good sign

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

good sign

Post by dr walker »

I took my family to the zoo. I saw this sign. I have never seen a pro-hunting sign at a zoo before, it is a refreshing change. Thank you SCI.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: good sign

Post by CowboyTutt »

Doc, that is a most encouraging sign indeed! Thanks for posting that. And, in Florida of all places.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

Ill bet that is David Tetzlaffs place in Naples. He is a very good person and also very active in the hunting and shooting community, serving on many boards.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

Cowboy Tutt, When I moved here I was surprised how pro gun the state ( Florida) was..

It leads the nation in some gun legislation. They were early in making it a "right to issue ccw" state, Also The castle doctrine , and right to defend,; I' believe' was a first for any state.
( You have a right to defend your Home& your life )

When you get off the beachs and out of Dizzy land, It's a different world.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That is really encouraging!!! :D
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yes David is a great guy. When I grew up in Ft.Myers the place in Naples was known as Jungle Larry's. Then to change with the times it became Caribbean Gardens. Now it's just called the Naples Zoo. I first met Davis when I was a member of the Traditional Bowhunters of Florida and he was the president. He came over to me one day at a shoot and introduced himself and he told me who he was and what he did. I asked him is that the place that used to be Jungle Larry's and he really perked up. he said yes it sure is, Jungle Larry is my dad. He told me that for a while they were having 3-D shoots there at the Naples Zoo right on the grounds but interest just kind of dropped off.
If anyone is ever in Naples that is one great place to go and you'll help support a fellow outdoorsman.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Yep, that's the place, Naples Zoo. Really a great place.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's a cool thing to see. Too bad most people can't see hunting for what it is.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"