OT - Much too close for comfort...(UPDATE)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Much too close for comfort...(UPDATE)

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, I've been on blood pressure medication for a week and a half now, and I sure did need it today. I took an early lunch to meet up with one of my peers, and his wife, at a local range. She wants to get a handgun for self-defense (I'll post on this separately). Had a teleconference at noon, so was on the phone when I pulled into my driveway at 12:30pm.
I raced inside to join the meeting via a land-line and on the computer, bringing in my range bag. Nothing unusual outside - my neighborhood is typically pretty quiet during the workday as many of the homes hold dual-income families.

I got a call on my cell phone from the dealership that my car was ready to be picked up (it was being serviced and I had driven my wife's car to the range). I asked my wife if she could drive me to pick it up - it's just a bit over a mile a way, but with the heat (it was 90 degrees), I did not feel like walking it in the middle of the day. We told the kids to stay in the basement and not answer the door, and that we'd be back in a minute.

I walked out the front door to be greeted by one marked county sheriff's car, two unmarked cars, and one van marked "Forensics" at my next-door neighbor's house! Walked over immediately to find out from the deputy that they had been burglarized. Then my neighbor came out, and corrected the deputy - it was a home invasion!

My neighbor is from Norway originally. They just got back from vacation a couple days ago after a week at the beach. His brother was visiting, so they decided to take him out to see the local area. They left their 12-year old and 8-year old sons at home.

Around 12:45pm - just 15 minutes after I got home - a car pulled up in front of the house. Someone called them asking for "Mark" - the oldest said they had the wrong number. A minute later a man rang the door bell repeatedly - about 6 times. The boys did not answer. The man went around to the back - they have a walk-out basement just like I do. The oldest called his father, who told him to go to the deck (above the basement level) and open and slam the door several times. Needless to say my neighbor started racing home immediately. His oldest son then called back to say the guy was trying to kick the basement door in. He told him to call "911", and he did as well. He's were it gets irritating - apparently 911 was answered by a operator in the neighboring country and state (we live less than 2 miles from the border), who told my neighbor he'd have to call the local police. He did, only to be informed that we live outside of the city, and he'd have to call the sheriff's office. No one offered to transfer him to the correct number! :evil: My neighbor was going nuts - driving 85-90 mph to get home. Meanwhile, the intruder managed to kick in the door and enter, and grabbed both kids, forcing them to go through the house and point out the valuables before he threw them in a bedroom.

We didn't hear a thing - living in an all-brick home is very quiet. I feel so bad for those kids - they are in shock - and darn lucky they were not hurt or worse. I just wish that scumbag had been trying to kick in the door 15 minutes earlier when I got home, as I would have heard it, and having just come from the range, was very well prepared to handle it!

The sheriff thinks this is the same person who has been burglarizing cars and homes throughout the area. Last week a couple neighborhoods down he struck while a young lady was home, and locked her in a pantry. He doesn't appear to be afraid of people being home, and is getting more brazen.

My wife and kids are freaked out. I will be replacing the front doors, which I never liked, as they have large glass panels. Going to replace my basement door as well with a solid one (no windows), as well as the interior door leading down to the basement with a metal one with a deadbolt. That's all going to cost several thousand, but I just won't feel safe traveling again until we beef up security a bit - and travel I must for my job. :(

I don't live in what I would call, by any stretch of the imagination, a "high crime neighborhood". Can't believe how bad things are getting… When I grew up we never locked the door - would even forget to do so when we went on vacation. I mourn the loss of those days - and the virtual prison my kids live in compared to what I enjoyed when I grew up...
Last edited by Ysabel Kid on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Much too close for comfort...

Post by kimwcook »

Much too close is right. Glad the kids didn't get hurt. Can't help the shock, bad things happen to good people.

Guy's like that are real dangerous. They start targeting the good middle to high end homes knowing they have something of value. Their old stomping grounds aren't even worth the trouble to them. They get so brazen or desperate they don't care if someone's home or not.

