OT: HELP! Need pooter help

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: HELP! Need pooter help

Post by J Miller »

I was deleting some old out of date folders from my Bookmarks and somehow my Leverguns folder got selected by mistake. :o I blew out hundreds of entries it's taken me years to acquire. :cry: :cry:

I'm using Mozilla Firefox. Does anyone know a method of restoring favorites in Mozilla. We've already tried the system restore built into the Windows XP with no success.

Somewhere I have a couple back up discs that might help with some of the stuff I've lost, but I can't find them :evil:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: HELP! Need pooter help

Post by Modoc ED »

Joe -

Even though you are using Mozilla you should still have a Recycle Bin on your Desk Top. Unless you've emptied the Recycle Bin, click on the Recycle Bin icon and when it comes up, click on the folder you want to keep and click on restore to original place.
ED
Yer never too old
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Modoc ED wrote:Joe -

Even though you are using Mozilla you should still have a Recycle Bin on your Desk Top. Unless you've emptied the Recycle Bin, click on the Recycle Bin icon and when it comes up, click on the folder you want to keep and click on restore to original place.
Ed,

That was the first place I looked. Where ever the folder went, it didn't go into the recycle bin.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

What version of FireFox???
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

oldmax wrote:What version of FireFox???
Ummm, I'm not sure. It's updated several times in recent months. Either the latest version or the one just before.

Joe
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

need to know, sounds like 3.0x , not good,
2.0 or later maybe able to find.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

Greetings,

Joe, have you tried to go to the Bookmarks tab to access the Organize Bookmarks tab? There is an option under import and backup that in my version (3.0.5) that allows a restore of your bookmarks from the past week. Losing bookmarks is a drag, good luck in getting them back.

Regards,

Troy
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

windows explorer
go to c> program files . mozzella firefox (open it)

on right screen , find the firefox globe, right click

open properties, scroll to ('version') 'click', version will appera right portion of screen

spaceman, good find, hope it works..
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Need pooter help
When I see people in the office with that problem, I usually prescribe fluid, fiber, and a stool softener... :lol: :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

spaceman spiff wrote:Greetings,

Joe, have you tried to go to the Bookmarks tab to access the Organize Bookmarks tab? There is an option under import and backup that in my version (3.0.5) that allows a restore of your bookmarks from the past week. Losing bookmarks is a drag, good luck in getting them back.

Regards,

Troy
TROY ........... YOU BE DA MAN!!!!!!! YA HOOOOOO!!! IT WORKED. ITS ALL BACK THERE.

YAYYYYYYYYYY!

Thank You, x 100000
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

AJMD429 wrote:
Need pooter help
When I see people in the office with that problem, I usually prescribe fluid, fiber, and a stool softener... :lol: :oops:
I was just about to that point. Opened up my Leverguns.com folder is over two page heights long in links and other info. I'd never be able to recover all that.

Time to make another back up disk.

Joe
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I learned something today - I use Firefox, too!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Now, go to "Bookmarks" then "Organize Bookmarks" then click on "Import and Backup" then "Backup" Next,

Now, go to "Bookmarks" then "Organize Bookmarks" then click on "Import and Backup" then "Export HTML"

That will give you two separate versions of your bookmarks. Now, burn it to disk or at least copy to a USB drive...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

AmBraCol wrote:Now, go to "Bookmarks" then "Organize Bookmarks" then click on "Import and Backup" then "Backup" Next,

Now, go to "Bookmarks" then "Organize Bookmarks" then click on "Import and Backup" then "Export HTML"

That will give you two separate versions of your bookmarks. Now, burn it to disk or at least copy to a USB drive...
Thanks for the extra instructions. We followed them and now have an extra copy on CD.

Joe