OT - travel in Arkansas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

OT - travel in Arkansas

Post by Ram Hammer »

I'll be traveling tomorow between Houston and St. Louis and plan on going through Texarkana, Little Rock and Poplar Bluff, MO. Can anyone recommend a hotel in Little Rock or Poplar Bluff? How about dinning options in those towns as well.

Thanks for your consideration

Have a safe and Merry Christmas everyone
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

I've heard this is a good place to stay.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/l ... -downtown/

I've never stayed in any of the Little Rock hotels but the Courtyard is downtown and should be fairly easy to get to.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

Blackhawk,

Thanks for the tip. With any luck I'll be in town in time to drive around and see the sights. Are there any lights up at the capital?
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

hotels

Post by joachim slim »

i have driven from st. louis to houston numerous times. if we stay at a motel we try to stay either just west of little rock or just n.e. of little rock before newport. Hwy 67 is a by pass around poplar bluff that saves alot of time but you dont see any part of the town. if you have never driven up 67 from little rock it is 4 lane till you get to newport then it is 4 lane and 2 lane off and on till ya get to "the bluff". then it is 2 lane till ya get to cherokee pass, mo. then it is 4 lane all the wat to st. louis. if you have never been this way you cand send me a pm. i live 35 miles south of st. louis.
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Do yourself a favor and go right on thru Little Rock and stay in Jacksonville or go another 30 miles to Searcy.

When you're on the south end of Little Rock, take I-440 (loop around the east side of LR), it will dump you ought on Hwy 67 in Jacksonville and you'll miss the worst of the LR traffic, although it's nothing compared to what you're used to in Houston.
Savage99
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Savage99 »

it's all good...........
Last edited by Savage99 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert....

Chance favors the prepared mind....
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

For some good eats and some eye candy, try Nick's BBQ & Catfish at exit 183 on I-40 in Carlisle. I usually stop there when I pass through.