Road Kill

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Road Kill

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

I'll be field dressing my first deer of the season tonite. My son just hit a doe coming home from work. :lol: I have not seen it yet, but he said it looked like a 100lbs.and is in good shape. "Hey Meat is meat" Right!!!.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Road Kill

Post by Duff L Bagg »

It all frys brown!!

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

How's the gun, er, car?
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

The first deer my dad and I got when we started out hunting 20+ years ago was a doe that Grandma hit with her Oldsmobile coming home from church on a Wednesday night. Deer hit the right fender and put a teeny dent in the car, broke the deers neck and it didn't twitch. I think it took us about 3 hours to field dress our first deer in the barn by flashlight. Dad being a city boy and myself being a kid, neither one had a clue what to do. We called a seasoned friend and he said to clean it like a big squirrel. That's where we learned you really don't want to know what the deer had been eating, and to bail the moment you hear a hissing sound.... :shock:

:mrgreen:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That'll work!

The only road kill I've taken home to the pot was a big fat fox squirrel that I hit on the 18th hole with a golf cart! :lol:
NRA Life Member
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Sunday there were no deer on the road going down to the Range, but 2 on the way back by 3:30 pm.

One looked salvagable, the other had half its guts blown out its ... ahem...

Traffic wouldn't let me stop and call DNR though. :?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

Last road kill I had had less damage than if it had been shot
AQHA Life Member
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

a little tenderizing never hurts
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

El Chivo wrote:a little tenderizing never hurts
:D :D :D

After Obama is through with our guns, this may be the only deer hunting left to us. :evil:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I've never checked for sure but I've been told there is a Boone and Crockett category for road kill.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

The only deer my Grandaddy ever killed was with his old Ford pickup.....claimed he had to speed up to do it though!
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Flattened Fauna.......Cracked Critters........Bumped Buck.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Well I have got her done, It turned out to be about an 85lb doe. My son was traveling about 60 MPH and when he hit it he broke it's neck and both front legs. The funny thing is he called me and ask me if I wanted it and I told him yes, so he loaded it up in his trunk with another guy thinking the deer was dead and started to drive my direction and the deer came back to life and started kicking inside of his trunk. When he called me back to tell me I could hear it over the phone. I was trying to figure out how we were going to get it out of the trunk alive kicking, but it soon died again for the second time and went on to deer heaven. By the way guess what I'm having for dinner tonite???
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Tennessee Hayre wrote:... thinking the deer was dead and started to drive my direction and the deer came back to life and started kicking inside of his trunk. When he called me back to tell me I could hear it over the phone. I was trying to figure out how we were going to get it out of the trunk alive kicking, but it soon died again for the second time and went on to deer heaven...
Sounds like your boy needs a larger caliber vehicle ... to make 'em more deaderer.

The argument about small fast versus large slow cars may now begin. :wink:
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Yey, He said when he hit the deer it flew 10 ft in the air, came down and hit his windshield,.Messed up his hood and took out the right side headlight. I told him he was one lucky man and that the last time I seen someone hit a deer the driver died on the spot. I had to take another route home because the road was blocked off for medical personnel and police..

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Coldfingers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Coldfingers »

A quick and easy meal.

Moose, on the other hand, require several hours prep time just to get em in the back of the P/U :lol:

Sure have eaten my share over the years. I say "good pickins" and enjoy the gift.

Our local Troopers have me on the speeddial. One of a few folks that like to get up at 3:oo am with the temps in the munus fourty's just to see "whats for dinner"

Scotty
Porquipines are peacefull creatures but God still saw fit to give them quills
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Good one Rimfire McNutjob I like that, should take everyone's mind of the elections.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Good to hear you were able to make good use of the meat. The biggest buck I ever killed was with a 1991 S-10 pickup. Tore the heck out of the front of the truck and since I was 900 miles or so from home I couldn't do anything with the meat but the North Dakota state trooper who showed up said that he knew of a family that would be happy to get some deer meat so I felt a little better about the whole thing.
The trip home without a drivers side window was "interesting". :shock: