Bought some ammo for the Marlin 93 in .32 WS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Bought some ammo for the Marlin 93 in .32 WS

Post by cubrock »

The shop where I bought that Marlin 93 in .32 Special that I posted about yesterday had one box of ammo for $25. That was too steep for me, so I waited. I took the kids to Dick's Sporting Goods today whilst Mommy was sipping tea and reading at the local Border's Books cafe'. For kicks, I asked the clerk at the gun desk if they had any .32 Special. He said no, but he'd look anyway and came up with 5 boxes of Remington 170 grain Core-Lokts. I asked the price and he looked them up and said $12.79 apiece.

Now, that may or may not be a good price, but with they way ammo prices have been going, I figured I would never find it cheaper, so I bought 4 of the 5. Should have bought all 5....

So, now I can sight the gun in in time for deer season. I'm going to try to use the sights it currently has on it. They seem like they'd work just fine for shots under 100 yards, which would be any shot I'd take where I have hunting access. In fact, most would be 50 yards max.

I'll let everyone know how the gun/ammo combination work out. Guess now I'll have to buy dies and at least one bullet mold. :D
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

You shoulda bought 5 of 5 - the best price Ive found here in New England is $17.99 per box/20.