Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairman of the.......politically incorrect

Post by GunnyMack »

Got a touch of vertigo this morning. My low back was acting up yesterday so I spent some time on the inversion table, stretching. Back feels good now but my neck is now locked up. Oh Fred I need an adjustment, I'll turn my back to the screen.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That sucks Gunny. Hope you feel better soon.

Hey Six, I'm jealous. Like to get out there with my Jeep someday. Make a trip out of it and hit the Rubicon. Do some traveling around out west.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny hope you feel better soon, buddy. Jack the BIG 351 in the mid 1970’s was the 351 M for modified. Ford had the 351 Windsor, loosely based on the standard 289/302,(used the standard small block bell housing bolt pattern),the 351 Cleveland very similar heads as the Boss 302 but more cubes( used the small block bell housing bolt pattern but a 429/460 distributor) and the 351 Modified based on a 400 and used the 429/460 bell housing bolt pattern( made swapping in a 429/460 a snap as you didn’t have to change transmissions). So endeth the lesson.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good, I have some Ford stock.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The old C4 transmission for the small block Ford was pretty strong. The C6 for the 396/400/410/428/429/460 was a beast.

Does anyone know where the Dodge brothers stole, yes stole, the idea for a hemispherical combustion chamber?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

OK Master Tom...the 351M......I do remember someone telling me that........that truck was powerful and it had the C-6 trans......never changed the trans oil in it........354 gears....after it sat for 5 years or so I sold it for a grand.....telling the guy the brakes were semi seized up as you would have to push down extremely hard just to slow it down, not stop it.....

Well, we went out and did the paperwork, came back and he drove it out of here with a quarter tank of 5 year old gas and never heard no more.....a couple of years before I retired a buddy told me he saw that truck on the road....maybe 2014.

Gunny......Fred uses the old time doctoring and will make a visit to you.....if you stop over I'll give ya a shovel and we both can go out and start digging mud out back......you'll feel brand new the next day......for real, good hard physical exercise will limber your muscle structure up.......you don't want to wind up like SB#1 and a dismal future.

Where's the Jayster? A trip to MOAB would be fun...as I know your likes, you would love cruising the crazy rock formations and the sights......a billion miles of hiking around the arches in "Arches National Park" which is in the same local.....the town of MOAB itself is a bit flaky though...very uppity and run by Ex Kalifornia hippies. They have loose driving laws and you'll see monster Jeeps, pick up trucks, dune buggies and other off the wall vehicles just cruising the streets in the small town.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Kid here in town landed a job out there doing something with Jeep tours. Man, that must be fun.
You know, other than having to deal with some of the people.

Wife and would like to just roll outta here with the Jeep and the dog. Kinda like some of those couples on YouTube that Jeep all over.
Don't worry, we'd stop for a visit on our way out buddy! :D

I am about ready to put it back on the road so I get to thinking what I'm going to do. When these tires are gone, I keep going back and forth between another set or going to 35s. Probably will stay where I'm at, but.........
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea....35"s are the way to go....my boy laughs at me with my 33's....I told him I have to stay with 33's as I have a 33 Winchester...make sense?

Here's a pic of my parts truck...paid $500 for it.........it's a '78 4x4 four door crew cab and a 8' bed.....it's a monster.......been gone for many years, stripped of all useful parts and then I sold it for $500....no title.....whenever a part went bad in my '79 I went out back and wrenched it......it had the cast iron transfer case, 4 speed manual trans, (which I traded for a complete front end for a K car Chrysler Le Baron)......before getting rid of it I took out the heater motor and put my own blade on it and combined that with a 12 volt battery and was my cooling fan when I went to the gunclub on hot day.

How else do you think I could afford all those Winchesters? I used to have "Winchesters AND Colts" but someone from up north took all the Colts.....

I'm still looking for a pic of the old '79 which I had custom painted a week after I bought it......

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I'm one of very few guys in the club still on 33s. I do have the flat skid, and that makes a HUGE difference, so I do pretty good.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack your parts truck is my dream truck! I had a 1972 f250 crew cab and always dreamed of doing a 1973-79 f250 4x4 crew with a 460 automatic power steering power brakes and air.
Piller they also made a very limited number of small block C6 transmissions. Very desirable in the 1980’s because of their strength but since then soooo much development has been done to the c-4 they are stronger and much lighter.
My 1966 mustang is being mocked up with a 4r70 trans. Light like the c4 but has four gears and an overdrive that can be run with a on-off switch and a lockup torque converter also switch activated. Mine has a manual valve body so when you come to a stop sign or light you have to put it in low then shift(though no clutch) each gear one at a time.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

My personal feeling is 33's are the best balance between "roadability, ease of getting in and out, and especially expense. Those 2 extra inches adds big bucks.......I'll say the same for a lift kit..2 and 1/2" suspension and 1" body.....go any higher and geometry changes then you need "this and that" to accompany the higher lift...am I right Jay?

