OT: Justin Boots

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aries
Levergunner

OT: Justin Boots

Post by Aries »

Any opinions on the current quality of Justin boots in comparison to a boot maker such as Olathe in particular?
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT: Justin Boots

Post by dr walker »

Justin makes decent boots, but boots are something you really have to try on. I would rather have sub-standard boots that fit excellent than the nicest pair that were uncomfortable.

I am not sure, but it is possible that Justin like many so-called American companies are out-sourcing some of their economy lines and bringing them in from other countries.
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

My sons always liked them.

I never did care for their looks and it was hard to find a pair that were actually for horse riding. Most had a walking heel and I need something with a spur ridge.

They seemed to last the boys pretty good.
AQHA Life Member
Bones McCrackin
Levergunner

Post by Bones McCrackin »

I've just purchased two pair of Justins and love 'em. they're a new line that the AQHA helped design. They have; authentic square toe, all leather sole (except bottom of heel), and are even pegged the old way.
Check 'em out, I really like mine!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I wear Justin Ropers, good fit for my feet and don't make me wish I had a different pair at the end of the day. Good boots are so hard to find.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Justin ropers are a good choice... but some of the production has moved to Mexico and China. The roper style last is a good match for folks who walk more than they ride.... they caught on with calf ropers years ago... a sport that requires more "running" than riding.

I like Olathe boots... the last fits my foot and the they have a spur ledge... they make about the only "buckaroo" style boot I can walk in all day too. I understand the Olathe has sold to some other investors ... I hope they dont mess with a good product.

Hill
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Aries
Levergunner

Post by Aries »

Hillbilly wrote:Justin ropers are a good choice... but some of the production has moved to Mexico and China. The roper style last is a good match for folks who walk more than they ride.... they caught on with calf ropers years ago... a sport that requires more "running" than riding.

I like Olathe boots... the last fits my foot and the they have a spur ledge... they make about the only "buckaroo" style boot I can walk in all day too. I understand the Olathe has sold to some other investors ... I hope they dont mess with a good product.

Hill
These are the Olathe Buckaroo boots I've been looking at.......
and......
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Those really tall boots are nice if you have the work for them... a-horseback, in the brambles and cactus all day long.

I get by with the 14 inch tall ones... a bit lighter if your hoofin it.. and the tall ones can be REALLY hot in the summer. Olathe seems to build a correct arch and last that works with those heels ... I hardly notice them.

Hill
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Justin is a good brand, but... they have a cheap line that I don't like, and their pegged-sole boots use a last that doesn't fit my arch. However, their crepe soled-ropers are comfortable and light, which is good for driving and walking.

Olathe's are very well made, but with their full welt-sole they're heavier than comparable pegged-sole boots.

Boots are an item that need to be purchased with their use in mind. And whether you're used to wearing boots ALL the time.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!