30-30 bullet performance

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 30-30 bullet performance

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, thought I'd post a pic of my swede sporter to offset all of that stainless steel and plastic ;)

The loads that I've loaded to test would normally give 2800 fps + but the short tube takes it down a notch. Kinda like the model 7 that way.

Oh, and that's a 'cheap' Simmons master series 3x9 on her. Believe it or not, its a great scope. It's light too. Best $100 I ever spent.

I've got a Timney trigger on the way to install in it - that was the only real "problem" left with this project - the trigger is kinda heavy. But not for long....
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Old Savage wrote:No idea they made them in 264.
I see you are testing some of that LeveRevolution.
The 264 WIN MAG and the other one I had just like it were a one year limited run for Accu Sport . The guy I got this one from bought it from the same store I got my other one from . I traded mine off and ever since wanted it back , and this guy had about five rifles in 264 so I traded him my 460 S&W MAG revolver for the rifle as you see it and some brass .

The Leverevolution ammo is laying there for hunting season , whatever was there , there was a rifle around the corner ready to go ! Also some stuff for rifled shotguns .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Well, thought I'd post a pic of my swede sporter to offset all of that stainless steel and plastic ;)

The loads that I've loaded to test would normally give 2800 fps + but the short tube takes it down a notch. Kinda like the model 7 that way.

Oh, and that's a 'cheap' Simmons master series 3x9 on her. Believe it or not, its a great scope. It's light too. Best $100 I ever spent.

I've got a Timney trigger on the way to install in it - that was the only real "problem" left with this project - the trigger is kinda heavy. But not for long....
Nice I have often wished I had purchased one of the 96 Mausers that Kimber redid ! There is a guy around here that has one of the 700 Classics in 6.5x55 and it's a keeper ! His brother also has one of the Kimber 96's and it shoots well also !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !