Apology re Keith's "Big Fifty" article

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Apology re Keith's "Big Fifty" article

Post by airedaleman »

To everyone who requested a copy of the subject article from the June 1940 American Rifleman, I want to offer an apology for not having gotten your copy out yet. Response was significant, and I had to make more copies, get more stamps and envelopes, etc. Please be patient. They'll be in the mail this week, and I will answer each PM. Hope you folks find the article
as interesting as I did.
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Apology re Keith's "Big Fifty" article

Post by mescalero1 »

Thank you sir,
a noble endeavor indeed.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Thanks for the update...Can hardly wait for someone to get it scanned and posted here 8)
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

airedaleman wrote:To everyone who requested a copy of the subject article from the June 1940 American Rifleman, I want to offer an apology for not having gotten your copy out yet. Response was significant, and I had to make more copies, get more stamps and envelopes, etc. Please be patient. They'll be in the mail this week, and I will answer each PM. Hope you folks find the article
as interesting as I did.
airedaleman,

I'm in no great hurry. Matter of fact if it would help, I'll send you an SASE. Just PM or Email me your snail mail addy.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodtroll »

No worries, sir! With my own concerns to face here at home lately, I have thought little about it. My offer to send you a donation for expenses and effort still stands.

Thanks for your generous offer! I doubt anyone here will think less of you for taking a little time to get it done!
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians
Comal Forge
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Comal Forge »

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ but wouldn't it be easier to scan it into a .PDF file and post a link? That would make it available to anyone on the board and save a bunch of SASE costs.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

airedaleman wrote:To everyone who requested a copy of the subject article from the June 1940 American Rifleman, I want to offer an apology for not having gotten your copy out yet. Response was significant, and I had to make more copies, get more stamps and envelopes, etc. Please be patient. They'll be in the mail this week, and I will answer each PM. Hope you folks find the article
as interesting as I did.
Sir, I have every capability to convert said article to PDF for everyone's perusal.

Please save yourself the expense and forward just one clean copy to me and I will either return to you the PDF for disbursal or email it to all concerned myself.

It's the least I can do...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

OI, I offered to do this in the first post and when it arrives, I will do that for the forum members. My thoughts were to post it and everyone could down load it and would not need to have it mailed to everyone.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

rjohns94 wrote:OI, I offered to do this in the first post and when it arrives, I will do that for the forum members. My thoughts were to post it and everyone could down load it and would not need to have it mailed to everyone.
Cool. You first. Let me know if you have any issues.... 8)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
MtnGun
Levergunner

Post by MtnGun »

Thank you very much.

Randy
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Thanks to all for the offers of assistance, and compensation! All the copies are on their way to those who requested them, and a fair (unfolded) copy is en route to rjohns94 for scanning. Hope everyone enjoys a nearly 70-year-old report...
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Looking forward to the scanned version.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................