Again I'm glad the kids didn't get hurt. And, too bad you didn't come home a little earlier.
Old Law Dawg
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

A horrible incident but glad to hear the kids weren't harmed. Hopefully he'll be tracked down and incarcerated soon.

Sounds like something needs to be done about the 911 situation for sure. That is not a good situation.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Hi Kid:

That dirt bag needs an injection of lead -- at high speed!!!

Geez, that's too bad to hear, but glad the kids didn't end up any worse off...

One tip about that deadbolt, having worked in security hardware and as a 3rd-generation locksmith, the wood frame is the weakest part of the door/lock system. They sell a high-security hardened-steel plate that goes behind the fancy brass plate that attaches with 4" screws -- through the thin pine into a solid stud. Consumer Reports did a report years ago where they attempted to defeat various deadbolts with one tool -- and most of the time, the doors or frames failed before the locks did... The tool? A 220 pound guy with hunting boots on.

Also check to make sure that no exterior doors open out -- or the hinge pins are on the outside -- "oops". If so, you can screw a 3/8 inch hardened lag bolt into the hinge side of the door (centered, 3 or 4 per door), cut off the heads, then drill holes where they will enter the frame when the door is closed. These will act as deadbolts (truly dead -- not retractable), but secure that side of the door even if the hinge pins are pulled.

A bar on cellar windows isn't a bad idea... Or motion-lights outside too...

Remember this, if they really WANT to get in, they WILL get in. Just make it so danged difficult and/or noisy for them to do so, that they go elsewhere...

Hope you and the neighbors make out OK, and that the guy meets up with Detective Harry Callahan--we need more guys (and "justice") like him around!

Good luck!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, it must have been that punks lucky day not bumping into you after your range trip!

Glad to hear the kids were not physically harmed, however the 911 system and the folks that run it need a serious review before another emergency call for help is delayed by incompetence! :evil:

Just a thought on upgrading your security, make sure you and yours can STILL get out QUICKLY if there's a fire. Practice emergency procedures so even your little girl knows what to do.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Much too close for comfort...IS A UNDERSTATEMENT
Glad to hear everyone is okay...
Time to start a neighbohood watch....and question
anyone in the area that does not belong there...
You might want to request the sheriff make frequent
drive buys in your neighborhood at least for a while....
and carry ALL the time.
and teach your kids what to do.....
God forbid this should happen to your family!
You might want to get a big dog too... BE SAFE!

We live out in the country...far from downtown
and 4 guys on our culdesac carry...
2 cops...me and another hunter....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Glad no one was hurt.
It can make you crazy that you were that close and didn't know you were needed.

Like Game Keeper said; Don't make it so that you can't get out. We've done a couple fire jobs that someone hasn't gotten out because of non-removeable bars on windows and one dead bolt that was keyed on both sides. I don't know why those things are even legal. Had an elderly lady that was locked in during a fire and apparently couldn't find or get to her key to unlock the door to get out.

It does seem like it's getting worse or that these @#%%^#$'s are just getting that much more brazen.
I have a rental property that's been hit twice in a month. First they got in and took just about everything ( including the ENTIRE kitchen even the flooring!). Either the same guys or new ones came back in the last few days and got the rest of the copper plumbing!
I'm going to hang a sign on the house that all new plumbing is going to be plastic!
Just once would I like to catch these guys! :evil:
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Thank God they are safe. My wife thinks I am paranoid but maybe I dont worry enough. Someone needs to introduce that scum bag to JUSTICE the American way. All this home invasion stuff is for England and Australia where good folks arent armed.
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

WOW JAY, I am so sorry to hear about that. Blessings that the kids were not physically hurt. It is a great wake up call to all of us. Things are not as they were when we grew up and we should all take a look at our home security. My Dane and Beagle are first line of defense. I have glass panneled french doors off my kitchen that would be very easy to break through using anything found on my patio. I hope the dogs do their job. Scary story. Thanks for sharing. I will have to look into some changes also.

mike
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

It's been getting wild here in the Wichita area too. I'm afraid we're all in for a rash of this stuff. Economy down, gas prices out of control, officially in a recession, layoffs will be starting soon too because companies can't afford the increased overhead costs and lack of discretionary income with the consumer. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you haven't realized what's headed our way economically and the crime repercussions generated from that, you better start preparing now. Just wait, if GM does go into bankruptcy people don't have a clue as to the major major economic repercussions of that scenario...Enron and Worldcom will seem like a joke. Dog food may be high, but a decent sized dog...medium or larger is the #1 deterrent.

Ed
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

You need to ask the neighbor file a formal complaint on the people from 911 until they get the system corrected. Your tax dollars that built the system entitle you to make them correct the computer until when you use it connects to the correct agency and do not settle for less. A letter to the editor may help to advise everyone in the area of the problem until it is corrected.
I am glad no one was hurt, even though the impact of the fear of a recurrence is hard on people.
The information on the door jams and other security up grades are great. I was a State Trooper for 25 years having checked too many crime scenes and the information was spot on.
Good Luck and I am truly sorry some one from my old profession did not prevent it.
It is not the critic who counts
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Glad the kids made it out shaken but OK. I think your spot on in making your security improvements. A home security system would probably give more peace of mind as well, as you'll probably need it. That is a total breakdown in the 911 system and yet another example of why we can't count on law enforcement to protect us....must do it ourselves.

PS: I think alot of this stuff reflects the increased in the use of Meth. They will do anything to get it.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Paladin wrote: Good Luck and I am truly sorry some one from my old profession did not prevent it.
I don't think my neighbor blames anyone from law enforcement, though he is upset with the 911 operators. I certainly don't blame LEO's. The "thin blue line" is just that - very thin! Unfortunately the reality is that there are simply not enough police officers to have one sit in every neighborhood waiting for a crime to be committed. It is wonderful when they do get to prevent crime (I know that is the best feeling for any LEO), but they are often called in to "mop up" after a crime has already been committed and hopefully obtain enough clues and evidence to prevent the next one and help prosecute the criminal responsible. It is the trade-off in a free society - we don't live in a police state, so those with bad intentions have more lattitude to do their evil deeds.
MistWolf
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MistWolf »

Yikes, that's a crazy story! Know how long it's been since I've locked up my house? Since I left L.A. There you locked up your house to keep people from taking things out. Last place I lived, you locked up to keep folks from putting things in.

"Hey Martha, what are we going to do with all this zuccini from our garden? Sure hate to see it go to waste."
"Bag them up with the tomatoes, Henry. Take a few over to the Palmers and leave them on the dining room table. It'll be a nice surprise for them when they get back from church"
I am American
Steve Collins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steve Collins »

Helluva story, brother. Glad the kids are ok, things could have gotten much worse!

Along with the security improvements, is there any way ya'll can institute any kind of neighborhood watch program? After a rash of car break-ins, we formed one in our neighborhood, and got the local police to attend the meetings. We've got enough stay at home folks to make it work (mostly wives) and they all have gotten to know each other. Just another option for you to look at.
Draw quickly, shoot accurately!
S&L Training
www.sandltraining.com

NRA Life Member
Levant

Post by Levant »

Have you offered to take your neighbor with you on your next range trip? He needs to learn about and get a few firearms. Then he needs to take his kids to the range and teach them to shoot. It sounds like there was plenty of time for those kids to have armed themselves and be prepared to defend themselves before the bad guy got into the house.

They were lucky that they lived through it and no one wants a kid to have to live with having killed someone who wasn't going to kill them but they may not be so lucky the next time. Or the next kid may not be so lucky on their first time with this bad guy.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Glad to hear nobody was harmed. I've posted about my recent (and seemingly more frequent) close calls in a "crime-free" neighborhood. It can happen to anyone.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

GLAD EVERYONE IS O.K.Get a dog, big one (now) or going to grow up big. I think this sort of thing may reflect the epidemic of fetal alcohol syndrome people. when I was young 50 years ago, women,much less pregnant women did not drink heavily if it all, and definitely not while pregnent. We now have one or two generations of people injured inthe womb by alcohol and/or drugs. These people frequently have altered brain function (no conscience,or insight into moral behavior and responsibilty) This is a hardwire problem, not an environmental problem (better parenting won't fix it). I am not a moral crusader type, tend toward Golden rule and mind my own business, so these observations are not of a judgmental nature, but rather reflect what I have read, heard in training and observed. The situation scares the heck out of me,because to put it bluntly , this developmental insult leads to feral humans. A small % of the species is just wrong in the head and evil(the Billy the KIds,Bundy, etc characters),these others I think just can't comprehend right from wrong and grasp the impact of their actions on others and this wiring problem can't be fixed to my knowledge.Just my thoughts, but check your doors,kep adog and keep on "clinging" :)
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

Having a dog is a good idea. Someone tried to abduct my niece from her front yard, but the family dog (a big lab) came to the rescue.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

kirkwood wrote:Having a dog is a good idea. Someone tried to abduct my niece from her front yard, but the family dog (a big lab) came to the rescue.
What scares me most is that this is the kind of society we've become, and the vast majority of people seem to accept it! I can't let my kids play in the front yard unsupervised for fear of this very stuff - and that is living in a "good neighborhood". I just say plug them all - first offense - and start thinning the herd of these degenerates. I'm sick and tired of a legal system that coddles these predators - and a society that makes endless excuses for them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry guys - I'm still just so mad about this I can spit. Thank you for all the great suggestions and the thoughts and prayers. I'm just trying to figure out what we are going to do as a society - larger issue - to stop this. It has gone on for much too long, and too many innocent lives have been - and are being - shattered.:(
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

That is too close for comfort! I'm glad everybody is physically okay, but
it may take a while to get over their fear.

(Good thing you had your blood pressure under control, eh?! :-))

Great ideas on security, especially the dog.

Even if they catch the guy, and he's committed a coupla dozen
other robberies, they'll let him plead it down and he'll be out in
a few years at the most - probably much less. (You've got to
keep room in the prisons for those folks who deal pot, ya know.)

A hundred and fifty years ago in this nation, they'd have hunted
the varmint down and stretched his neck when they caught him.
Some things WERE better in the olden days...........
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Old No7 wrote:One tip about that deadbolt, having worked in security hardware and as a 3rd-generation locksmith, the wood frame is the weakest part of the door/lock system. They sell a high-security hardened-steel plate that goes behind the fancy brass plate that attaches with 4" screws -- through the thin pine into a solid stud. Consumer Reports did a report years ago where they attempted to defeat various deadbolts with one tool -- and most of the time, the doors or frames failed before the locks did... The tool? A 220 pound guy with hunting boots on.

Also check to make sure that no exterior doors open out -- or the hinge pins are on the outside -- "oops". If so, you can screw a 3/8 inch hardened lag bolt into the hinge side of the door (centered, 3 or 4 per door), cut off the heads, then drill holes where they will enter the frame when the door is closed. These will act as deadbolts (truly dead -- not retractable), but secure that side of the door even if the hinge pins are pulled.

A bar on cellar windows isn't a bad idea... Or motion-lights outside too...
Excellent suggestions!

At very least, a quick way to beef-up door strength is to replace all of the woodscrews in the hinges and lock plate with 4-inch grabbers. Also it's a good idea to add an additional deabolt about 14 - 16 inces below the normal one. It may be a bit more hassle to enter your home having two locks - but the added strength will help and may even cause the theives to look elsewhere.
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

He told him to call "911", and he did as well. He's were it gets irritating - apparently 911 was answered by a operator in the neighboring country and state (we live less than 2 miles from the border), who told my neighbor he'd have to call the local police. He did, only to be informed that we live outside of the city, and he'd have to call the sheriff's office. No one offered to transfer him to the correct number!
Your tax dollars at work. I heard that was par for the course when the call comes from a poor neighborhood, but it seems to be affecting everyone now. Well, we are responsible for protecting our families, not some guy getting a government check.

We heard of a home invasion about a mile away from us. This was 15 miles outside the city, in an area with nice homes on 10 acre lots.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

A 'dog perimeter' is a good idea - sort of an unpredictable outside motion detector with teeth. Then motion detecting lights (probably don't scare anyone away too often, but make them easier to hit, er I mean, see).

Then heavy doors and entry-proof windows. Quick detatch bars are available for windows. Remember the second floor is vulnerable, and even the roof, depending on their aggressiveness.

Lastly, all the above may only delay determined or drugged-up weirdos, so the last line of defense is every family member getting quick access to an appropriate firearm, dialing 911, then knowing how to shoot, and when to shoot, and when NOT to shoot. With girls the tendency seems that they are more careful under stress and just need to make sure they know how to use a potent gun well. With boys, they usually already like the gun-using part and that type of gun, but you don't want them feeling that some bump in the night is an excuse to go on a shooting-free-for-all.

Just remember....

"When 911 isn't fast enough - try 1911"
(...and it's not long distance! :o )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
Unbelievable---What a story! Lets just pretend that things did not go as well and there were some serious or fatal injuries. The perps might have been caught but big deal, it don't make things better for the victims.
There's only thing that deters bad guys-----death. Yea, the solid doors, deadbolts etc. are great but I believe I have the best deterent. My house sits in the middle of 4 acres. All around the house, (about an acres worth) with the exception of one small area that I will not disclose, has a runway and yard for my 15 Yorkshire terriers. (The same can be done with two or three big dogs.) Signs are posted---"YOU LOOT--WE SHOOT". Even my very small circle of friends have to call before they come over.--Just the way I like it.

Its sad, but that is todays society---God Bless our Supreme Court
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Glad to hear the kids were at least not physically harmed! Who knows how long it will be before they are once again emotionally stable to be left alone at home. I live in a small town and thankfully we dont have much crime, however, this makes you question how much we really take for granted. Thank God the criminals were satified with only taking monitary items, it could have turned out a whole lot worse than it did! This is a great opportunity for us to learn from others mistakes.

911 takes only seconds to call, but may take the rest of your life for help to arrive!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

again, thanks to the Good Lord the kids met no harm.

the dog perimeter is a good idea...our 125 lb rottweiller is our first line of defense; if they get by the dog, then they gotta get by the Colt...

i've been robbed at gunpoint ONCE in my life time...i REFUSE to be victimized again! i'm willing to be tried by 12 before being carried by 6...

in all due respect for the "law" and LEO, they cannot be everywhere at any given time. you have to be willing to take up for yourself and face what may come...if that entails serving up defense from the business end of a 1911; be it so...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Wow. This can happen just about anywhere given the state of our "criminal so called justice" system.

Like all have said, thank God that the kids are OK and unharmed - at least physically. Too bad this jerk is still on the loose and causing problems.

I think if this had happened to me (I have three kids) when they were that age, the bad guy would have caught a bullet.

I've taught my kids from a young age about shooting and took them frequently. They understood that guns are tools and not to be played with and only handled when with mom or dad.

My oldest son (middle child) for sure would have shot the guy - he was a crack shot in cowboy action at 8 years old... his little brother followed suit as well - he's 3 years younger though.

Its not an issue any more for us as my youngest is 14 now.

Does make me think about firearm placement in my house though - might need to add a second location - we just did a refurb/remodel...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Like the picture said:

"Old enough to home alone, Old enough to be Armed."

If they won't burn the place down, they won't shoot the place up.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

That story makes my blood run cold. I have kids the same age.

I'm glad all is well - I hope the kids will be OK.

Thanks for sharing the story -- I'm hoping it will get my wife strait on why I don't like leaving our kids home alone.

Chad
footlong
Levergunner

Post by footlong »

Had that been my daughter at 12 the guy would have DEAD. There has ALWAYS been a loaded revolver within easy
reach in my house. The family knows how to use it too. The whole family.
Were that my neighbor I might suggest the family learn to shoot a firearm and have one available for emergencies.
Our home was robbed when I was a kid by a ''friend''. The police were not involved and to make a long story short
the daddy took care of the kid himself. He beat him real good and sent him off to military school for a semister. I
have never forgotten the way I felt coming home and remembering how our home had been violated.
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT - Much too close for comfort...(UPDATE)

Post by Ysabel Kid »

UPDATE (07/12/2008)

They caught the bastard! (can I say that here?)

Around 2:00pm yesterday the low-life scum-bucket attempted to burglarize another home, in a neighborhood about 2 miles south of me. The homeowner had gone to the store to run a quick errand. He came back to find a car parked outside his home. He thought it might be one of his son's friends, until he came into the garage and found one of his TV's sitting there. He went inside, and the burglar ran out through another door. BTW, the home-owner was an ex-professional football player! He gave chase, and managed to give the getaway car a good kick (denting the door nicely) as the perp drove off. He also managed to get the license plate number. The Sheriff's office arrested the thug later that evening, and during a search of his residence found a lot of stolen goods, including some from my neighbor. They booked SEAN DERON WELLS this morning on three counts (1st degree burglary, 2nd degree violent burglary, and grand larceny of $5,000 of more in value). His picture is on the York County Sheriff's Department detention website at http://as400.yorkcountygov.com/sheriff/eframe.htm.

Personally, I'm all for gathering up a lynch mob and storming the jail - and I know my neighbor wouldn't mind! We'll let the law work this out though. I will be calling my state representative (who I talked to Friday) to ask him to ask the DA to throw the book at his waste of human flesh, and not to plea down any of the charges. They have him cold!!!
CindyLea
Levergunner

Post by CindyLea »

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!

I for one am glad to hear they caught him!!!!!!

I hope he gets everything that is coming to him.

My prayers for the children envolved. May the fact that the guy was caught give them a bit more sense of security. I hope they know this guy wont be just loose in their neighborhood anymore.

CindyLea
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Very good.

Too bad they don't have some firearms charges to tack on. That would increase jail time nicely.
NRA Life Member
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Glad they caught the ***
did you check out some of the other perps...
what a bunch of scum bags....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad to hear the good news. Well done one and all! :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote:All around the house, (about an acres worth) with the exception of one small area that I will not disclose, has a runway and yard for my 15 Yorkshire terriers.
:shock: - lookout, there's a dog...!
+ :shock: :shock: - over there; two more...!
+ :shock: :shock: :shock: - watch out, behind you...!
+ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: - help...!
+ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: - aaaaahhhhh...!

I thought there was some kind of arsenal law that limited how many of them things you could own...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Kid - I've just gotten back to the forum after being swamped by work for over a month. I'm so glad that you've posted this update. I agree that the DA needs to be harangued by you all into remembering that this p.o.s. violated a home with children inside. That IS a big deal.

Very glad to read this update.
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Glad they caught the ***
did you check out some of the other perps...
what a bunch of scum bags....
Yes I did! :(

I was not aware that this website even existed prior to my neighbor telling me about it yesterday. York is a fair size county in SC and includes a lot of towns, plus the 4th-largest city in SC (Rock Hill). Not large by northeast or CA standards of course, but between that and bordering Charlotte (NC) we do have more than our fair share of crime. I moved here specifically to get away from some of that, but it looks like, at least now, no place is 100% safe...
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Too bad it wasn't 150 years ago - he never would have made it to jail.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

stretch wrote:Too bad it wasn't 150 years ago - he never would have made it to jail.
Agreed! :twisted:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

TedH wrote:Very good.

Too bad they don't have some firearms charges to tack on. That would increase jail time nicely.
Um.... NO. That is using an anti-gun talking point. Having a gun in hand would have made squat all difference... and saying it would only gives Sarah Brady more ammo.
and grabbed both kids, forcing them to go through the house and point out the valuables before he threw them in a bedroom.
That is KIDNAPPING - a FEDERAL OFFENSE. No evil scary gun required.

Maybe y'all can find out why he hasn't been charged with it?
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!