Marlin 1894 vs EMF 1892

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Redeye Rock
Levergunner

Marlin 1894 vs EMF 1892

Post by Redeye Rock »

I currently have a new Marlin 1894 in 44 mag that I bought a couple months ago and was looking at an EMF 1892 lever action in 45 LC for cowboy action shooting since both my revolvers are in 45 LC. Is the EMF a better gun or at least as comparible as the Marlin? I would hate to sell the Marlin if the EMF wasn't as good. I seen that they make the EMF with brass recievers also. Any comment on them also?

Redeye Rock
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Re: Marlin 1894 vs EMF 1892

Post by adirondakjack »

92's are as a rule tougher to slick up for CAS, and tougher to take apart for cleaning etc. Both are tough, the 92 a hair stronger in terms of extreme loads, but for CAS, there's a reason the Marlins are as popular as they are. Simple and easy to make work well.
Certified gun nut
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Redeye Rock wrote:I currently have a new Marlin 1894 in 44 mag that I bought a couple months ago and was looking at an EMF 1892 lever action in 45 LC for cowboy action shooting since both my revolvers are in 45 LC. Is the EMF a better gun or at least as comparible as the Marlin? I would hate to sell the Marlin if the EMF wasn't as good. I seen that they make the EMF with brass recievers also. Any comment on them also?

Redeye Rock
Keep your Marlin, buy the EMF. If you trade it off you'll regret it. I almost always do.

Oh, and A-jack is dead on with his comments about strength and durability.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
roughcreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by roughcreek »

PACO rates the 92 much stronger than the Marlin 94.

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/paco/ ... vergun.htm
Roughcreek
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

Either action is plenty strong enough for any reasonable use. The Marlin is much easier to take down and clean though, and is made in the USA.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have had both - think it is what you like. I liked the 45 Colt Rossi I had.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...