New Leverguns from Puma ...............

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

New Leverguns from Puma ...............

Post by Jeff Quinn »

As most know already, the Pumas will now be built by Chiappa of Italy.

They have a couple of .45/70 1886 Winchester replicas.
A Model 92 replica Chuck Connors Commemortive, .44 WCF, big loop, and the little flapper to fire the gun each time the lever is closed.
A "Bounty Hunter", similar to the mare's leg that Josh Randall (McQueen) carried in "Wanted: Dead or Alive)
Several versions of the 92, a couple of 1887 shotguns, and a few Colt SAA replicas, along with a pair of 1911 pistols.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Re: New Leverguns from Puma ...............

Post by gary rice »

Jeff Quinn wrote:As most know already, the Pumas will now be built by Chiappa of Italy.

A Model 92 replica Chuck Connors Commemortive, .44 WCF, big loop, and the little flapper to fire the gun each time the lever is closed.
A "Bounty Hunter", similar to the mare's leg that Josh Randall (McQueen) carried in "Wanted: Dead or Alive)
Several versions of the 92, a couple of 1887 shotguns, and a few Colt SAA replicas, along with a pair of 1911 pistols.
Jeff, is their a ballpark $$ amount on the replica 1886's?
g rice
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

MSRP $1399.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

Jeff Quinn wrote:MSRP $1399.
Thanks.
g rice
Curiousgb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Curiousgb »

Jeff Quinn wrote:As most know already, the Pumas will now be built by Chiappa of Italy.

This is what Emmit told me when I was trying to get them to fix or replace the Puma, that has been at Sports World waiting on repairs for 8 months. It is all very exciting but with LSI's customer service track record, at least with me, I will pass. I talked with everyone but the president, and I wrote him a letter. NOBODY helped until 7 months had passed and I started getting shall we say assertive. They finally owned up to the fact that there weren't going to be any parts to repair the Puma's. Don't know how this will stand with their "Lifetime Warranty." I still don't have my Puma but am told it should be here this week, Yee Ha.
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

Curiousgb wrote:

This is what Emmit told me when I was trying to get them to fix or replace the Puma, that has been at Sports World waiting on repairs for 8 months. It is all very exciting but with LSI's customer service track record, at least with me, I will pass. I talked with everyone but the president, and I wrote him a letter. NOBODY helped until 7 months had passed and I started getting shall we say assertive. They finally owned up to the fact that there weren't going to be any parts to repair the Puma's. Don't know how this will stand with their "Lifetime Warranty." I still don't have my Puma but am told it should be here this week, Yee Ha.
Ive never owned a puma so i dont know much about them. Are they reliable, strong, etc. i would be interested in hearing more about the 1886 copy.
g rice
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Where can we check out this 1886 copy? Will it have the silly safeties?
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Jeff Quinn wrote:
gary rice wrote: Jeff, is their a ballpark $$ amount on the replica 1886's?
MSRP $1399.
With the price of the Browning 1886s going thru the roof this price does not sound bad. I wonder how the metallurgy compares between the Japanese Browning, and Italian Chiappa, can the Chiappa handle the same loads as the Browning?

Will the 1887 shotguns also be Chiappa made or Chicom? Any idea on the price and barrel lengths on these? Thanks Jeff
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

GANJIRO wrote:
Jeff Quinn wrote:
MSRP $1399.
With the price of the Browning 1886s going thru the roof this price does not sound bad. I wonder how the metallurgy compares between the Japanese Browning, and Italian Chiappa, can the Chiappa handle the same loads as the Browning?

Will the 1887 shotguns also be Chiappa made or Chicom? Any idea on the price and barrel lengths on these? Thanks Jeff
Good question, i too would like to know the answer to that.
g rice
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

GANJIRO wrote:
Jeff Quinn wrote:
MSRP $1399.

Charles Daly already imports the Chiappa shotgun as well as some of their other products. No it's not made in China. It is more expensive than the Chinese versions.

http://www.charlesdaly.com/cowboylg.asp Their link to the cowboy guns they import. I don't know if all of them are made by Chiappa.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Just glad to hear they will be making so many leveractions! :D

Do you know what th MSRP will be on the mare's leg and Chuck Connor's "big loop" '92?
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

This ones on my list....Handsome rifle!
But next is the 76 centennial from Uberti
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
sureshot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by sureshot »

OOPS!
That's gotta be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Steve
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I see that their prices are such that original '92 Winchesters and those from Browning are still a better buy. I may change my opinion, IF a decent copy of the 1886 is ever made available.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Rick-F
Levergunner

Post by Rick-F »

RIHMFIRE wrote:This ones on my list....Handsome rifle!
Nice looking gun; I like the loop. Is that the 20" carbine or 18" / 16"? I recently, just a couple of days ago, got a new Puma short rifle (20" Oct. Barrel) with the CCH finish. I'm considering getting a 3/4 Lever Loop. Mine is a .357-- I really wanted it in an 18" Carbine, but the .357 carbine is 16" or 20"-- so I got the short rifle.

http://www.legacysports.com/products/pu ... ories.html
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Rick-F wrote:
RIHMFIRE wrote:This ones on my list....Handsome rifle!
Nice looking gun; I like the loop. Is that the 20" carbine or 18" / 16"? I recently, just a couple of days ago, got a new Puma short rifle (20" Oct. Barrel) with the CCH finish. I'm considering getting a 3/4 Lever Loop. Mine is a .357-- I really wanted it in an 18" Carbine, but the .357 carbine is 16" or 20"-- so I got the short rifle.

http://www.legacysports.com/products/pu ... ories.html
I'm not sure if its a 20...but it sure looks like it...
The 3/4" loop looks pretty good too...but i prefer the one shown
winchester copy....I wish they made the Rifleman loop...its even
bigger yet
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

sureshot wrote:
OOPS!
That's gotta be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Steve
Not really. Take a good look at it:

One of the guys at LSI confirmed what I thought: The trigger-trip screw is just a decoration. Look at how far away from the trigger it is!
RIHMFIRE wrote:
I'm not sure if its a 20...but it sure looks like it...
The 3/4" loop looks pretty good too...but i prefer the one shown
winchester copy....I wish they made the Rifleman loop...its even
bigger yet

Again, look at the photo, above. The lever is made in Italy, by Chiappa! :wink:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

Mike D. wrote:I see that their prices are such that original '92 Winchesters and those from Browning are still a better buy. I may change my opinion, IF a decent copy of the 1886 is ever made available.
Hi Mike, do you have a link for that 1886 copy. I've searched and still cant find it. Thanks...Steve. :)
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Yeah, I want one too. Thanks
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

jnyork wrote:Yeah, I want one too. Thanks
me too.
g rice
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

No luck for me either, Steve. Jeff'll have to lead the way for us, 'cause I'm also bustin' to know. :D