Another Deputy falls

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Another Deputy falls

Post by Mike D. »

This afternoon, at approximately 1400 hours a Sacramento County Sheriff's Deputy was shot and killed by an unknown Asian man. The officer and his partner, both in plain clothes, were doing "routine" checks on Asian gang members when the suspect, unfamiliar to them, bolted and ran. He jumped a fence and the officer followed. At that time shots were fired and the officer fell, mortally wounded in the neck. Within a few minutes the area was surrounded and the hunt is on for the suspect. At this time, there are nearly 200 officers from several agencies looking for this person. He will not escape the net. :cry:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

*** :evil:

What to do, what to do....
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Prayers sent for his family.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I hope they get him :evil:
Knee mail sent for his family
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Hard to put into words but, may God comfort the family and let the scrunge rot where he falls.
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
Bramble
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bramble »

May a brave man Rest In Peace.

His family have my sympathies.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

I hope when they come up on him, he attempts to escape, while pointing his weapon in the direction opposite his route..........that'll fix his wagon....instant, onsite, & final, justice. I'm reminded of a line of dialogue from the movie"Patton"..........."When you stick your hand into a bunch of goo that, a moment ago, was your best friend's face,.........you'll know what to do!" jd45
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I hope the dummy finds God, repents, turns himself in and confesses.
I know, I can be hopeless, but prayers do need to go both ways.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

I agree homefront, miracles DO happen, however infrequently, but if he doesn't, see my first post. jd45
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Prayers sent.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Caco
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Caco »

My sympathies to the family and respect for the man.
Maybe not the right time, but--maybe some more anti gun legislation would sway criminals.
Dave
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

I salute him and his service to all of us and pray for his family. God rest his soul.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Caco, I love your sarcasm, but you're right, it's not, IMO. jd45
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Unknown man. Routine check. Apparently no warrant, and no investigation in progress.

...and why did he decide to chase the guy?

:?:
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

You can read about the Officer, or leave a message here:

http://www.odmp.org/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

homefront wrote:I hope the dummy finds God, repents, turns himself in and confesses.
Sorry Homefront - I am not as good of a Christian as you are. I hope this *** does something incredibly stupid like try to fight it out with a bunch of the 200 LEO's searching for him - and ends up looking like Swiss cheese! :evil:
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The Officer, Det. Vue Nguyen, was a ten year veteran of the Department, the last three of that with the Gang Suppression Unit. Last word from some of the troops is that the killer is still at large, but hopefully will be rounded up soon. Personally, I hope he never sees the front door of the jail, but enters through the morgue.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Ysabel Kid, see my first post. Basically, I agree with you. jd45
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

FWiedner wrote:Unknown man. Routine check. Apparently no warrant, and no investigation in progress.

:?:
I have no idea, but won't attempt a second guess. The interview with his partner may tell more of the story. The media was all over the sit from the get-go. Rumors are rampant, as usual.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jd45 wrote:Ysabel Kid, see my first post. Basically, I agree with you. jd45
Yep, we agree - as usual! :D

My father was an FBI agent. I remember him coming home late a few times where Mom was pacing. This was long before cell phones. I have no sympathy whatsoever for cop-killers. I wish none of them made it to the jails alive... :evil:
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

From FWiedner Unknown man. Routine check. Apparently no warrant, and no investigation in progress.

If he was working a gang unit, part of his job is stopping to contact gang members. They don't have to have a warrant or be involved in an investigation. Why the officer chased him, could be a number of reasons.
Gun Runner

Post by Gun Runner »

Like Mike D I have been following this on the news. On one of the earlyer news casts they said he was married. He got married in April this year.

Ifin the LEO"S dont have enough ammo I can haul a P/U load down, am only 60 miles N of SAC. Also have about 1000 feet of ROPE.

Gun Runner
danthegunman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by danthegunman »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
homefront wrote:I hope the dummy finds God, repents, turns himself in and confesses.
Sorry Homefront - I am not as good of a Christian as you are. I hope this *** does something incredibly stupid like try to fight it out with a bunch of the 200 LEO's searching for him - and ends up looking like Swiss cheese! :evil:
As a former Law Man myself I couldn't have said it better myself.
I know that we are suppose to forgive and for get, BUT we are humans too.
I've been on man hunts before and we were just hoping someone would give a little (home made justice!).

Dan
That which does not kill us makes us stronger!

Dan Printz/Gunsmithing
The Firing Pin
Call Before You Shoot!

http://www.danthegunman.com
dan@danthegunman.com
Semper Fi
John14:6 <((><
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Just to clarify, I am not suggesting that our police should be judge, jury and executioner - and I know no one else is. No need to clarify that for the regulars here, but it occured to me we do have outsiders read our forum.

Rather, two points. No doubt what this guy did. LEO's do a critical, stressful, and most of the times, thankless job. Much like our military -high risk and low pay. Seeing a brother in arms go down is not good in any profession - less so in one of shared danger.

Anyone who would kill a armed LEO is especially dangerous to the public at large, which is mostly unarmed. This, in and of itself, is the best reason why such a person needs to be apprehended immediately, and if they resist in the slightest, dispatched post haste. Just a matter of saving future lives.
Gun Runner

Post by Gun Runner »

According to the news they arrested a 16 year old in connection with the shooting of the officer at 12:30 A.M. today. Name not released due to him being a minor. Was not enrolled in school, but they say he had ties to a local gang. Going to try to charge him as an adult.

Gun Runner
LGS
Levergunner

Post by LGS »

My prayers to a fallen brother and his family.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Prayers sent.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The suspect, a slightly built, 16 yr old Asian male was taken into custody early this morning where he had been hiding at the home of a relative. The Sheriff saus that he has been fairy cooperative and that they feel certain that he is the killer of Det. Nyugen.

The suspect is not enrolled in school, is a "validated" gang member and part of a subculture that does not value human life. Since he is a minor, and has the right to due process, his name will not be announced. He will be tried and fried as an adult.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

He may be tried as an adult but I highly doubt he'll fry as one. He's in California, one of the most liberal states in the country. And, if that isn't enough, there's the 9th circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, the most liberal appeals court in the country.

All I can say is now that he's in custody I hope his trial will be quick, the mandatory appeal quick and capital punishment. I can only dream he gets his justice on this earth before getting it before God.
Old Law Dawg
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Word I got this morning was that the little turd claimed that he would have killed Vu's partner if he had the chance. He then told the interviewers that if he had a gun he would be happy to kill them, too.

His likelyhood of successful rehab in prison is somewhere between slim and none. It's sad that the taxpayers money will be wasted on a prolongued trial and another 50+ yrs of three hots and a cot in Pelican Bay.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm glad they got him. Funny how these turds talk tough when nothing can happen to them.

It will end up a mess. What do you want to bet he becomes the next cause for the celebrities out there? :evil: :evil: :evil:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

prayers offered

Post by rjohns94 »

Another sheepdog gone. I pray that his family will be surrounded by the Love and Grace of God, that this Kid becomes aware of the truth of his actions and that through this, somehow, God will be glorified.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Prayer for the officer; may he rest in peace.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.