prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

prices

Post by mescalero1 »

I am going through my stuff looking for that old Weaver scope to send to Old Savage.
Happened to look down at a 5 pound can of 700X, the handwritten price on the top of the can; $60.00!
How much would you buy if you could get it for that?
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Re: prices

Post by SmokeEater2 »

If I could get powder at that price today my wife would NOT be happy with me 'cause I would have it stacked everywhere. :wink: I am finishing up some cans of Unique and some CCI primers that my Dad bought years ago and I sure wish I could still get it for those prices. :(
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I don't know, I am evaluating the wife's ability to punish me... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Two words......"powder" "magazine".... :D

Followed by three other words.... "sleeping" "on" "couch"
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

And the 5000 large pistol primers that would not fit in the 16"x 12" x6" ammo can I keep primers in ( Remington )
no price on the box.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

As long as the bills are paid and the food is bought my wife wouldn't give it a second thought.

You see, as long as I'm shooting or reloading I'm out of her hair.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

That's $12.00 a pound. Not a price I would have paid when I started loading (1981). I don't know when that would have been a common price, but I don't think it was that great say 10 years ago. Or should I say 15?
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'd say Just a Jeep Guy is close--about 10-15 years ago. When I started loading in 1972, the going rate for most powders was about $4.50,--------------but.....IIRC, my job paid $4 bucks an hour------------e gads....life is short :D ---------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..