"Indoor" Range Report.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

"Indoor" Range Report.

Post by cshold »

It has been blowing a 10 deg. Wind chill outside all afternoon. :(
Got real bored, went to the cellar and dug out my son’s old CrossMan
.177 cal. pellet gun. I don’t think it has been shot in 3 to 4 yrs.
Oiled and cleaned it up, set up my little indoor range and proceeded to
have me an old fashioned good time. :D
Wish I could make 3 shot groups like this with all my guns. :shock:

RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: "Indoor" Range Report.

Post by RKrodle »

I like your set up and it looks like a good time.
Ricky

DWWC
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

casastahle wrote:Wish I could make 3 shot groups like this with all my guns. :shock:
Actually, at that range, you probably could, but it would not be good for the metal trap or the concrete wall...

It is fun to practice with the pellet rifles, though. Doesn't even cost much for ammo, and no hearing protectors needed!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Actually, at that range, you probably could, but it would not be good for the metal trap or the concrete wall...
Every basement needs a little ventilation! :wink:
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

casastahle wrote:Image
...so, is that your pellet grinder on the right? :idea: :lol: :idea:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thats very kewl. My set up is just a bit different. I have a plastic storage bin under my archery target and then my pellet trap sits on that. I remove the trap when shooting the longbows. My rifle table is a card table and i use one of the folding seats from the card table. I vary my targets with rat, crow, bunny, and squirrel faces. I used to spend quite a bit of time in the basement shooting bow or pellet rifle or pellet pistol. I have a bunch of the plastic bullets for the .38/.357 and the .45 that I have yet to try out. I will have to do that some day.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rjohns94 wrote: I have a bunch of the plastic bullets for the .38/.357 and the .45 that I have yet to try out. I will have to do that some day.
These are VERY COOL! 8) I built that target box a few years ago specifically for these. Properly caught, you can reuse plastic "bullets" many times over.

Only problem I have is that the primer detonation is still a bit load with the neighbors so close... :(
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Yes; those plastic bullets can be re-used. However, they are more powerful that most people believe. A hit at the wrong place can be fatal to many creatures; possibly even a human.
That said, they are great fun when used properly. Thay can also be wonderfully accurate.
Grace and Peace.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)