Binghamton shooting aftermath.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Binghamton shooting aftermath.

Post by rangerider7 »

The victims have my prayers along with their families. Be ready for the gun ban radicals to get on the band wagon.
"That'll Be The Day"
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Re: Binghamton shooting aftermath.

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

The gun-grabbers are ALWAYS ready. Is there anything about a motive yet?
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

They've already started. Biden was on Fox News and just called for a ban of all semi-auto guns.
ED
Yer never too old
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Doesn't NY already have strict gun control laws? I read he had a "high power" rifle but later it was determined to be two handguns. I feel sorry for those victims and their families. If only one person there had a gun, many lives could have been saved.
Shooter973
Levergunner

Post by Shooter973 »

Putting in a Weapons Ban will not help this sort of thing. There are already Laws against Murder, and they didn't stop the gunman from his whacked out mission. :(
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

This city is right by the town I live at, the shooting
killed at least 13-15 people and wounded 4 or so at a civic
center.(a place that helps imigrants coming into our country)
How do you prevent some WACKOO from killing a bunch of innocent people? This state has about of the most restrictive Gun Laws in the country.EXAMPLE:No non-resident cannot no matter what get a non resident CWP and they are even very hard to get for the residents that live within that state.
When are they going to wake up and ALLOW good law abiding
citizens to be able to have authority to PROTECT THEMSELVES.
The police cant because they are responders to the crime "usually
too late".They try as hard as they can and they s/b thanked for that and what they do.
I just feel that if a few of those poor innocent people had a concealed weapon available they would have killed that P.O.S.
instead of being caged in that building and made to be human targets.
Myself living just on the state line in PA(just minutes from that
location where the shooting took place it really strikes home!
Unless that state can provide 24/7 armed guard protection every
day for every person in that state,they sure as hell should allow
people to be able to PROTECT THEMSELVES/FAMILY.
Until the stuff hits the fan and people get these laws changed I am
afraid more of this same terrible crazyness will continue.
I pray for those poor families of the victims of this terrible
ordeal.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

As Clint Eastwood would have said, "Another AH made at the world."
Because our culture is getting so screwed up, with so much "things-that-are not-normal-when-it-comes-to-nature--race-environment-rightousness--religion all being jammed down our throats and being forced to accept it, well, its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.-------Lock & Load--Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Sixgun,
I hear ya!!!
Isnt it odd on almost every one of these damm awful
events(shootings) that has took place,if only one of the
people had a sidearm look how all the events could have been
different! hell even the deal with that damm baboon that almost
killed the old lady and the owner calling the police and dorking
around forever while the baboon riped her friends face off.

Even if she had a little .22 she could have walked up behind
the baboon and put one in the back of its head and maybe the
friend would have had her face left!

Like Chuck Heston said as the gun was raised at arms length.His words
DiD--- OOOOOOOOO for me!!!!!!
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

As my friend JohnM said over on the Frontier Sixshooter Community forum,

since our culture has gotten so wack, that this behavior appears to appeal to people seeking notoriety, why not call them for what they are? COWARDS.

Not ill, not repressed, not a disaffected worker, not anything but --Stinkin' coward. No analysis, or profiles, or the slightest hint of interest in the Coward's background or motive.

As this latest set-to unfolds, and the Major Media gets on it's gun control horse whilst Sarah Brady weeps, why not spread this idea around to boards and blogs?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dear Major Media,"

"When referring to the murdering coward who did this despicable act, call them just that -- "THE COWARD", on the news. No name, period. No picture of his house, his family, interviews with associates, or speculation as to motive."

"The COWARD has forfeited by his act, any attention recognizing him as an individual. He must be forever forgotten, without a name or memory of him. He merits nothing, at all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If the 'honest, equitable and professional' newswhoxes insist, then post any personal data on their webpage. But never again will the COWARD be referred to or spoken of in public as anything but 'that COWARD'.

Want to change a culture? Then change perceptions: of acts, objects, and ideas. The Great Auntie-gun Association does it all the time. I say, steal their meaning, steal their momentum, pull the cultural rug out from under their feet.

Every time, on every gun board, where ever we meet, whatever we write to blogs, whenever we make commentary to the media and politicians use 'the COWARD', when referring to murdering pixxants like the latest one. Or any one of these acts, past or present.

Oh, don't confuse the opinion moulders with ideas like responsible self defense. There's no brain cell receptors at home for such a concept in those culturally mis-channeled media/political brains.

"the COWARD".

Use it. make it common. Every time you write, speak, or otherwise communicate about this subject, hammer it home.

