Gun Legistration:From Mike bellum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Gun Legistration:From Mike bellum

Post by oldmax »

From E-mail:

Are you ready for the House Bill titled 'HR 45, Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009'. It will make it illegal to own a firearm unless it is registered with the database in Washington D.C. As a gun owner you will have to be finger printed, you will be required to provide your DL#, SS#, you must maintain a valid address at all times, submit to mental amd physical health records being put on file, you will also be required to file any address changes and you must report any ownership changes even if private sale. Each update will cost $25 and if you fail to comply you will lose your right to own firearms and be subject to criminal penalties. This bill and its language mirror almost completely one defeated last year in the House of Representatives by soon to be Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Will we the citizenry be as lucky this time?
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Re: Gun Legistration:From Mike bellum

Post by handirifle »

Not citizenry, but sheeple. I doubt it.

It was my understand that this bill applies to semiautomatic rifles and all handguns only. But it's still very much a threat to all gun owners. The invasion of your personal privacy is HUGE, that on top of the insult of registration.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

handirifle wrote:Not citizenry, but sheeple. I doubt it.

It was my understand that this bill applies to semiautomatic rifles and all handguns only. But it's still very much a threat to all gun owners. The invasion of your personal privacy is HUGE, that on top of the insult of registration.
We can COUNT on the NRA, and our courageous Republicans, to deal with it, so I don't think we need to do anything about it ourselves. The NRA will insist that some guns be dropped from the list, and the Republicans will insist that 'grandfathering' of existing firearms be allowed.

After the owners of the 'dropped' guns are placated, and all the gun owners who were smart enough to 'get them while you can' are placated, the bill will pass easily. Any token resistance will collapse if they simply wait until the next criminal shooting and let the media run with it.

[/sarcasm off]

Here's what I hope ALL gun owners will actually do, and pass along...

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =4&t=14001

Past experience with our fine projectile-loving brethren leads me to believe they will let us down
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Sometimes I think I'd rather trust a troupe of tutu-wearing ballerinas to protect our Second Amendment than the majority of deer and duck hunters...!

I know the psychologists would explain it away as 'rugged independence' or 'honest rural citizen discomfort with our corrupt urban legislative system'...
...but whatever the cause, nearly 80 million gun owners have let us down year after year for the past fifty years.

Good luck changing that.

[/cynicism off]

...and weren't those Super-Bowl commercials really cool...? How about that outfit Britney Spears was wearing last week!... :roll:

P.S. ...tomorrow I'll post and let you know how I really feel... :roll: :lol: :twisted: :cry: :evil:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I posted the whole bill on the political section
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

This thread needs to be labled OT and put over in the Politics section.

AJMD429 said:
We can COUNT on the NRA, and our courageous Republicans, to deal with it, so I don't think we need to do anything about it ourselves.
You don't really believe that do you?

I'll look for your answer over in the political section.
ED
Yer never too old
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Modoc ED wrote:This thread needs to be labled OT and put over in the Politics section.
:oops: - I responded to the original poster [he's the evil one, not me 8) ] before realizing - we were in the wrong room...

I've posted in the wrong section myself before (posted a great hunting story in "classifieds" even...) - too bad the 'edit' function won't allow the original poster to move to another section.

...we could save our esteemed moderators the trouble of having to follow us with their electronic pooper-scoopers... :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "