OT 1911 Sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

OT 1911 Sights

Post by RustyJr »

I was wondering if anyone can recomend a good gunsmith to change the sights on my 1911. It has the standard government issue iron sights and I'd like to have some more visible sights put on it.

Thanks,
RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT 1911 Sights

Post by 2ndovc »

Check out http://www.sdmfabricating.com,

Scott Mulkerin is a super pistol smith that can do wonders with a 1911. I've known Scott for 12-15 years and he's a real craftsman.
All he does is 1911s and S&W revolvers. He's done work on several of my guns and am Never dissapointed.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Very interesting photo essay on Revolvers on the site.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

It's not a hard job to do yourself if you're handy with tools. Brownells sells the front sight staking tool. Don't think it's very expensive. I bought one several years ago and have only used it twice, but figured I saved more than it cost by doing sights myself.
NRA Life Member
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I don't have a single 1911 with factory sights on them. Novak's did my Officer's model, the slide had to be milled and they put their combat night sights on. Wilson Night eyes on an old model 80, which they put on as the front sight had to be milled in. And my Les Baer, well it has Les Baer's night sights on it. They look like Bomars.

Depends on what type of sights you're looking for. Adjustable, fixed, night sights?
Old Law Dawg
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

I had Richard Heinie build me a full house comp gun several years back and he milled and installed Bomar's on it. Best job I've seen on sight replacement.
Steve
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA, ISRA, AF&AM Pontiac #294
LIUNA #996 for the last 32 years, retired after 34 years.