Sunday Afternoon SHooting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Sunday Afternoon SHooting

Post by 6pt-sika »

As uasual here lately I had some stuff I needed to take to the range !

I was sitting at the picnic table behind my bench when I took this picture . Hadn't started yet .

Have all my fire power for the day laid out on the picnic table ! Sorry to say but this is the only picture I got today of my two revolvers ! One is my old Flattop Ruger 44 MAG and the other is the 50th Anniversary Flattop 357 .

First up was my circa 1965 Marlin First Model 444 !

I had originally sighted it in with the Charles Daly 3-9 scope in Millet rings . Then later I replaced the Charles Daly scope with this old Weaver K2.5 and left the HIGH Millet rings on ! The other day I ran across some Weaver extension rings so I bought a pair of them to try on this rifle and changed out the mounts last night ! Then today I sighted her back in with the Ranch Dog 432-265GC backed with 36 grains of XMP5744 and the CCI200 primer.

Next came my #2 Marlin 336D 35 REM . I had originally sighted it in with a Lyman peep sight and then got another Weaver K3 but didn't have a Leupold base for it until friday .

Here's the 336D with the old Weaver K3 mounted in the Leupold base and rings !
This one was sighted in with the Ranch Dog 359-190GC and 13 grains of SR4756 with a CCI200 primer.

Here's a old circa 1965 Marlin "Glenfield 36G" that I've had for awhile now ! It's been sitting around torn apart waiting to be rebarreled to 7-30 Waters . But the other night I deceided to put it back together and try it with the Ranch Dog 311-165GC loaded with 22 grains of XMP5744 and the CCI200 primer !

I mounted and old old Weaver K2.5 on this one . This scope at some point needs to find it's way to someone who can refill it with gas .

I had originally sighted in my old circa 1962 Marlin 336SC 30-30 in with the Ranch Dog 311-165 and had shot 357MAX's 312-150GC bullet so I could use them both in the same rifle . Now I decided to just sight this one in with the 312-150GC bullet . It's loaded with 21 grains of XMP5744 and a CCI200 primer ! So I needed some minor tweaking of my scope setting !

Have another kinda nice old Weaver K2.5 on top this old one as well !

Now this was a NEW experiance for me !
It's my new to me Savage 10ML . This thing is a muzzle loader that is deemed okay to shoot smokeless powder ! Now I realize there are many here that do not like this and thats fine with me as I'm not asking you to pay for the rifle or me to shoot it . So here goes !

I mounted my Leupold 6.5-20x target scope on top because that was the only thing I had free at the moment !

I had pre measured about a dozen charges of VV-N110 at 42 grains and 3 a half grain under and 3 more a half grain over . And I was setting them off with CCI 209M primers . The only problem I had was getting on the paper as I had not bore sighted the thing . Anyway to make a fairly long boring story short . This thing seems like it just might be alright !

After I got tired of playing with the "smokeless blackpowder rifle" I pulled out the 357 Blackhawk and proceeded to make sure it was still on at 25 yards . And sure enough all was well !

Then I pulled the circa 1957 44 Flattop out and started shooting at the target at 25 yards and even though I had only shot this thing maybe a dozen times before it was right on at 25 yards !

So other then working with the Savage 10ML some more . Spending a little more time with my friends Remington 600 and checking the scope on my Savage 210F rifled slu gun I think I am about done for the deer firepower for this coming season ! Might get out mu H&R 20 gauge Ultra Slug Deluxe and check the scope on it as a back up . But thats about it ! I HOPE :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Sunday Afternoon SHooting

Post by Tycer »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Green with envy!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

At the moment I have twelve lever action rifles sighted in with cast bullets !

Six lever actions sighted in with jacketed bullets !

Three bolt action rifles sighted in with jacketed bullets !

Two inline muzzle loaders and two rifled slug shotguns sighted in !

All of this is just for the upcoming season !

And I still have a half a dozen more that I don't have scopes for that I would like to blood this year :roll:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Very good! I'm hoping to get some range time in on Tues.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Griff wrote:Very good! I'm hoping to get some range time in on Tues.
The big "if" in my equation will be rather or not I'm able to stand spending enough time in the woods to use all these guns this year :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This post really, REALLY needed a "slobber warning/alert"!!! :D
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Nice collection, great way to spend the day.
It is not the critic who counts
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice indeed. Nice collection
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
mudgunner49
Levergunner

Post by mudgunner49 »

What's with that weird one without the lever?? All was well until that appeared... :lol:

blake
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

mudgunner49 wrote:What's with that weird one without the lever?? All was well until that appeared... :lol:

blake

That's all a matter of opinion now isn't it :wink:

Doesn't hurt either that I have a Savage 12 gauge slug gun that is pretty much identical to it :D
Whit Spurzon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Whit Spurzon »

Excellent range report. Thanks for posting!!!
"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves." -Will Rogers