New article by JimT

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

New article by JimT

Post by AmBraCol »

Here's Jim's latest for your Friday reading pleasure...

I, for one, really appreciate his "I saw it with my own eyes." style of writing.

http://www.sixshootercommunity.com/arti ... alope.html
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Re: New article by JimT

Post by bsaride »

I took out my Cold Steel Master Hunter and laid into them, but it was no use. They swarmed over me and ripped me to shreds. It was awful. They killed me and then they ate me.
Excellent posthumus article!
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Yes, I was sorry to hear you tell of your passing as well.

Unfortuunately your cameraman obviously did not get pictures of the actual event since the picture was not of a Jackalope but of the much more timid Radeer.

Male Radeer (Lepus Cervadae) grow velveted antlers that shed annually.

Jackalope (Lepus Bovidae) grow wicked spiked horns that are not shed but are used as weapons. Some have been known to use pencil sharpeners to touch up the points.

There has been much conjecture about whether the Beast of Caerbannaugh was actually a captive and mutilated Jackalope or whether it was a genuine Werelagamorph, but unfortunately the DNA trace was lost after a bloody great Knight ate the remains.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That Jim T sure is somethin'. That was good readin'. BTW, for those who believe, well, I sure was a gullible fish at one time. (still am a bit) Back around 1970 when I was 16, I saw one of those mounted in a gunshop. The owner told he the story on how he shot it...blah...blah...blah. I believed every word he said and I honestly believed the existence on jackalopes for another 10 years or so. I even argued their existence to other people because "I saw one!"----Sixgun (yea, I know--car salesmen see me coming from a mile away)
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

I glad he had his laptop and posted his story before he was eaten. I'm going to miss him. :cry:
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I had a similar experience in the sands of West Texas.

Yep, I hate 'em, too!
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

My wife and I saw one go after a Big Horn Sheep in the White Tank Mtns.of Arizona while we were hiking,fortunately the Jackalope went after the sheep instead of us. The only thing that saved the sheep was it's fantastic ability to climb. Apparently,Jacklopes are fast but they don't climb very well. That sheep allowed us to make our escape. We were lucky !!!!!!!
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Here is a similar story I posted on another forum a few weeks ago.
Why jackalopes is the fiercest, most dangerous, critter to roam the West. Buffalo would stampede at the mere suspicion that jackalope were in the area. And more than once large Indian war parties were scattered by a single ill-tempered buck jackalope, with great loss of life. Folks claim that Custer and the 7th Cavalry got rubbed out by the Lakota and Cut Arms, but it ain't so! I know fer a certain fact that Custer was out on a jackalope hunt and he managed to provoke a stampede of a big herd of the critters and they just naturally more chewed up those bluecoats in nothing flat. An injun name of Little Big Man saw it happen and told me all about it.

My last encounter with jackalopes was back in the late summer of 1878, down in the Uncomphagre country. I'd been out prospecting all summer and was getting low on supplies. I'd spotted lots of jackalope signs over the last few days and decided to see if I could shoot one for the pot.

After a long hard stalk, I got to within about a mile and a half or two miles of a big herd of the critters. The herd buck was sitting on a little rise between me and the herd, so I decided to try a shot with my trusty old .44 Henry. I guess I'd misjudged the range because the bullet hit the ground a good three or four hundred yards short. At the sound of the shot, that big herd buck must have jumped a good 35 feet in the air and spun all the way around. When he hit the ground, he hit it arunning, and that whole herd of jackalopes was stampeding along behind him. Their paws beating the ground like hell beatin' tan bark and their antlers clicking together like a hundred boys running beside picket fences with a stick.

I tell you I was shook. I worked the lever on my old Henry as fast as I could and got off a second shot. I got no idea where the bullet landed, but it went way past those stampeding jackalopes. All it did was make 'em charge faster.

That old Henry was a slick old rifle, and I could work the action pretty fast. But before I could work the action for a third shot, those jackalopes were on me. They swarmed all over me, stomping and scratching with those paws, gouging me with their antlers, and biting me with those big old fierce rabbity looking teeth.

Those darned jackalopes killed me and et me right there on the side of a mountain about 90 miles from Colorado Springs. And that is the honest to God truth. If it ain't you can call me a politician.

Doc Hudson
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!