OT - Muck Boots

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

OT - Muck Boots

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Does anybody have any experience with "Muck" brand boots?

I need a new pair of rubber boots for hunting and the Muck boots seem to be lighter and reviews say they fit better than average rubber boots.

Any thoughts..good or bad..?
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Muck Boots

Post by O.S.O.K. »

That's exactly what I've got - they are like wearing a thick pair of socks - extremely comfortable. They also have decent insulating properties and mine are waterproof and have held up for two seasons w/o springing a leak. Further, they tend not to hold the mud which can be very irritating.

In other words A+++++ rating.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I have a pair and I like em. Your feet stay dry from the outside..

They are really warm in the winter...you can soak your socks from the sweat and they will stay warm

and that's the only draw back to them... neoprene is too hot for the summer.

I've done some limited riding in them... fit a stirrup well enough. enough bottom and arch to ride a little without soring the foot.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
mike454
Levergunner

Post by mike454 »

Not great for deep snow. They can pull off in deep wet snow. Otherwise they're very good
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I wear out a pair about every 12-18 months, and yet they are so comfortable, easy to slip on, and otherwise good, that it is worth replacing them. Usually a crack forms where I've hit them with a shovel, pitchfork, chainsaw( :shock: ) or stepped on a nail, so it isn't that they aren't reasonably durable. For when I KNOW I'll be doing something especially heavy I will wear heavier, lace-up boots.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

As long as the tops don't get caught in barbed wire, or stabbed with a pitch fork or some other malady, they wear really well. I really get alot of good out of them during calving season as it's usually either deep snow, or deep mud, and cold weather. I have even worn them while elk hunting at 9000 ft in a ft of snow.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I cannot find a pair that fits my feet comfortably. I like the concept but I have tried many pairs on and for some reason they don't feel well on my feet.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

No, Don't have no experience with "Muck Boots" but I sure have made many pairs of Redwings, Timberlands, etc. INTO muck boots. :D I've done my share of cleaning stalls.-----------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I should add they have NO arch support, but if used outside, where you're on variable contours, it likely won't matter much. I wore mine to a wedding (the ones with only a couple splits in them) and my feet were sore by the time we went home a couple hours later. You could always use the duct-tape and cardboard method of making a support, then sticking the common 'cushion' type insert on top of your home-made concoction.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "