OT--Rem. Evil Black/Camouflage Rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT--Rem. Evil Black/Camouflage Rifle

Post by Sixgun »

I was at my usual playground tonight and noticed that Remington is getting into the M-4 style guns. They already had their Varmint AR style out for a while, but I sure was surprised they entered this realm.
Its a neat gun and has a good feel to it. It was almost enough to make me forget about a levergun for a brief moment.

I take it that Remington realizes the revolution is around the corner and wants to jump on the bandwagon :D ---------Sixgun

Varminter on top with M-4 on bottom
Image,

Me fondling it.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

revolverjunkie
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT--Rem. Evil Black/Camouflage Rifle

Post by revolverjunkie »

:mrgreen: me like evil rifle
Your friends might get me in the rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe. Tombstone.

when guns are banned there will be two groups with guns the government and outlaws.
I intend to be among the outlaws
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Hey ... you, get out from behind the counter! That side of the counter is where the twenty-somethings that sell the black plastic pistols stand. Your level of knowledge requires that you stand safely to the "other" side of the counter. On the other hand, if you think a 45-70 is a 70 round drum magazine for a Glock 21 ... you're in the right spot.

Doesn't it seem like everyone with a CNC mill these days is making AR's? Granted, it took Remington to send them over to the camouflage dip tank.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

My girlfriend looked at that picture of him behind the counter and said " Is he ever going to grow up "
She left the room when I said " I hope not "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:Hey ... you, get out from behind the counter! That side of the counter is where the twenty-somethings that sell the black plastic pistols stand.

Doesn't it seem like everyone with a CNC mill these days is making AR's? Granted, it took Remington to send them over to the camouflage dip tank.
Thats what is really great about having the "run of the gunshop". I get to fondle everything and don't have no boss to answer to :D . Yea, I let the young punks do all the selling while the "big boys" play in the back and count the c-notes. I just wish some of it was mine :lol:

These young guys who do the selling tell me the Remington AR is not the AR to have. Hey, what do I know? Now, just pass that 1886 and I can swap it for a dozen AR's!-------Sixgun

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

mescalero1 wrote:" Is he ever going to grow up "
She left the room when I said " I hope not "
You got that right! 54 and I 'm still in adolescence. :D

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Sixgun,
I think you missed the point, she thinks we are both beyond help!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

mescalero1 wrote:Sixgun,
Oh! Hey, I'm half Italian and a little slow :D ..My better half reminds me of the idiot and "gunnut" I am on a weekly basis. I tell her she is right and that I will do better by taking up her brothers, several of her uncles and other members of her family's hobby------women, bars, drinking, not working, etc. :lol: :lol: :D ----------Sixgun

gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

I like the way it looks
AQHA Life Member
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sixgun wrote:
mescalero1 wrote:Sixgun,
Oh! Hey, I'm half Italian and a little slow :D ..My better half reminds me of the idiot and "gunnut" I am on a weekly basis. I tell her she is right and that I will do better by taking up her brothers, several of her uncles and other members of her family's hobby------women, bars, drinking, not working, etc. :lol: :lol: :D ----------Sixgun

I'm going to have to remember that one next time the Boss Lady catches me bringing home a new rifle :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I told her what you said............
She was not amused,
wonder why?
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Sixgun wrote:
Rimfire McNutjob wrote: These young guys who do the selling tell me the Remington AR is not the AR to have. Hey, what do I know? Now, just pass that 1886 and I can swap it for a dozen AR's!-------Sixgun
Not really the AR kind of guy, but did they offer any reason against the Remington?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OK, I guess there are some who think that thing is the cats meow. But I can't.

[RANT-ON]
My gripe is this. Rifles ( long guns) should have sights on them right out of the box so they can be used as is.
Yeah that thing has all sorts of rails on it for every imaginable kind of sighting dohicky, but as it came out of the box it's USELESS. You gotta go spend more money to buy some sort of sight to make it usable.
This is the same gripe I have about the modern bolt rifles too. Out of the box, with no sights, they are USELESS. This is what got me in trouble with my MR-7, no sights.
Personally I think this is WRONG. I think the manufacturers are being cheap @$$ed misers and may even be in collusion with the scope and after market sight makers to force buyers to spend extra money.

Could be that's why I like lever guns. They may not be the best, but they got sights on them right out of the box.[/Rant off]

I do like the color of the camo though. Just don't lean it up against a bush and walk away from it. :lol:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Don't let those Winchesters fool you, Sixgun is just crazy about those high-tech gizmos. Just look at this photo, doesn't he look crazy? :D :lol:

The Remington is not "Tacti-cool." :roll: (They're Bushmasters)
Slow is just slow.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I prefer to (and advise others to) assemble your own AR. That way, if you think the rifle needs a rear iron sight right from the get-go, you just buy one and put it on when you assemble. That's what I did.

That better Joe? :wink:

Why pay $200+ or more for a rifle just because it's all together? Assembly is a snap.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I just got a stripped lower and am awaiting the rest of it. Yes, a kit gun. :wink: The truth is that ARs are now just a commodity like Glocks, and computers. There are minor differences but the basics are all the same. A company local to me (where I once worked) now forges uppers and lowers for several different manufacturers. They are working 24/7.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

O.S.O.K. wrote:I prefer to (and advise others to) assemble your own AR. That way, if you think the rifle needs a rear iron sight right from the get-go, you just buy one and put it on when you assemble. That's what I did.

