VALUE: OLIVER WINCHESTER

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WIN 1894
Levergunner 1.0

VALUE: OLIVER WINCHESTER

Post by WIN 1894 »

Can anyone give me as estimated value on the Oliver F.Winchester 38-55 NIB w/serial number 1xxx. Appreciate any info. :) :)
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

When I was contemplating buying my LF Commemorative I used this site as a guide to value...... and paid quite a bit more :wink:
http://www.doublegun.com/roth.htm

It lists the Oliver F. Winchester model at $750.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

That's probably about right. Both CAS competitors and Cowboy silhouette shooters have found that the rifle commemoratives are good shooters and a good value, driving up actual prices over the $400 they were just a few short years ago.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I like the commeratives, I have a Winchester Legendary Lawman Trapper, and a Antlered Game Commerative rifle. Prices have went up on these guns, do partly to Winchester going out of business, even though these guns haven't been made in over 30 yrs anyway.

Some of the Marlin Commeratives are still a good deal, compared to new ones and I would much rather have the older gun. I purchased a Marlin 39M Century Mounty for 505.00 off of gunbroker and it has a octagon barrel and no crossbolt safety, since it was made in 1970, and it was unfired until I got it.

And I found a 336 Centenial straight grip made in 1970, which looks unfired for less money then you can buy a new Marlin for.

The older commerative guns are still good values, and you usually get a nicer gun then buying new. Although the Winchesters are creeping up there in price.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Check this one out.http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=88308209

The Oliver Winchester is one of the more coveted Commeratives, lots of the others go for around 600.00 or so.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote:That's probably about right. Both CAS competitors and Cowboy silhouette shooters have found that the rifle commemoratives are good shooters and a good value, driving up actual prices over the $400 they were just a few short years ago.
Griff is right on! Just a few short years ago, most commeratives could be had for a song. They are steadily climbing, so..........if you want a good shooter (that may look a little gaudy) nows the time to buy. The guadyness (is that a word?) can be toned down a bit with common sense techniques.------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Yes, 400 or so is about right, for lots of the commeratives only a couple of years ago. Now, I would say the average price is 600 to 750 for NIB, but a few go higher. The Oliver Winchester is one that goes higher, probably 750 at the cheapest, and up from there.
WIN 1894
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WIN 1894 »

Well it was at auction and it went for $1600 and I didnt get it. I have been looking at many places and the ones with the low serial numbers are all from $1300 and up. I found out they were $750 when the factory brought them out. Oh well always another day. Thanks for all the replys. :) :)