It's cold outside and very windy....supposed to be worse tomorrow.....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Absolutely. If you throw on an OME lift, a 1.25" body lift, a 1" motor mount lift, and adjustable track bars, you can easily fit 33s. You can keep your stock control arms and do nothing else, on a Rubicon. It will ride and drive as good or better than stock. On a regular TJ, you will need a slip yoke eliminator and a double cardan driveshaft.
The reason I have had to do so much is the flat skid. It, in essence, is like adding 4 more inches of suspension lift because the transmission and transfer is being pushed up so much. The plus side is without it I would need 39" tires to gain that much clearance at my skid pan. It is a much bigger factor on the 02-06 TJs than the 97-01 because the pan hangs down more.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
You lost me after the "slip yoke eliminator".....I was told you don't need that with the Rubicon's as they have something like that built in....only on the Rubicon's.

On Old Yeller, I didn't put one on either...just the transfer case lowering kit....that was 20 years and 3 U joints ago..... :D it eats em up at the axle yoke...like every 15-20 K....which was about every 7 years.....----006

I wish you lived nearby....you are a Jeep wizard, the best I've ever talked to.....my boy is good too but your more "hands on" and can do the wrenching.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes, that's what I said. A regular TJ need one. The Rubicon has a fixed yoke output from the factory. However, it only has a single universal driveshaft, so if you add enough lift to mess with the angle, you still need adjustable control arms and a double cardan drive shaft. That's where mine is. Before the skid, I didn't need it. That is where yours still is now. You are 100% good with your setup buddy. I promise.
For me, a transfer case lowering kit defeats the purpose of the lift.
Old yeller, being a YJ, is a little different. Because it has Leafs, you can adjust pinion angle with shims. It would still need a slip your eliminator and a double cardan, but that is it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok....yes, you did write that...(a regular TJ)....it just did not sink in when I responded...

After a certain part of a man's life, he sometimes just stops taking in new information and lives on what he previously learned. That's why real old people don't want to be bothered with computers. It's also why nothing except medicine and retirement homes are the only advertisements that are gears towards old people. :D

Here's the old '79 Ford when it was a few months old.......Mom drove a '79 Bronco with the 4 speed.

The year before we had "his and hers" '78 Trans Ams.....we pretty much stopped buying cars after the trucks

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I hear you bud. I find myself doing that already. I know what works for me and what I like. I don't bother with the rest haha. I know nothing about the JKs and JLs. The old TJ is as new as I'm going haha. The best of old and new IMO. If I need another, it will be older.
Wow! Awesome rigs buddy! Those Trans Ams would be money in the bank now. Those were great cars too. Most stuff after 72 wasn't much, but those Trans Ams went pretty freakin good. Had a buddy with a 79 with the 6.6. That thing went good!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Fire chickens!? Was never a car guy, I don't care to crawl outta my ride, much prefer to climb into and fall out of! :lol:
My 08 Rubi had 31s, granted I didn't do serious off road but I will say those factory lockers were awesome! We were doing some logging, fairly deep snow. I was hauling the saws, gas, tools etc as ya just can't get all that stuff on the skidder. Only got stuck once but the Timberjack skidder and 1 little tug got me out of 3 foot drift of snow. If it wasn't for that 3.0 V6 blowing freeze plugs I would have kept it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Soooo I woke up this morning to this!
ADD738C5-7763-46DC-B121-D48C370C8B3F.jpeg
That was a three month old hearing aid until a certain oversized Doberman named John Mahlon Marlin found it on my dresser and decided he was bored. AAARRRGGHH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah, the hearing aid companies really need to put warnings on their products! Dad would put his on the head board at night, he lost 2 pairs to the dog ! I kept telling him to not leave them within reach of a dog nose. First time it happened the company warranteed them, second time nope! Apparently ear wax is quite desirable to k9s.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I told Melissa I was going to Cabelas and get a bedside lock box. Not for a gun but for my hearing aids. I have a call in to the hearing aid place to see if they will replace it. Oh! Wait I could use my stimulus money... no that won’t work AS I DIDNT GET ANY. I am sure I will get the bill though.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have caught our Irish Terrier and our Chiweenie both with used Q-tips stolen from the trash can. Yes, for some reason which I cannot understand, human earwax is an enticing smell and taste to dogs. Our Chiweenie sleeps on our bed. She often wakes us up by sticking her tongue in one of our ears.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Tom.......that sucks......me and mom were trying to decipher what it was so we gave up and read on........

Always having animals in the house taught me one thing.......they are like small children and don't know any better......

Top dresser drawer......I keep a small open box about 2" x 3" x 1" high......I open the battery slide on my hearing aids and drop em in.......(I guess the bedbugs, lice, and spiders in the drawer don't need to hear anything and I get to save on batteries)

Well.....once again something big is happening at the gun club......fixing the electric was supposed to be a three day job but it's been two weeks and is going to be shut down all next week! Good ole union guys...stretching a 3 day job to 3 weeks....

