Update on Cat & stuff...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Update on Cat & stuff...

Post by Old Ironsights »

House got (almost) broken into about 2am
Nobody shot (darn), nothing stolen, but 2 "indoor only" cats escaped.
One has returned, but the skittish one has gone to ground.
This is bad mojo for the wife type. If I don't get this cat back she could likely have a major Bi-Polar meltdown. I don't need another 3+ month hospital bill right now...
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Re: FYI - may bee offline for a bit

Post by nemhed »

Good luck with the cat "hunt" thing. :wink: We'll be here when you get back.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Were you home at the time of the attempted break in?
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

OI, I hope you find your family member and my prayers go out to you and your wife. I am glad no one was hurt. Good Luck. Let us how to help if we can.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OI,

Sorry to hear about the almost break in. And do what's needed to keep wifie calmed down.
The skittish kitty will come home when he/she calms down and gets hungry. While you're looking for it do not put food outside. Keep the other kitty inside but let he/she have a window to sit in and meow at the other kitty.

We have a feral that lives in the basement. On the occasional escape we just wait and eventually she slinks back in cos her belly is grumbling.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear about your situation. Thankfully, you and yours weren't hurt. The cat should return shortly. Good luck.
Old Law Dawg
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Good luck finding the kitty, and with your wife.
Keep a good look out, because the idiots might try
again to rebreak in.

Regards!!

No matter where you are in the world, no matter your race or religion, there is only one antidote to an armed bad guy and that is an armed good guy.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Dude that about sucks. Hope your stray comes home quick. Glad to hear nothing was taken.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hope your cat returns. Looking for cats is not easy.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I'm glad that the break-in was not successful and that you and your loved ones were not hurt. Cats are more resourceful than we are; things should sort out rather quickly.

Prayer forwarded to the Great Comforter for your distraught wife.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

I believe your cat will return shortly.

We had to move into a rental house in 2004 after a hurricane pushed 3 feet of salt water into our house. Our cat was kept inside at the rental house, but managed to escape. I thought he might try to make his way back to our flooded house about six miles away, but two weeks after he disappeared my son found him a couple of blocks from the rental house. He was a few pounds lighter but recovered quickly and is still around today.

Your cat knows where you are. He will find you.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Good luck OldIrons.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Prayer up OI! That has got to be hard all around.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Sorry about your bad luck, hope your kitty returns soon and glad things weren't even more serious.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Takin a break...

We had 3 attempted & 2 successful hot burglaries last night. Mine place was unsuccessful. All they did was cut their way onto my screen porch & let the cats out. Given that the mode of entry on the other 2 was to jimmy the sliding door there are 2 things that could have happened at my place:

(A) They got on the deck/porch went to the slider and saw the well perforated "Shoot-N-See" pasted to the 2x12 that houses the cat door and boogied, &/or
(B) they saw the 2x2 in the sliding door track that locks it tight to the cat door and knew it wouldn't be a quiet entry.

The other 2 condos were occupied, but the perp(s) popped the sliders and grabbed a laptop PC in each unit without waking the residents.

We aren't sure who did it... we have ideas... but we are pretty sure it's a resident/dependant/hanger-on because the only 3 units that were noticably hit ALL have laptop computers and the residents are frequently seen toting/using them.

I wake up when the slider is opened, but getting onto my porch can be done pretty quietly. That will change...

I've also got to come up with about $350 for a proper Taser (C2) with Laser designator for the wife/house. Aside from the Federal GCA, she understands her mental-health issues and honestly doesn't want to learn to handle my guns... and I'm not going to disagree with her... but a Taser would be better than naught and she's OK with that. (I don't trust OC... I EAT that stuff...) The creepy thing for her was that whoever cut their way to the porch did so just minutes after she shut off the lights & left the kitchen... so somebody was watching.

Anyway, I figuer the cat will come back when he is hungry enough... or he won't. In the end, to me he's just a cat...cats dissappear sometimes despite your best efforts... but it will make life/wife really bad for a long while if he doesn't turn up/turns up flat...

But in the ballance, I'm more worried about Home Security than a runaway chipped cat.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Hope every thing works out !

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

OI -

They don't say "like herding cats" for nothing. Glad you and the Mrs. are okay. Wish you could have eliminated one more piece of scum, but it would have caused you no end of headaches...
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OI,
Sorry to hear your news, unsettling at the best of times, having lowlife in the vicinity.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

When you find the cat, don't forget to disengage your boobie trap BEFORE you open the door to bring her back in. I know you.......
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

86er wrote:When you find the cat, don't forget to disengage your boobie trap BEFORE you open the door to bring her back in. I know you.......
Traps are, for the nonce, all non-lethal and simply ID the "setter offer" and brimg me to the door. Too many little kids and wives wh forget about my toys.

That and their activation triggers are all 3' off the ground - well above kitty height.

Think the newspaper will print my letter?
Michigan City really needs a better class of Criminal.

I mean, the impotent, nerveless attempt to break into our home by the last gutless incompetent boob resulted only in a damaged screened porch and a lost cat… a cat we have had as an indoor-only cat for the last ten years.

You would think that after all the time this mental giant took in casing out which residences to attempt to rob, he would have noticed that our door from the house to the porch is barred… or maybe the thought of getting his jollies terrorizing little kitties was just couldn’t be ignored.

That sound right, Boy? Yes, Boy. You certainly don’t qualify as a Man.

Only a pathetic child stoops to pointless property damage. After all, you only cut up a screen. It was “only” a cat that ran away. A cat that, because of your maladroit attempt at closing a screen door, has spent since Palm Sunday morning out in the freezing wet.

I bet that’s just the sort of really cool stuff you wanted to tell all of your little friends. Such a big tough Boy, frightening a 10 year old housecat into flight. Or were you chased away by our little fluffball? That seems more likely. How macho. Don’t worry. Maybe you can make it up by pushing a little old lady down a stairwell… go ahead… make your momma proud. Show us how “special” effete little boys can be.

Alas, maybe society is to blame… no, scratch that. Certainly YOU bear no responsibility for your own flaccid excuse for manhood. It’s your Parentage that’s in question here. It could be that the drug addled feculent porcine streetwalker that whelped you just didn’t have the brains to teach you the difference between “tough” and pathetic. Maybe your feeble, fetid, pustulant, coprophlic, reprobate sire stupidly thought that hot burglaries were clever too – of course that’s probably why he’s a con… or shot. Who knows? With your level of incompetence you could very well take a bullet and join him… one can hope.

At least you will fare better than our cat has.
Oh well.. back to looking.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Update on Cat & stuff...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Cat was seen about 5 blocks away in another swamp behind a similar set of townhouses - confused as heck.

There was a nasty wet/cold/snow blow through on Sunday which borked up his scent trails through the swamps so I guess he followed the deer... the wrong direction. :roll:

Smart enough as cats go I guess since he'd never been outside, but recognised the concepts of "porch", "corn", & "deer feeder" - so that's where he hung out - where he saw deer eating corn.

Anyway, after about 8 hrs of on and off working at it yesterday we were able to catch him in the swamp just after dark.

Got a happy wife again... AND I get to stop sleeping on the couch with a shotgun & the back door open hoping the cat comes home.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

WEEEEHHHAAWWWWWW!!!!!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I love happy endings. I am glad for you all.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Yeah... I'm a light sleeper anyway, and "sleeping" on the couch is, at best, a euphamisim.

I get cranky after being awake for over 60 hours...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Old Ironsights wrote:Yeah... I'm a light sleeper anyway, and "sleeping" on the couch is, at best, a euphamisim.

I get cranky after being awake for over 60 hours...
I thought that was just how you were. :mrgreen:
Old Law Dawg
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Oh... side note...

If you lose a pet, whatever it costs pay for a photo ad in the classifieds.

He was recognised from the photo. A text only "lost B/W cat" probably wouldn't have gotten the call.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Glad to hear it.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Good deal, I happy for ya!!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad to hear the news :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Thats great news,now try and get some good sleep!!! :D
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Glad ya got yer cat back and just as glad that ya didn't shoot yer toes off with the shotgun while sleeping on the couch. :)
ED
Yer never too old
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Glad you found and rescued the kitty. Now go and buy a couple pouches of kitty treats for your wife and a bag of chocolate for the kitties. ?? 'Er wait, that's not right, get the treats for the kitties and the chocolate for the wife. There, that's better.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Glad to hear the good news!
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Good deal! My cat was an inside/outside cat when he ran away. He probably survived on squirrels and mice while he was gone. He is death on squirrels and would leave what was left of them on the doorstep for us. What was left was only the head and tail.

If the newspaper publishes that letter, don't put the shotgun away. Assuming the burglar can read, he might take the bait and try and come back to prove his manhood. I'm putting my money on you!
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

66GTO wrote:Good deal! My cat was an inside/outside cat when he ran away. He probably survived on squirrels and mice while he was gone. He is death on squirrels and would leave what was left of them on the doorstep for us. What was left was only the head and tail.

If the newspaper publishes that letter, don't put the shotgun away. Assuming the burglar can read, he might take the bait and try and come back to prove his manhood. I'm putting my money on you!
Heh... The newspaper that publishes that letter does so without an address to tie it to... but then, if the DO publish it it will be simply to prove that there is weapons-grade language available without resorting to unprintable text... :twisted:

But as for the shotgun, the only difference between now, then and before is that I won't be sleeping on the couch.

The home/personal defense stuff is always handy.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Glad to hear it buddy. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Good letter to the editor...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Glad it all ended ok :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Glad to hear of the happy outcome. Great letter, too!
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Glad this all ended Well...... 66GTO: Just how Big is Your CAT...or how small are the squirrels. The fox squirrels here are near as big as most of the stray cat's and I can't think a cat would be able to kill one. Wow.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Congrats on the kitty recovery 8) !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."