The recent negativity...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

The recent negativity...

Post by Bogie35 »

With ScottT leaving the forum, I got to thinking. His reasons may be completely different, but it did get me to examine my recent posts.

I want to hereby apologize for my argumentative posts. I've reviewed some of my recent posts, and I have many times been a real jerk! :oops:

I really like each and every one of you guys, regardless of the things I've written. Joining this fellowship has brought me new life. I know that sounds kinda pansy-like, but I feel more alive than I've felt since my divorce.

Anyway, you guys have become important to me, and I vow to be more responsible and considerate with my posts from now on. Being the great people you are, I ask that you please hold me accountable. THIS will be my New Year's resolution. I will miss Scott's insight. I hope that he's not leaving because of any of the stupid things I posted. Again, his reasons may be completely different. I truly hope so...

Humbly and Sincerely,
bogie
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You can't make a fella do anything...he has to want to.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

No worries brother, the most spirited "discussions" I've ever had were with
family. Most folks will tell ya the same thing.

Take that for what it's worth.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[The recent negativity...]

I've found that misery loves company and I tend to mostly ignore them, but sometimes I give 'em a little poke.
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

I must of had my head in the sand.... :?: :?

What negativity?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yo dudes, , just be yourself. Personally, I'm not changing for nobody. People will either like you or dislike you. Everything in this world is PERCEPTION. People let their minds wander and slant what somebody says to either the negative side or the positive side. I don't think there are any jerks here. (except myself) Some people have different points of view but that is what freedom is all about. You are allowed to be yourself without retribution from the government.

If you don't agree with a topic, do what you do with the TV, change channels.--------If you don't like someone, do what you do at home or on the job, ignore them. NOBODY here fits the expectations of what others want you to think or say. We are all individuals and a true man speaks his mind without worry of what others may think.
If somebody leaves, its on them----If they make a public point of it, well, good riddance. The way I see it, they are no better or worse than me. They can't be right and everyone else here is wrong.--------------Sixgun
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

El Mac wrote:I must of had my head in the sand.... :?: :?

What negativity?
Same here. Did I miss a good dustup? :?
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I did'nt realise ScottT had left, I thourght he was quiet! How come he left? Was there an anouncment?
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Once again...I'm right...you fellas ARE great! :lol:

Thanks, and have a wonderful day!

Humbly,
bogie
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm a kitten...

But I can Pounce when defending what I hold dear/my Oath.

Live and let live untill you attack me & mine... I just tend to protect my own...

But maybe the "negativity" is why I tend to stay out of non-RKBA Political/Theopolitical "discussions".

"Remote Controls" are handy for Changing Channels. Lotsa Channels here. :wink:
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Oops I just read his goodbye :oops:
Best not presume. Silly season can and does get allot of folkes cranky, lets see how we brighten up come spring :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Guess I must have missed something!!! :o :o :o
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

I for one have enjoyed the frank discussions I see here. Too many forums worry about stepping on peoples toes and want to play nice ALL the time. I have seen great composure here by some individuals while debating a subject and I've seen people decline into belligerent jerks, oh well, the good with the bad. I'll take truthful opinions and debate any day thank you.

Keep up the good work gentlemen, I appreciate everybody here and love your insights and experience. Thanks.
Molon Labe
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I worked in corporate America, Fortune 500, for many years. I was continously getting in trouble with upper management because when they said, "we have challenges and opportunities," I told them things were screwed up, here's the reason why, and here's my solution.

I'm no longer in corporate America because the "Emporer" didn't like being told he had no clothes on and I'm not an "artist"......I don't paint pretty pictures. I deal with facts and reality. :D

Be the way you are.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE SO YOU GOT TO PLEASE YOURSELF!

Post by horsesoldier03 »

+1 with Sixguns comment- just be yourself. There will always be disagreements, you cant please everyone all the time and can seldom please most people any of the time. When you start trying I think thats when you become a politician! If you wear your feelings on your shirt sleeve someone is bound to brush you off! :D

Sidebar: which discussion was this??? Shooting of dogs. FYI I still like my dog better than any of ya'll!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Re: YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE SO YOU GOT TO PLEASE YOURSELF!

Post by Bogie35 »

horsesoldier03 wrote:FYI I still like my dog better than any of ya'll!
+1! :lol:

bogie
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Scott T. bailed??! I guess that I don't visit the "new and improved" leverguns site often enough.

Nothing said by a forumite could ever get under my thick Irish/Dago skin. I'd just fire back, is all. No sense gettin' worked up by it.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
blueroan
Levergunner 1.0

What negativity

Post by blueroan »

I just joined recently--another sixgunner refugee looking for a home. I'm at shiloh, singleactions, rugerforum and a few others. So far, so good here.

If Scott and Kate are leaving, LEAH (Lucinda, Ellen and Heather; know those names from somewhere?) and I will miss them.

There's a few people almost anywhere you go that need to work on applying their christianity to every day life--I know I sure do, but I'm trying as best I can.

Good folks here. I'll try to be one of them.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

What negativity?

Just a couple of fellas expressing their strongly held opinions.

I don't see any need for name calling, but if an adult male can't take being called a couple of earned or unearned spare couple of expletives and laugh it off, he ain't got no business thinkin' he's a man to begin with.

Still, ain't no good reason for it though...and folks got a right to their opinion.

:)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Don't see it? You are one of the guys - don't see why any free man would live in Calif. ?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

By the way, ScottT didn't mention this, it was Eric M.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Old Savage wrote:Don't see it? You are one of the guys - don't see why any free man would live in Calif. ?
Get a sense of humor, dude.

:lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

res ipsa loquitor

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Kinda like living in CA, eh?

:D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It sure would be boring if we all used the same ammunition and the same rifle!
I love this Forum because of all the different view points! :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

+1 with Sixguns comment- just be yourself. There will always be disagreements, you cant please everyone all the time and can seldom please most people any of the time.
Ditto.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Old Savage wrote:Don't see it? You are one of the guys - don't see why any free man would live in Calif. ?
Some things can't be helped... :wink:

I really like SoCal. I suppose I would move there if they paid me enough... then after a year of that much income I could run for office as a Constitutionalist/Libertarian without asking for handouts. :shock: :twisted: :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Just another day on the internet.
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

I will go for one more post guys just to explain why I feel like I feel.
Over the years Leverguns forums have had a lot of OT Posts on politics,of which I have bailed into the battle head first, and with all guns a blazen.
Hobie has pretty much kept me in check because of language, and I even think that he deleted one of my posts because of myself going a tad overboard with my double meaning writing.
I agree and really respected Hobie on this, and always will.
The other guys have been kept in check on not getting too personal with arguments by Hobie also.
I have been involved with Iron Range Politics most of my adult life, and Politics on the Range can get real dirty.
I never have or never will get personal in political dialog.

The past few months I see OT Political topics getting real personal around here, and what finally pushed my button was a comment by someone on abortion.
I think that what was said informed some person who holds a pro-abortion view, that a grandchild should have been aborted sense this forum member believed in abortion.
I am a Devout Catholic and belong to many anti-abortion organizations, however, what was written was just wrong.
It turned my stomach, and really, really, bothered me.

It just seems that the hard right attitude of I've got mine, you get yours, and if you don't agree with me, go to hell, and along with you going to hell, take you wife, and kids to blazes also, has gotten out of hand.
There used to be some good old fashion gloves off arguments without getting personal around this forum.

I am very sorry to Scott T. for hijacking his post. THAT was wrong of me.
I'm sorry for that Scott.
Your reasons are most likely totally different than mine for leaving.

I hope that this explains what I have been reading and seeing on the Leverguns for quit a while.

I hope that a good conservative is elected President in '08, and I hope that this person is Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, but Pro-Little People also.
Mike Huckabee comes to mind on that, but who knows.
Join the NRA and watch your backs.

God Bless to All.

Eric Marleau
God Bless Our Troops!!!
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

All I know is that I took down all of the Christmas decorations today, packed them away until next year and immediately felt better. These are the days that try mens souls and I think most everyone, myself included, gets a little snippy around this time of year.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

To quote the late comedian, Richard Jeni..

"We have to respect people who have strong religious beliefs, right? If ya don't... they'll kill ya."
Slow is just slow.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

cas wrote:To quote the late comedian, Richard Jeni..

"We have to respect people who have strong religious beliefs, right? If ya don't... they'll kill ya."
No Sir..many of the ones I know and grew up with(Christians with strong beliefs) would give their lives for you and the shirts off their backs, even if you don't believe as they do. Not to be confused with radical extremists, mostly in other religeons, who have other ideas. :wink:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Nobody, regardless of religion, think they're radical or extremists.

That's the problem.
Slow is just slow.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Well, all you'll get from this "radical" is a hope that we can have a beer together someday CAS. I need all the friends I can get back here in Pennsyltucky! :D
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Confrontation

Post by LeverBob »

If you wear you feelings on your shirt sleeve, then I can understand the intensity of your anger. The discussions (sp?) on this board can become hot. Some may even lose their control. That does not negate the fact that this occurs in every venue in our society. Nor does it negate that on this forum we are blood. It is a discussion not an attack (usually).

I like Charlie Daniels: "We may fight amongst ourselves, but you outsiders BEST leave us alone". So what! Get a grip.

From heated didactic comes resolution-hopefully.

Example: I like Marlins. I don't use Winchesters (except my Mdl. 70).
IMHO, Marlin's will do anything a Winny will do. And, vice versa. So what.

Let's argue it out, what ever the topic may be. I think we may have become too sensitive to others FEELINGS. If I think you're wrong, then I don't care what you're feelings are. Truth and reason rule, If your feelings are hurt....then tough.

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it.

So there! :evil:

LeverBob
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

That's the way it goes. Everybody on one side of you is a crazy. Everyone on the other side needs saving or is an infidel. It's a part of human nature that unfortunately far too many people can't seem to see (in themselves).

