Blackhawk Rib?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Blackhawk Rib?

Post by Lobo »

Hi All,

I have a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk (7 1/2 inch barrel) in .45 Colt. is there a gunsmith, or company that offers a rib to install on the barrel ala the Ruger Hunter?

http://gunblast.com/images/Ruger_Bis...r/MVC-005F.jpg
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Blackhawk Rib?

Post by Pete44ru »

They're not currently in production - mayhaps a NOS one could be found on sleaze-bay or elsewhere - but Poly-Choke used to make a nylon ventilated rib for Rugers, which was to be epoxied to the barrel top (and can be removed fairly easily).

They were available only in black, and will not support a scope, like the Hunter Model.

If you want a scoped Hunter, trade for a Hunter.

Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Occasionally, I've seen them for sale on Ruger forum. If it were me, I'd just fine one with it already on, then swap guns.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Pete,

I got me one of them Poly-Choke ribs. It is the aluminum one:

I agree, it will not hold a scope in place. It is a "sight rib", to improve your sighting.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

There's some company selling scope mounts for normal blackhawks for about $80. No need to have your gun altered, as it uses part of your rear sight for mounting. If ya want, I can try to find the link.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

B-Square makes (made? I'm not sure) a scope mount for almost everything, including the Blackhawk. The Ruger Hunter model wasn't ever chambered in .45 Colt--or am I mistaken?
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

B-square stuff has an awful bad habit of sucking real bad.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Travis Morgan wrote:B-square stuff has an awful bad habit of sucking real bad.
I'm lucky then that I never had the money to buy anything from them.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Some of it is okay, but you don't want to be too hard on any of it, or it'll fail.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer