Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Doc....I LOVE working the Earth....anything associated with it.......I'm pretty much a loner by nature anyway and I get a serious "woodie" by doing what Thoreau always advocated...simplify and with nature......if anyone tried to pull something on me with what I'm doing......(no one can see me anyway) I'd give them the Kubota treatment.....

Two years ago when we had the tornado I lost 11 large trees and I had a huge bonfire on the front yard, just saving the main part of the trees and burning everything else......liberals were calling the fire dept. on me and these fire dept.guys know me and said they have to come out on a call and will fix the reports so everyone is happy.... :D ....well, one day this college professor was in a Prius parked on the two lane road videoing me and by then I had enough......I raised the loader of the Kubota about windshield high and took off after him.....when I got about 10' away.....and he knew I was coming......he put his electric weasel car in gear and flew off. Never heard nothing about it.

I do what I want here and no one says anything.....the township supervisor is a friendly acquaintance of mine and he tells his guys, "that guy on 396 G.M. Road, he's a good republican so leave him alone as you might not like the results if you bother him for no reason."-----006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:21 pm
You been here , so you know how hospitable and honest good ole boys we got here.
You can trust me.......really. :D

Yeah. I just don't get the riots. What does everyone just stand there and watch for?
I mean, someone tries to burn my house or endanger my family............
Well, let's just say old Jay has another side people don't want to see. Including myself.

You guys talking about the old SNL got me thinking back on it too. Now THAT was funny. Lots of stuff back years ago. Think about the old days a lot.
Jay,
On your middle paragraph......."has another side"......you bet bro.....you and I are fun loving people but don't those animals dare tread on our sweat........

Those "good ole days" were not that long ago....THATS SCAREY.......

It will be MORE SCAREY for them if they poke the coals because you and I have surprises for them.---6..o....ze..bro

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...you won bro....your on a roll!!!!!!

Tell you what, drive down to JOG's house and take his 33 Winchester...tell him I said it's OK for you to take it.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:23 pm Let's not forget Dr. Old Savage.......he has given me plenty of info on what to do to keep my ear tubes clear and draining.....

YOUR beat??!! this 66.8 year old Teamster has been in the swamp hoeing, digging, and cutting roots all day...non stop....I had to get this one ditch done at least 8" deep and free flowing.......then each day or two I'll go out with the hoe and pull up the little "waterfalls" and restrictions..........bottom line ....I need to get it about 18" deep to change the underground water table.

I'm pulling up centuries of muck......my hoe attachment invention works better than anything you can buy...mom told me to patent it.....for real, I figure it would be about a $7.95 cost and a million of them would be sold overnight but I don't know to do such things nor can I afford to chance my savings. ----006
Six you MISSED the sarcasm...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:19 am Jay...you won bro....your on a roll!!!!!!

Tell you what, drive down to JOG's house and take his 33 Winchester...tell him I said it's OK for you to take it.
Oh yeah! Thanks buddy. I always wanted one.
Oh. And you already lhave the cash for the loads so just send them to me when they are done. You got my address. :D
Thanks again guys! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
It's time to start grooming Gunny......you know what for........Gunny likes quality and Gunny has plenty of loot.......but Gunny does not have enough antique Winchesters.....he likes those fancy shotguns.......

So I was thinking, let's start grooming Gunny to have that desire and then we can separate Gunny from his loot. :D

Well....back to reality......what to do....mmmm.......think I'll move a large pile of top soil so I don't have to look at it ....kinda like an eye sore...then pop the loader off the mighty Kubota.......by then Gunny will have his mind made up on what kind of an antique Winchester he wants...how about a very nice 1886 in 45-70.....extra lightweight with a nickel steel barrel?....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I tied up the loose ends left on the Harley. Took her off the jack. Went to the dump. I took dad's old 3/4 ton Dodge to run it some. That's an awesome truck. Only 74k on it and it's 23 years old. Got the battery back in the old John Deere and fired her up. No issues there.
Gonna take a ride up to lot this afternoon and scope it out. If it's dried up enough, I got lots of work up there.

Have to do some measuring on the Jeep too.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW is right, partying it up big time with that wild and crazy Mainiac crowd.

They sure know how to tee off on a good time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:39 pm OW is right, partying it up big time with that wild and crazy Mainiac crowd.

They sure know how to tee off on a good time.
Yup! My man OS knows how we roll. :D

Like Jimmy Hendrix would say.......He's EXPERIENCED :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nope I don't have a lot of loot. Nor do I have a Winchester collection. However if you guys would like to donate a few, a 92( or a 76 ) in 38WCF, a 38/55 , and JOG's 33 would be a good start!

Gee thanks Parker! She just puked on the hallway rug.

Lately I've been hankering for a #1 in 300 H&H...
Last edited by GunnyMack on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay....it's a good feeling when our motorized tools and vehicles are running properly.

Fred....that's a "maniac" group? Everyone looks civilized and proper to me. YOU look a little loose......I've been to parties where I got a bit weirded out and needed to sneak out of there.....people taking their clothes off, black lights with mirrors all over with things on the mirrors......bad people...I mean bad.....one time everyone was wasted totally and the guy hosting the party told everyone to leave and when some people didn't, he got a shotgun and started shooting his own house up....sure sobered everyone up and gone they were.....---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Jay- do the radio stations up there still play Second week of deer camp during deer season? I remember it was played A LOT back in the late 80's.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:27 pm Hey Jay- do the radio stations up there still play Second week of deer camp during deer season? I remember it was played A LOT back in the late 80's.
Haha yeah they do! I've lived that song a few times. Long time ago, though.

Sixgun wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:14 pm Yea Jay....it's a good feeling when our motorized tools and vehicles are running properly.

Fred....that's a "maniac" group? Everyone looks civilized and proper to me. YOU look a little loose......I've been to parties where I got a bit weirded out and needed to sneak out of there.....people taking their clothes off, black lights with mirrors all over with things on the mirrors......bad people...I mean bad.....one time everyone was wasted totally and the guy hosting the party told everyone to leave and when some people didn't, he got a shotgun and started shooting his own house up....sure sobered everyone up and gone they were.....---6
I hear you! Couple times I been in some kinda skanky spots. Usually it was in some camp back in the woods a ways.
I learned long ago when we rolled to those spots.
1. Get there later. First you're sober and have an advantage. Second, you don't get blocked in and can get away.
2. Take whoever's vehicle is most dependable.
3. Have a gun.
4. Never go alone.

OldWin's wisdom for today.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! That's great and my thinking also.....especially, "don't get blocked in"....I also make it a priority to "hide my "S". ....and keep yo hoe CLOSE.....always someone getting drunk and they think they can put the moves on when your back is turned.....

I was at a party one time...maybe 15-20 people...BAD people...house full of Pagans......full dresser Harley right in the living room....you look at someone in a way they think your being rude.......NO warning...BAMMMMM, your knocked out. They were all smoking near pure Pagan dust.....around here the Pagans had the monopoly on Angel dust and when they smoked it it made them weirder than what they are normally......whew! Even the girls are whacky.......

I tell ya Jay....the guy who brought me there was a trusted "trustee" and it wasn't easy getting out of there....no matter what excuse you have they will scrutinize you thinking your going to be a rat.....never again....

I have 33 Winchesters to form out and load for JOG---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. I never went to those places with girl. Never.

Haha reminds me....
A bud at work is a patch and he was in a bad wreck 2 summers ago. Got T-boned and that's always bad on a bike. The worst.
Anyway, they had a benefit supper and some raffles for him so the wife and I went.
Of course, I KNEW what it was going to be. The wife didn't and as soon as we walked in I felt her grip squeeze tight on my arm. Haha little did I know it was the WOMEN she was scared of. Me Too! Haha.
It was a great time with awesome barbecue. Even a few different clubs all there and everyone behaved. Only the kids and wannabes want trouble. Guys with real sack got nothing to prove.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Only been around a few of them. Be polite and shut up and it is not been any trouble.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I put this on the 33 Winchester thread. JOG is gonna be blasting away in a week or so.........

I don't know if you guys remember when regular guys would wear Demi. Jackets with the American flag on the back......I did and in the middle of the flag I had the number "13" in the middle...it stands for the 13th letter which is "m" for marijuana. Seems the Pagans claimed that number and one saw me with it....comes up to my 140 lbs skinny butt and says,"give me your jacket". I gave i to him and he pulls out a switchblade and cuts the flag off and he told me the next time he sees me with "13" on he was gonna cut it out while I was wearing it, skin and all.

These guys are bad......one lived down the street from me here...owned a transmission shop...cool dude but a serious drug problem .....a few years back he dropped dead from an OD of H.......

I've always wanted to ask one, "hey one percenter, what's the difference between a guy on a Harley and a vacuum cleaner?"

"With a vacuum cleaner, the dirtbag is on the inside".----6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That would probably get ya shot, stabbed or beat to a pulp!

Around here was never a biker problem. Yeah sure they are in the area but not an issue. However the klan was ! Mid 80s through the late 90s about once a month post cards were in the mail from the klan. The cards were announcing meetings, membership drives. They would even go door to door. There was even I well know guy that had a gunshop, he had everything at his house/shop including his uniform, photographs and other incriminating evidence- all found after he passed away. Ya never would have known he was a grand wizard ( or whatever they go by) .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The Klan? No way!
I think they only had 1 march ever up here. Way back. They never gained any traction here cause there aren't any black people. Either that or their sheets would blend in with the snow and nobody would see em anyway. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Former Hell's Angel I golf with was about to get sideways at the golf course with some other guy who got funny over something, likely alcohol and current events somewhere else involved, two Hispanic fellows. I said to him, you know nobody ever wins in this stuff.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My experience with thes guys is that they are low lifes and just like any organization, a few smart guys at the top who use the rest of them for their dirty work.....mafia, bikers, democrats, BLM, antifa, UNCF, Al Sharpton & Jesse, professional sports-except hockey & skiing, MS-13, klan.... all the same....

Except the NRA & GOA.

I posted this elsewhere.....the "1886 33 Winchester" thread is turning into another "long thread".....I can only handle one of these. :D ----6

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

How do you spell violence? M O S T L Y P E A C E F U L.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Went up to the lot today. Have a pile of work to do up there. We have a clearing down by the stream I want to expand and seed down with clover. Gonna plant some apple trees too. Started working down there. Got some downed trees cut up and brush sawed a fair amount. Expanded the little clearing quite a bit. Got to get a chipper up there now.
Still a little soft to run the Jeeps down the road without sinking them. Another couple weeks maybe. Then I have to get down there and winch some trees out.
Still have to cut open my trails too.
Went down and snapped a couple pics of our stream. Looks some good for brookies! But instead of throwing a canoe in I was running a chainsaw and brush saw.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh man...what a beautiful place to pitch a wall tent for a few days......all by yourself......total solitude......

How far is the pond/camping area from where the main public road is? Is the pond man made or beaver made?

Crystal clear water.......you got the toys bro! I'd say you have more toys than anyone I know except my BIL...wife's brother....he's got a 100K huge John Deere tractor and a 200K track hoe .....and it's all for play.

Can I have maybe ...ahhh...let's see......your camping area and the pond too....you can camp somewhere else. I'd love to take some protesters up there for a "no return camping trip". :D

Jay...go back 30 years......what a kick butt place to party on....beer cans in the water and blasting them with revolvers.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. That's the stream looking down in the first pic, up in the second. I am standing on the old bridge abutments. There is a beaver dam between the abutments. There is a larger pool downstream a couple hundred yards, but there is no road. I cut a small footpath to it last year.
The bridge abutments are about 40 yards from the clearing we are working in. Pretty spot. Our main road comes down to the clearing and to the old bridge abutments.
It's about a mile off the tar road, but the tar road is pretty quiet. Our main road is in good shape and you can drive a pickup or Jeep down it no problem.
We don't really have a lot of toys. And what we have is old haha. I could sure use some equipment though!
Yeah, I got some jealous buddies. That's why our road is gated. They would fish this place right out. Only other one that has access is my dad's bud that owns property in this area too. But technically we could gate the stream access for ourselves cause we own down both sides of it for a half mile or so.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

This old road down to the stream is an old county road. It crossed the stream and runs up the other side about another mile to another good gravel road running at right angles to it. That is where the bulk of my dad's buddies land is. They are great people and live here in town. They have two sons I went to school with and know well.
This was all old farm country long ago. There are rock walls and old cellar holes around. Nice area to hunt or just "woods loaf" in. You boys are welcome any time.
When you look at the picture looking up the stream, way up about as far as you can see on the left side is where I shot that coyote last hunting season. The trail I made goes up the left (west) side of the stream in the woods.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks like a fun place to be. You are obviously putting time and effort in to keep it a good place. Hope you have lots more fun times waiting to be experienced there.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:09 pm Looks like a fun place to be. You are obviously putting time and effort in to keep it a good place. Hope you have lots more fun times waiting to be experienced there.

Thanks piller!
Luckily, something that was very stressful and upsetting, worked out in the end for us.
My dad and I built a camp about 25 years ago a little further north in the hills on 40 acres we owned. There was nothing for miles. It was V-match inside with open ceilings. We had a lot of good times there hunting over the years.
After almost 20 years, next thing we know, we get caught up in one of those communist windmill projects.
We went to a public hearing and I pretty much let them have it. Luckily, I've worked in the power industry all my life and asked some questions they didn't want to answer in a room full of people.
The next day they called us at home and asked what they had to do to make us happy. I told them it would be expensive.
Then started an almost 3 year ordeal of searching for property that wasn't stripped off or worthless. We had one lot lined up, surveying all done, and agreements signed, then the holder stripped it. We started all over again.
We finally found the lot we now have. It was owned by a large land company. The windmill corporation acquired it and swapped us even for our holdings.
Lot of sleepless nights throughout this ordeal, but in the end it cost us nothing. Zero. That little camp and 40 acres was the best investment my dad ever made.
The camp has sat empty ever since. It was two years before they even asked for the keys. Shame. It was a beautiful camp. I avoid the area at all costs now.
They offered to move it but we would have to take less land so we didn't.
I'm sure it will bother me when dad is gone, but he is very happy with the property we have.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
Your story was a common one when I was a youngster...say....mid sixties.....there was lots of land available upstate and my dad's buddies were always buying small lots......like an acre or two......and putting up hunting camps....my wife's sister, the guy with all the toys bought 260 acres for...can't remember, wasn't much.......fast forward 30-40 years and there's not much left reasonable.

It'll be that way up your way...power companies!....back in the day it was the timber and coal companies.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Most of the state is owned by paper companies or land divisions of them.
The northern half of the state almost entirely so.
Things are changing though. Even 30 years ago, if you told someone you bought land to hunt on, they'd have you committed. In the not too distant future, if you don't own land, you will pay to hunt.
These companies holding the land left it wide open for over a hundred years. Mostly because they feared these million acres being burned by people if they threw them out. Plus, they got tax breaks leaving it open.
Now, like everybody, they smell government money from stupid communist projects that provide a huge government cash cow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay...speaking of cash cows, where's mine? Ain't heard from Tom in a while. :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey yeah. It's been a while since he's been around hasn't it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:21 pm Went up to the lot today. Have a pile of work to do up there. We have a clearing down by the stream I want to expand and seed down with clover. Gonna plant some apple trees too. Started working down there. Got some downed trees cut up and brush sawed a fair amount. Expanded the little clearing quite a bit. Got to get a chipper up there now.
Still a little soft to run the Jeeps down the road without sinking them. Another couple weeks maybe. Then I have to get down there and winch some trees out.
Still have to cut open my trails too.
Went down and snapped a couple pics of our stream. Looks some good for brookies! But instead of throwing a canoe in I was running a chainsaw and brush saw.
That is my idea of Heaven....... :mrgreen:

Have you metal detected around the cellar holes...?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

When I hunted near Milliknocket( did I spell it right?) it was all paper company land, all thick dark timber, hadn't looked like it was ever cut. That was just like 'second week of deer camp' ! :lol:
Did you/are you going to get snow? Looks like a good portion of the NE is going to get some.

Well 2 of my best buddies are in town, we are getting together this evening, cleaning out their moms house this weekend. Haven't seen Trapper since he moved 8 yrs ago, not seen JP since my Dads funeral. We got a lot of ball bustin & joking around to catch up on! :D

Lumber delivery this morning, time to build the deck- gotta take pics of this new job, originally it was a barn, at some point it was allowed to rot away. Now these new owners are spending the Ben's to make it a retirement home for his folks.

Yesterday's mail brought an Alliant catalog... can't find their products but the send a nice catalog! Seriously though I would really like an honest answer WHY we are in such a shortage. I get the hoarding but me suspects something deeper... are the nitro suppliers not producing? Is the gubbermint impeding private business?
Well time to go to work so Six can continue to collect his check- hey im supporting you, remember me in your estate! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks GK. You're welcome any time! I may have an old Winchester, Colt, and a checked wool coat you can borrow! :D
I haven't used a metal detector myself in these spots, but I'm sure others have. Lot's of old remnants of logging too. There are also many old cemeteries that are interesting to look at. I found one one day that had a civil war vet from the 24th Maine.
At our old camp, it was the same way. I cant imagine farming in such rugged country. One day in the woods, I found a bunch of old wagon rims and a horse drawn sickle bar mower. The sickle was grown into a tree and as the tree grew it picked the sickle up about 4 feet. Wish I'd had a camera.

Mornin Gunny!
It didn't do anything here last night. No snow, rain, or anything. Just cold.
They spell it Millinocket.
It was all logging back in the day, and home to the Great Northern Paper Co. They owned over a million acres of property. There is still logging and thousands of miles of dirt roads. There are more miles of logging roads than tar roads in Maine. The mill has closed and pretty much killed Millinocket other than recreational income.
About ten years ago, you could buy a nice house in town for 8-12 grand! :D Many people I work with bought house there just to use as camps and rent out to snowmobilers.
Nice! Glad you are getting to catch up with your buds! That's always a good time.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Guess my spelling wasn't too far off after 35 years- geeze where has time gone!!?? We actually stayed in West Sebois but Millinocket is close enough for jazz. It seemed depressed then. I hunted 3 years there, saw 4 deer, only a doe & fawn on the hoof. Walked up on a cow & calf moose I don't know who was more scared me or them !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Millinocket? Yea baby! That's where I'm headed...(had to copy and paste the spelling from Jay.)

Gunny.....I really am poor...near poverty level in income.....it's just that I don't owe nobody nothing and I do everything myself. ......all our stuff is old and it's only through diligent maintenance that we are still on our feet........you guys want anything, come on down as there's not much except some nice guns and a very, very MIGHTY Kubota.

I feel better living simple and having no one holding anything over my head....pay taxes, utilities, and insurance is all I have to do.

Go read my answer to Doc on the mass shootings.....I need to live simple....less money, responsibilities, intrusions from others....

More is not always better-------6 ze a la fuzzy dice curb feelers no stress..............see? I don't give a F.........feels good to be a peon.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Millinocket. Spellings are funny, and depending on what language they come from they can be pronounced different from what we think. Lancaster, TX is oficially pronounced Lankuh-stir. Mexia, TX is oficially pronounced Muh-hay-uh. Then there are all of the ports on the Gulf Coast. Port Aransas, Port Isabel, Port Neches, Port Er-Waggoner. OK, that last one was not real.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Chipmunks, haven't seen one all spring. Had a late frost last spring, no acorns last fall. I think we had a starvation kill. The guys I work with haven't seen any either. Or could it be all the .177 holes I put in them last summer?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not a bad day.
A friend of my dad's passed away recently. His wife wanted me to look at his stuff and give an approximate value.
I already knew she was giving my dad his Parker 20ga.
I went over with dad today. The rest of his stuff was just average stuff. His wife said to wait as she had one in the bedroom. She brought out a zippered pistol case and when I opened it there was a nice, clean 1903 Colt. I looked it over and when I put it back she said she wanted me to have it. I tried to refuse and told her I would gladly buy it but she would have none of it.
When we got home, dad gave me the Parker. That old man has always been a PIA. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ah man..that's great Jay!....good people! Is the Colt a .32? Most of them are. Your gun was made in 1929 and if the serial number is 494121 it's the same one I had here a couple of years ago..... :D

Don't know nothing about the Parker.....Gunny will be up in a couple of hours....I do know the 20 gauges bring a premium...sometimes a big premium....your dad's the best...my dad was great too but he would have charged me something for it! :D

That Colt is a nice and made the same year a little 25 auto I have here is. Those 1903's run flawlessly.....had I known this the other day I would have thrown in a box of .32's.....if you need any let me know.

Good for you buddy.....I know you will treasure them....

Now, get back to work! ....you lucky dog------0006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes, it's a 32. Which I actually prefer in the 1903. Just seems "right".
Thanks buddy! Yeah, wouldn't you know, I HAD some 32ACP, but I gave em to my kid when I gave him a little pistol chambered for it.
Haha yeah I don't know much about Parkers either. I do know it was made in 1921. It isn't fancy. It's a Trojan I think. I do know it is the lightest 20ga double I have ever handled. It weighs less than an H&R single shot, I swear. The balance is perfect and it swings like lightning. It has 26" barrels. I haven even checked the chokes.
As I've said before, I'm not much of a shotgun guy. I know the pad isn't factory, but oh well......
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

If the stock wasn't cut just trash the ghetto pad it and put on a real one...a wrong pad on a classic gun is bad......imagine a fat pad on a model 86.

Or just leave the ugly pad on and wrap aluminum foil on the buttstock with some duct tape to hold it on....keep the shiny side of the foil on the outside for "showing off". Can do the same with the barrels but first shorten the barrels with a dull hacksaw....you will thank me for it when you get all the "oooooss and ahhhhs" at the next BLM meeting.----your thoughtful pal---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. The pad isn't bad as far as timing. It's an old Red Head. It doesn't look too bad other than it's not supposed to be there. I'd say the stock was cut, cause it doesn't feel long.
Oh well. Glad it's a Parker. It'd be a shame if they'd done that to a Mossberg. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm not well versed in Parker's BUT I've been looking to find a 20ga side by side so just wrap it in the buffalo coat and put her in the mail! I'll give it a complete takedown, clean and lube and wring it out on pheasants for the next 15 or 20 years- just to make sure it's functional :D

Met with the 'boys' last night. Their mom passed away a couple weeks ago, here to clean out her house, done in 1 day! They are leaving to go back to CO today! All the stories, memories- we were getting funny looks from the rest of the restaurant goers. Been 9 years since we were all together, other than all of us looking OLD it was like we were kids again. One of my buds has a new girlfriend so of course we dog piled on him with embarrassing stories!

Well what to do today, go fishin, go shooting, stay here and do yard work?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Going fishing today. Cedar Creek lake in Texas. Supposed to be some of the best Crappie fishing in Texas.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice acquisition on the Parker and the Colt . :mrgreen:
I heard that Humphrey Bogart liked the 1903 as the 1911 looked too big against his smaller frame in the movies.
If you ever come across the pond bring the Parker with you, I'll try to find a way to have it confiscated so you can't take it back... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey...hey.....what yourself! Who?......where am I ? What day is it?

I had dreams of piles of old Colt automatics last night......some of the stuff I handled over the years ......don't want to think about it.....the 1910 45 auto of which only 22 were made.....the Singers, the North Americans, the NIB WW2 1911's, cased Civil War engraved c&b's, Calvary 1873's, single action Colts in 44 Magnum, the 1902's, ....I get sick....even only handling them, never getting to own them......shot a few.......the ONLY Thompson machine gun WW2 A1 made by Colt, found in the basement of a deceased Camden N.J. Police Chief......THAT was a story.....I have to stop sthinking about the old Colts,
It's all in my past......I'm only left with the residue......and Jay took those.....only memories. Good bye my friends....I'm going to the Colt graveyard...it's right down the street from the Winchester graveyard which is next to the S&W/Flattop Ruger graveyard............bye.........bye........

Ok , I'm back....that was fun.....I'll leave you with a picture of a $100,000 1911, the finest Singer 1911 known of which only 500 were made....that was the sold price.

I did manage to save a few pictures......

This was a $40K sold price

If you don't know what these are don't look anymore and stay with Rossi's. look at the serial number of the 1905 on the right.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Whooo! Ok, I'm up. Man, that was a long night. Did manage some sleep today at least.
Man! Those are some sweet Colts, Six!
For a second, while I was sipping my coffee, I thought I missed those when I was down there. I'd of been very upset. :D
Guess you missed em too. That stuff is BIG money. WAY outta my league buddy.

Hey GK,
Bring it over? You are taking it to a new level. Six, Gunny, and I steal each other's guns back and forth.
You get us to deliver them to you. Jolly good show! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So I decided to go to the club this morning, grab my shooting stuff, jump in the truck and go. I go over the Delaware River on art 78, the digital sign says 'rate increase' ... a 200% INCREASE! Toll went from $1.00 to $3.00! I can't see how the Toll Bridge Commission gets off with that high of a rate increase- their section of the interstate SUCKS! They darn well better spend that money and repave!
So I just signed up for EZPASS- then I only have to pay $1.25.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!