As for the beer... I never touch the stuff. It goes against my beliefs.
You however are free to do as you like. :wink:
Slow is just slow.
Mitch1352
Levergunner

Post by Mitch1352 »

I'm sorry that he is going. I have a Shiloh Sharps and another on order for my son, and I thought that Big Nose Kate was a dandy name for a rifle. Hopefully he will come back soon, at least to say hello.
I agree with those of us who say that maybe we need to grow a bit thicker skin (ScottT, this isn't even remotely directed at you). I love a healthy debate and want the unvarnished argument from my worthy opponent...straight up, no chaser. I have learned a ton from you guys.
I can't rightly blame him though. All of you incorrigables have caused me to buy leverguns for no other reason than it gets daylight outside. I never really wanted one until I found this place. Now I can't pass one without making a quick stop to fondle it.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

cas, you're trying to hijack this thread. This thread has nothing to do with anyone's religious beliefs or lack thereof. Thanks.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

As long as I'm feeling windy, what I think this thread is supposed to be about is that when we're having a debate about something, as soon as someone says "if that's what you think, then you are a mangy coyote!", any chance of an intelligent conversation is over. The "mangy coyote" is forced to defend his honor rather than consider that there may be a more accurate point of view to the issue at hand than the one he has held up to this point. In other words, I'm quite sure that I have opinions on certain subjects that are wrong. It's not because I'm lacking in intelligence or character. My opinions are based on the information I have acquired up to this date. New information may or may not change those opinions, but if you insult me for thinking the way I do, it is very unlikely that I will seriously consider YOUR opinion. :D
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

cas wrote:Nobody, regardless of religion, think they're radical or extremists.

That's the problem.
Yes, but there is extremism with humanity and extremism without humanity. You want to see extremism with humanity, you look at Mother Teresa, Billy Graham, R.C. Sproul. You want to see extremism without humanity, you look at Ayman al-Zawahiri, Abdelkarim Hussein Mohamed Al-Nasser, and Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah. I am all for extremism with humanity.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Alright, I wasn't trying to save you cas....and I'll drink your beer! :) :wink:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

C.Cash, I'm with you. We ought to tip a mug up beings we are both in the same state. As far as extremism in religion, I will ponder that as I travel half way around the world in two weeks to Ethiopia to help a town of people I have never met but prayed for years. I will be working to bring fresh water to the town that suffers 80% of their illness from water born disease. Will minister to the orphans, those with HIV, and those others that are cast off by their govt. CAS, not sure what caused you to form such strong anti-religion opinions but I am sorry the Christians you met left you with that point of view. I will have you in my prayers.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

rjohns,

You bet I would like to do that. There have been a number of PA shooters that have gotten together and I have been the lone holdout. I hope to change that....would also like to hook up with Oldgerboy finally. I have a boy with autism and and 2 other small ones so it has been difficult to have a social life! That is awesome you are heading to Africa to do some good work. Will try and keep you in my prayers here and hope to join some of you boys in the future. God Bless, Chris
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

rjohns94 wrote: CAS, not sure what caused you to form such strong anti-religion opinions...
WOW!

Man are you off base.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

More over.... in regards to what's going on with the site.... nothing.
There's absolutely nothing new going on.

Some of you are new to the site and it may seems so.
Some of you are new to the people here and it seems so.

But trust me, this is old hat. Don't sweat it.
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Talk on gentlemen,talk on !!!!!! We all get a little out of wack once in a while. This is still a first class place, because of all of you. The sum here is greater than the parts..........
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

cas wrote:More over.... in regards to what's going on with the site.... nothing.
There's absolutely nothing new going on.

Some of you are new to the site and it may seems so.
Some of you are new to the people here and it seems so.

But trust me, this is old hat. Don't sweat it.

Agreed. We have seen this before and I've been here only about 3 years or so. We have passionate people who disagree passionately. And we still love each other for it. :D
.........THE TWINS..........

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

As a relative newbie here myself, I can honestly say that I've joined in the fray from time to time, expressed my views, and been told "I/we don't agree," vehemently from time to time. And that is perfectly ok. For one thing I think almost all, or at least the vast majority of us will agree on; I will defend your right to disagree with my view with my life. It certainly doesn't make anyone less of a person/human/Christian (or other), nor does it make a hill of beans. I have been a sinner for nearly 49 years (I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 8), have back-slid a time or two, or four, or....?; but... my views are mine, mine alone, and I will atone with the Lord when my times comes. As will each of us. In the interim, may I direct our collective attention one phrase, and 3 sentences of paramount importance to our time together, here in this place on a thing called the internet:

"General Discussion
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.
" (Emphasis added). If it's not possible for you, please refrain. Or you are unsure what constitutes "politely," ask one of the Moderators, or another forum member you have respect for. I've done that, and found that I will just engage my internal "ignore" button when that individual tries to bait myself or another. :lol: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!