Marlin model 62 levermatic

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Guncase
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin model 62 levermatic

Post by Guncase »

At the Rickreal Oregon gunshow last weekend, I came across a couple of Marlin levers that I had never seen before. One was in .256 Winchester, the other in .30 carbine. Being stupid, I didn't buy either one. The .30 carbine was priced at three something. The .256 wasn't priced because the owner was waiting for someone who wanted to look at it, but he did say it would be around four hundred. After doing a little research, I found that only 15,714 were ever produced from 1963 to 1969. Approx. half in each chambering. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Were the prices right for such rare guns? I think I should have bought them both.
" I never went to college, but I sure paid for my education."
A favorite quote from my Grandfather.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin model 62 levermatic

Post by 2ndovc »

Yes, you should have bought them both.

I've been wanting a .30 Carbine for some time. @ $300 it was a steal!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I been looking for that .256 for a long time. I once had one made up on a martini. Its a sweet cartridge. I started out with a ruger hawkeye, now I have a TC barrel in it.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I purchased a pair last year at an auction in Virginia !

Paid $450 for the 256 with an extra mag and $400 for the 30 Carbine .

Not something I ever really went looking for . But they fit nicely in my Marlin accumulation .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
L.F.Combs
Levergunner 1.0

Post by L.F.Combs »

I saw one of these for sale at a local gun shop yesterday. It was the .30 carbine model. good shape. not a bad price.
PERRY COUNTY OUTDOORS MAGAZINE @
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

A 256 hit the paper last year for $450 . It was gone by the end of the day. I called too late. Seen a 30 carbine at a gunshow about 4 years ago for $325. But I was on a quest for something else at the time. The 256 interest me more than the 30 carbine. But it was an interesting levergun because it had such a short throw to the lever.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I've seen the levermatics around from time to time, and at one time I was truly interested in the .30 Carbine, but those things are just soooo ugly...

:oops: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
L.F.Combs
Levergunner 1.0

Post by L.F.Combs »

Thats what I thought a first. I prefer the traditional look on a levergun.
PERRY COUNTY OUTDOORS MAGAZINE @
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I've not seen either one in a long time. Back in the mid 60's I traded an old sixgun for a brand new .22mag that Marlin made for Sears, they are kinda stange looking for a lever gun. I kept it a couple of months, never shot it and traded it for a saddle. Reckon that rifle would be worth a little now.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The modern look has never appealed to me, but around $400-$450 seems to be where they go for a nice example.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/