That better Joe? :wink:

Why pay $200+ or more for a rifle just because it's all together? Assembly is a snap.

I agree! :)

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

cas wrote:Don't let those Winchesters fool you, Sixgun is just crazy about those high-tech gizmos. Just look at this photo, doesn't he look crazy? :D :lol:

That thing looks like the guns they carried on Star Gate SG1.

O.S.O.K.
Call me old fashioned, or a dunderhead if you want, but I don't want to buy a fancy erector set and have to put the thing together. I like my guns to be complete right out of the box.
That applies to complete rifles. If I decided to "build my own", kit gun style, that's different.
Personally I see nothing wrong with the old Colt Car 15 with the collapsible stock and shorter barrel. Carrying handle and all. One does not need all the silly gee gaws you see on them now. Just too much weight, too complex, and too many batteries to go dead.

Remember this boys and girls: K.I.S.S. is the best principle to live by.
JMNSHO

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

I still can't understand why anybody would need a forward-assist. :lol:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Maybe Remington is making them because they are now related to Bushmaster and Panther.

All are owned by Cerberus.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

DavidFagan wrote:
Sixgun wrote:
Rimfire McNutjob wrote: These young guys who do the selling tell me the Remington AR is not the AR to have. Hey, what do I know? Now, just pass that 1886 and I can swap it for a dozen AR's!-------Sixgun
Not really the AR kind of guy, but did they offer any reason against the Remington?
Dave,
I too, wondered about that. They offered a few reasons, and one, is that Remington makes their guns for the hunter and not the LE or survivalist type and two, is that they are chambered for the .223 round and not the 5.56 round.

Well, I've been around guns for all of my 54 years and I'll be stumped if there is a difference between a LE AR and a hunter AR, other than cosmetic differences. I also always thought the .223 and the 5.56 were the same but they tell me different. They claim the .223 chamber will not work with 5.56 ammo. I think they should stick to selling and I should stick to shooting because the BS gets deeper the more I talk to them :D --------Sixgun

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

cas wrote:Don't let those Winchesters fool you, Sixgun is just crazy about those high-tech gizmos. Just look at this photo, doesn't he look crazy? :D :lol:
Cas, I forgot all about that photo! You are lettin' the cat out of the bag!. I thought I had these guys fooled into thinking I was an "antique" guy!!- :D ----------- :D ----Sixgun

cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I have another picture from that same trip, you showing off your other weapon, but I'm pretty sure no one here wants to see that one. :oops: :wink:
Slow is just slow.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I'll pass
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

"Don't look Ethel!" :lol:
Slow is just slow.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I'll not comment on the little rifle... :lol:

But there is a difference in the .223 Remington chambers and the 5.56x45NATO chambers. The 5.56 have longer throats from what I understand and the NATO ammo is loaded to operate in those chambers. Using 5.56 ammo in a .223 chamber means that you could be slamming the round's bullet up against the rifling which of course would increase pressures.

Same thing for .308 Win and 7.62x51NATO chambers.

If your rifle is chambered for the civi rounds, you just don't use milspec ammo. If it's chambered for the milspec ammo, you can use both milspec and civi ammo with no prob.s.

Both of my AR's have the 5.56 chambers - a Bushmaster XMP-15 and the Stag lower/del-ton upper kit rifle shown up-thread.

And as far as camps of gun nuts, I have a foot in most all of em :P

Evil Black Rifles - AR's, AK's, FAL, SKS, etc.
Bolt Action "fudd" rilfes
Lever Action Rifles - :)
Military Surplus Rifles
Single Shot Rifles
Pump Shotguns
Semiauto Shotguns
Single Shot Shotguns
Black Powder muzzleloaders and cap and ball pistols
Old revolvers, new revolvers
Old semi auto pistols, new ones

I like em all! :P
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

O.S.O.K. wrote:I'll not comment on the little rifle... :lol:
Wrong end. :lol:

.233 / 5.56

Good info:
http://www.thegunzone.com/556v223.html
http://www.thegunzone.com/556faq.html
Slow is just slow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

CAS & OSOK,
I learn somethin' new everyday! :D What it all boils down to, is that the chambers are the same but the leade is different. That does make sense with the 69 gr. and heavier bullets in the NATO chamber. I have shot thousands of rounds of military ammo out of a Mini-14 (no longer have) which if I remember right has a .223 chamber. And yes, the 55 grainers chronographed higher than civilian 55 gr.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

He loves those EBR's so much, that he doesn't want to wipe he noise. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IT'S JUST SNOW FALLING.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sixgun jr wrote: He loves those EBR's so much, that he doesn't want to wipe he noise. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IT'S JUST SNOW FALLING.
I'm going to start prohibiting you from taking pictures when we play. Now thats TWO people with pics of me with EBR's. really guys, I'm a Winchester lever guy :D -----------------------------Yo pappa