OT - S&W Heller Commemorative Revolver

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

OT - S&W Heller Commemorative Revolver

Post by don Tomás »

Now this would be the one to own...
Tom

Special Revolver Commemorates Landmark Heller Decision

By Tom Gresham

Sometimes things work out, and in this case, it's a home run! Three weeks ago on my Gun Talk Radio Show, I offered the idea of a presentation gun to be given to the six original plaintiffs in what started off as the "Parker" case, and then became the Heller case. That's the case where the U. S. Supreme Court ruled on July 26 that the Second Amendment is, in fact, an individual right, and the court threw out the total handgun ban in Washington, DC.

I'd love to say it was my idea, but I got the suggestion from a listener and Truth Squad member. I liked it, so I picked up the ball and ran with it.

Now, only three weeks later, it's reality. Even better, you can buy one.

On Sunday, July 20, I'll announce on the radio the new "D.C. vs. Heller" revolver from Smith & Wesson. It's the alloy frame model 442, which is a hammerless J-frame (the small frame) in .38 Special. It's very lightweight, with rubber grips. It's a perfect self-defense revolver.

Before I get into the details, let me tell you how it came about. I initially thought that a revolver was the way to go because Fenty, the mayor of D.C., has stated that the city will not allow anyone to register semi-auto handguns. The city classifies autoloaders as machine guns, which tells you how much they know about guns. Clearly, semi-autos are the most popular type of handgun being sold, so there is nothing unusual about them. Of course, this means is that the District will be sued...again...and will lose. Fenty should be impeached for wasting public money. But, I didn't want the six people who stood up to claim their Second Amendment rights to have to wait, so we went with a revolver.

I began the conversation with Smith & Wesson, and they immediately said yes. They didn't even know what they were committing to, but they liked the idea. A week ago my son, Ryan, and I were shooting video at the S&W plant for Gun Talk TV, and we met with Tom Taylor and Paul Pluff to discuss it. Tom suggested that rather than making just six of the guns, that they make a special gun and offer it for sale to everyone. A share of the revenue would be used to fund the lawsuits which are ongoing right now.

So, that's what we are doing. A portion of the sales will go to the Second Amendment Foundation, which has been instrumental in not only the Heller case, but in funding legal scholarship on the Second Amendment over the last 20 years. SAF filed suit against the city of Chicago (which has a ban just like D.C.'s) within minutes of the Supreme Court decision on Heller.

Click Here to view photos of the special Model 442. You can see the neat laser engraving with the scales of justice, the date of the decision (June 26, 2008), and the words "D.C. vs Heller" on the scale. Note that the side of the scale holding "Heller" is weighted down -- the winner! There's also an engraving saying "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms" on the revolver.

The black finish on this gun takes laser engraving very well, and the engraved parts show up in a satin-silver finish. It looks great!

The revolver will be available for sale in early fall -- right around the corner. Honestly, I can't think of a better gift for yourself or someone in your family to note this critically-important blow for gun rights. I wouldn't claim that this will be a collector's item -- I don't think it will -- but it's going to be something special to have in future years.

I'm happy to have been able to push this through. Here's a big attaboy to the men and women who worked on this case for so long, and to the six D.C. residents who put their names on the lawsuit. Talk about having the "no shrug" attitude we talk about on the radio! They wouldn't take it anymore.

Listen in to Gun Talk for more information. We'll have Tom Taylor from Smith & Wesson and Alan Gottlieb from the Second Amendment Foundation on at 2:10pm Eastern time, July 20.

As we get more information about ordering this special revolver (expect a street price in the $450 range), I'll put it out on the air. You can buy a special gun and help continue the fight for gun rights. Not bad, indeed.

-- Tom Gresham
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - S&W Heller Commemorative Revolver

Post by Tycer »

I'll have to get one.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

It needs a hunter-orange post sticking out of the muzzle doesn't it?

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Snotwad
Levergunner

Post by Snotwad »

Any chance you could talk them into leaving off the stupid "Lawyer Lock",,, they'll fly off the shelves!
'Tis better to shun the bait, than to struggle with the snare
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

I would buy one of those in a second! I know it will have the lock but I can get past it.
Break on through to the other side!!!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm in......Gotta have one of those.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

guys, that particular gun doesnt have the lock. The cenntennial line doesnt!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

bogus bill wrote:guys, that particular gun doesnt have the lock. The cenntennial line doesnt!
My 640 (steel 357) sure does.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Its my understanding the new model 40s dont, and I have seen the ads with no lock on them. Also right now on S&W chat site there is a thread that they are releaseing a version of the 37 with a bobbed hammer DA only without the lock. I think they are doing them in .38 special but not the .357s griff.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I'm not real fond of all the "commenerative" stuff. Nice pistol without all that on it. I would not be tempted in the least to own one, even considering the landmark decision. Just not my cup of tea
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Here is my old version of that gun that I pack occasionly. Also have the original high horn grips stashed.

Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

I'm waiting for the Heller II to be released. It will be a high capacity, clip fed, semi-automatic. :twisted:
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Gary wrote:I'm waiting for the Heller II to be released. It will be a high capacity, clip fed, semi-automatic. :twisted:
Exactly! The first should have been a semi-auto ... seeing as Heller was recently denied his semi-auto registration.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
Gary wrote:I'm waiting for the Heller II to be released. It will be a high capacity, clip fed, semi-automatic. :twisted:
Exactly! The first should have been a semi-auto ... seeing as Heller was recently denied his semi-auto registration.
Agreed. But since they need to protect themselves and semis are illegal machine guns........
Kind regards,
Tycer
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Tycer wrote:
Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
Agreed. But since they need to protect themselves and semis are illegal machine guns........
Isn't it bizarre that a municipality gets to override the federal definition of a machine gun ... just amazing.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:Isn't it bizarre that a municipality gets to override the federal definition of a machine gun ... just amazing.
They only "think" they can... :lol:

The "D.C. Dolts" are headed for yet another "spanking" in court. :mrgreen: I'm hoping that SCOTUS is "peeved" that their decision is being questioned / ignored by these idiots and hope they are FORMALLY put in their place (maybe a little jail-time).
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I like it!
NRA Life Member
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Slick wrote:
Rimfire McNutjob wrote:Isn't it bizarre that a municipality gets to override the federal definition of a machine gun ... just amazing.
They only "think" they can... :lol:

The "D.C. Dolts" are headed for yet another "spanking" in court. :mrgreen: I'm hoping that SCOTUS is "peeved" that their decision is being questioned / ignored by these idiots and hope they are FORMALLY put in their place (maybe a little jail-time).
It is amazing. Hopefully the voters will see the gross waste of their tax dollars and fix the problem.
Kind regards,
Tycer
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Great post Tom!!! :D
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

For that price, I would buy one if they don't have the lock. I won't buy one with a lock, period. Nor will I pay double for an inferior 'new' gun when I can easily find a better gun much cheaper, is why even if they did get rid of the lock I still wouldn't be paying $700 and up for a new revolver.
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

I began the conversation with Smith & Wesson, and they immediately said yes. They didn't even know what they were committing to, but they liked the idea.
They are probably happy to shake off the reputation of the last time they danced with government:

Smith & Wesson Must Die
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I like it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Wonder how I missed this particular show. I generally listen to him on XM radio.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!