get messages from listening to the white noise on a blank radio channel. It's Cory Ford, and he's worried about us....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I like the way that Art Bell agrees with and apparently knows everything, no matter how outrageous or incomprehensible, that any caller talks about. And how he uses conversational judo - taking parts of what is said and rephrasing it to make the listener thing you have a clue what they are talking about - to keep these weirdos talking.

I can't take much of it, but the show is at its best when I've been on the road for several hours, jacked up on caffeine tablets to make it to my destination, while seeing imaginary people jumping in front of the road!

Wasn't Art Bell the financial advisor to the the home loan and banking industry? :roll:
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

JohndeFresno wrote:...while seeing imaginary people jumping in front of the road!
I see things like that when I have been driving too long, too!
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Howdy,

I like to listen to Coast to Coast when I got to bed! Usually within 10 minutes the outlandishness has me ready to go to sleep. :lol:

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I listen to that show when I need to feel like my wife's behaior is normal.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1