Model 92 Grade 1 .45 Colt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Model 92 Grade 1 .45 Colt

Post by kooz »

Picked up a Winchester 92 in .45 Colt today at the gunshow. It has a 24"bbl and engraving on the reciever, antelope on one side and a couple deer on the other and has a tang safety. Can't find much on these guns, can anyone offer some background on this gun please ? It has a very smooth action and is finished very nice. Thanks
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Model 92 Grade 1 .45 Colt

Post by gamekeeper »

I can't offer much information on this rifle but a guy I used to shoot with had one and it was a really cool looking gun 8) Congratulations.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Got pics?
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

What little I've heard about them is that they're made by Miroku; top quality; strong as a bank vault; and cost A LOT OF MONEY! But worth it. I had a chance to get a 20" carbine a few years ago, but couldn't meet the $1200 price tag the shop wanted for it. This guy in Canada who goes by the username of .45 Stomp can tell you a thing or two about them......he owns one & shoots a 325GR cast load in his .45 Colt, (what else?) chambered '92 to hunt bear with. jd45
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I had one of those. Excellent rifle. Fit and finish were first class.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

20cows wrote:Got pics?
YES PICS ARE REQUIRED. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

Gentlemen,
I have had one for 5 yrs. and shot it in CAS.It is the strongest '92 made. Slick, and accurate. It does have the safety on the tang, Also the half cock.I gave $800 for mine new delivered. As was mentioned earlier, Stump has had phenonimal success hunting with his. May be my favorite. Look at Paco's loads for this rifle.
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kooz »

Thanks for the input, I will post pics in a day or two.
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning
I will have to write the jap made Winnys are 1st rate work ! I have 2 and thay are THE BEST.
Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Me too !

I got one and it may be the best look'in rifle I've ever seen or had. Even with the 24" bbl it's a pleasure to carry. Quality all the way. Course my Browning model 86 carbine is tough to beat. These two are really super great replicas of a couple of all time great Winchesters.

Don McCullough
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

KirkD wrote:I had one of those. Excellent rifle. Fit and finish were first class.
I note the past tense in your post. No tears shed, I hope?
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning
A 45 Colt is one of my "Gonna find one" this trip up.
Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

I have 1 of the win 92's tang safety ,rebounding hammer, .44 mag. The rifle has worked perfectly for me. Very accurate, excellent fit and finish. They are nice rifles. Good luck with yours.
Karl
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:
KirkD wrote:I had one of those. Excellent rifle. Fit and finish were first class.
I note the past tense in your post. No tears shed, I hope?
I do feel bad about letting it go, but I have a serious affliction that requires that I collect old and expensive Winchesters on a shoe string budget. Every time I see a nice one, something else has to go. :cry:
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Well, I guess you need to win a big jackpot in a lottery. If you do, tell me what it feels like... :D
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville