OT - Film of Al Qaeda in stolen Hummers...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

OT - Film of Al Qaeda in stolen Hummers...

Post by RSY »

stovepipe
Levergunner

Re: OT - Film of Al Qaeda in stolen Hummers...

Post by stovepipe »

I think I read that they were on flatbeds in a convoy guarded by afgan "regulars".....
"just keep on livin"
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

:evil:

Makes me mad that Muhammad is driving around my tax dollars...!

Too bad they don't install a self destruct mechanism like the ones they put in test missiles. If it falls into the wrong hands, just push a button and problem is remedied.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

things like that happen in any war.

we supplied the british with tanks during wwII, vietnamese with all but the best of our weapons same with south korea.

the 'enemy' is bound to take/steal our equipment at every opportunity...

i have to chuckle, though...every 'grunt' i knew from 'nam 'ditched' his M16 in favor of the M-14, M-60, thompson SMG, M3SMG, swedish K's... even the AK when available. my friend and hunting partner was a sgt E5 sq ldr and opted to carry an M60 over the M16.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

When Vietnam fell, the North Vietnamese got over a million M-16's, 2 or 3 BILLION rounds of various ammo, to say nothing of tons and tons of other weapons along with a large amount of armor. Aircraft they captured made them the 5th largest air force in the world at that time!! :o Probably lots of that stuff still floating around in various mud hut third world countries.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

I wonder if these vehicles were allowed to be stolen & have an electronic tracking device attached as way to locate previously hidden or unknown high priority targets, supply caches, escape routes, etc.??

When I was in RVN, we often had snipers firing into the battery & infantry patrols found expended .30 cal. cases in some locations. The infantry later conveniently misplaced or accidentally discarded a few Garand clips w/ rounds packed w/ explosive. The inf. did the same w/ 60 & 81 mm mortar rounds rigged to explode in the tube....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.