"the COWARD"
http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion. ... ge%20Board
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

madman4570 wrote: The police cant because they are responders to the crime "usually too late".They try as hard as they can and they s/b thanked for that and what they do.
No, the police are NOT trying as hard as they can. Maybe ALMOST, but not as hard as they can.
If that were the case, then they would refuse across the board to obey or enforce any civlian disarmament laws.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

You have a point with that one!
Regards
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Every one of the victim's families and the surviving victims should sue the state of NY for their inability to get a ccw.

I'd love to see the court procedings - hear the testimony and hear the people saying that "if they'd only had a gun to defend themselves..." and then get a big settlement.

Might - might make a difference. Might make the sheeple there think.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Check this out I live right on the border in Pa.
I have CCW in Pa ,but when I go to my other property which
is in NY 5 mins away from my Pa home I cant have a damm
handgun for protection but I can pay the damm taxes on that
200 acres in NY.
So I patrol it with a long gun! My wife cant have a pistol on her
because most of the time she is going back and fourth from Pa to NY and back and so on!!!!!! shopping and such and she is afraid she would forget and take the gun in NY, you know then they would want to put her in the pen for 7 years...
If somthing happens to her on the NY side and she cant protect her self---- I will raise hell!!!!!
Is it only a few of us that feels this way???????/

Sure would look funny with her carting an HBAR instead of a nice
little 8oz Keltec 38auto.
I need to move to Alaska or somthing???????
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

First NYs has some of the dumbest laws on firearms period. I think that even a lever is an assault weapon there now
Second this situation wouldn't have been prevented if no legal private citizen was allowed to have firearms
Third The antis are going to make this a case for more controls because they don't get it that if more people had firearms this kind of thing would be reduced because no one wants to go into a shooting knowing that they just might get shot at.
Fourth no one can prevent the nut case from finding a gun if they want one and doing a whole lot of harm.
What I feel for is the families that now have one less member because of that nut case. I am glad he took care of himself just he had done it before he hurt anyone else. My one daughter and her family lives close to that situation so dad was a little up tight at first but since I haven't got a phone call I am assuming all is well with them.
No matter what we say now nothing will get the anitis to realize that the way they are thinking is totally wrong and we should be arming everyone who can pass a qualification test and that would mean if you can see, hold the firearm of choice and hit the target you pass. I can't believe how cheap life has become in this country and the world. Seems that the idea now is if you don't like something you go find some firearms and go shoot the place up. How stupid what ever happened to talking about issues? Since BO has taken office things have just gotten so much worse in all aspects of life and where it will end is anyone's guess. My the good lord watch over us and help us to help ourselves.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I hear ya,---Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

At the risk of bringing up a political stance, the gun-grabber types DON'T CARE ABOUT CRIME. They know criminals aren't likely to revolt, whereas good citizens might. Therefore, they want to ban the tools of revolution. PERIOD.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

Justa jeepguy
Yes the they do care about crime if they can use it to sell to the American public how evil firearms are in the hands of the private citizen. Have you been paying attention to what the governor of NY is saying about the shooting he is gearing up the drums to call for more restrictions on private ownership and so is the President.
You have to see it that way they do anything to use against law abiding citizens justifies the lies that get put into the mix.
NRA Endowment member
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I was listening to the "Coast to Coast AM" radio show last night while I was working. The very first guest he had on was a fellow named Locke who has written a book on gun control. He said the most important thing to remember about this shooting was that it happened in a gun free zone so even if someone had a CCW they wouldn't have been able to carry there.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Modoc ED wrote:They've already started. Biden was on Fox News and just called for a ban of all semi-auto guns.
But wait a minute - Biden promised that he and our new king weren't going to take away anyone's guns. You mean... gasp... he was lying?!?
:roll: :evil:
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

Rusty wrote:I was listening to the "Coast to Coast AM" radio show last night while I was working. The very first guest he had on was a fellow named Locke who has written a book on gun control. He said the most important thing to remember about this shooting was that it happened in a gun free zone so even if someone had a CCW they wouldn't have been able to carry there.
That would be author, John Lott
http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/
otteray
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

shdwlkr wrote:Justa jeepguy
Yes the they do care about crime if they can use it to sell to the American public how evil firearms are in the hands of the private citizen.
You're right there, shdwlkr. I should have said they don't care about STOPPING crime.

Alexis de Tocqueville
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

justajeepguy
I am not sure they even know what crime is or that there are laws on the books to deal with it.
NRA Endowment member
DAV
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

They don't personally know what crime is because their armed security guards prevent it.

Alexis de Tocqueville