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Those electric guys are probably BATF and are installing all kinds of bugs,cameras, infrared detectors and subliminal speakers to convert all you nasty gun nuts.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:28 pm Those electric guys are probably BATF and are installing all kinds of bugs,cameras, infrared detectors and subliminal speakers to convert all you nasty gun nuts.
That may be closer than you think..... :?
Listen.........you can hear Old Win laughing.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:49 pm
GunnyMack wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:28 pm Those electric guys are probably BATF and are installing all kinds of bugs,cameras, infrared detectors and subliminal speakers to convert all you nasty gun nuts.
That may be closer than you think..... :?
Listen.........you can hear Old Win laughing.

HA! That's awesome buddy! You are seriously "the man". :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad you like it, I couldn't resist.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...I can see dues going up......no big deal......maybe Gunny is right....ATF and othe spies.......I can see SB#1 laughing now. :D
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

SB#1 ain't the foreman down there by any chance...... :?:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:28 pm SB#1 ain't the foreman down there by any chance...... :?:
Nnnaaaa, don't think so....SB#1 is ...well......SB#1 ....and always will be.....don't blame me, blame academia and liberals for allowing it to happen......------double O 6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Speaking about SB1, why is it there are so many commercials for toilet paper lately? Catchy jingles, words that rhyme. Don't get me started on the celebrities hawking garbage! Irritating me to no end.

Well work party today, got some trees down, gotta install the new pool markers, fix the down stream property marker. Guess who was elected to get all the supplies? Trailer, Ranger, tools, cable, eye screws, saw, gas, oil, waders, what else am I missing??

GK has your country imposed another lock down?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny as far as know we have not got another lockdown as the Government is now going to treat the Chinese Pox the same as ordinary flu.
I'm a little behind with up-to-date news as I refuse to listen to the Marxist BBC or read the gutter press. Sky News Australia is what I watch instead, they roast old biden every time he opens his mouth.... :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

WHERES TOM?

I got his package of 33 Winchester brass and ...and..I can't say this here as it's like a potato field and a corn field...too many eyes and ears...........PM me Tom.....I need answers........SB#1 and TP?....I'm lost Gunny......
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Tom sent me some powder coated bullets. I should be able to give a range report next week.

We have some top notch folks on Leverguns. Don't let the occasional squabble among members cause you to think otherwise. If any of you ever are coming through the Dallas area, let me know. I will try to meet up with you for a cup of coffee or a meal. ThreeLeggedTurtle was through here just in time for the Arctic Vortex Blast of Cold. I bought some ammo and bullets from him. Some of the bullets were 155 grain LaserCast in .40 caliber. They are loaded in 10mm with a mid range load of Universal. I need to try them out. I told my wife that LaserCast brags that their bullets have silver in the alloy. Now I have something to use on werewolves. :lol: I bet that 200 to 300 pound wild pigs would not be safe from that bullet. I like my 10mm and my .40 S&W both.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Piller, ill remember your offer if I ever get that way. There is a certain Texas Game Warden from Lonestar Law id love to meet, she is so darned cute!! :lol:

Tom and I have spoken a few times about powder coating, I just don't do enough rifle & pistol shooting to warrant getting into it. Oh and Tom( aka T-bone, aka Mr trips over his own feet) is a grand chap for sure. I hear ol Six can be kinda grumpy :lol: . Jay is too.

Hey, Return to Lonesome Dove is on - still haven't seen em all!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

SB#1 chance I'll get down to Dallas....furthest I get it the gun club 26 miles away.....I did manage to put 400 miles on the Rubicon since last July 24.....but...if I do I'll stop at Griffs first and loot his place for whatever Jay left behind.

Gotta get some sleep...4 hours don't cut it......my boy just called and he got back from MOAB, UT..... M.O.A.B.....I had that sticker on my old Jeep and a black guy I know well asked me what it stands for and I told him.....then he says, Oh! I thought it stood for
"Mothers Of African Babies". Yea...me and the bros always did get along....bob was cool, ex military lifer.

This truck of Johnnys is funny......it looks black but turns blue when the sun shines on it. Has a 10 speed automatic trans and he says you don't feel nothing when it shifts......heck, I still use a clutch and probably always will---006

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm with ya Six I much prefer a clutch- also known as an Anti theft device, as this millennium generation has no idea how to use a clutch.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:32 am I'm with ya Six I much prefer a clutch- also known as an Anti theft device, as this millennium generation has no idea how to use a clutch.
Plus one :D Only clutches are more common over here. The three Land Rovers I had were real old school, double de- clutching was necessary.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Being as we are stuck here on the political forum I thought this from Ronald Reagan was appropriate:
https://youtu.be/ERbUibcfT2w
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When I started driving, Dad had a 1958 Ford F100 pickup with a 3 speed manual transmission on the column. A Three-on-the-tree. It was only synchronized between second and third gears. To downshift th first without coming to a full stop it was necessary to double clutch. It would be pretty well theft proof nowadays. I used to have a Honda with a manual transmission. PillHer wanted to drive it. After 3 tries, it needed a new front end. Turns out she can't move her feet in opposite directions. They both go up or down at the same time in the car. I have never yet found a vehicle I can't drive. PillHer can Juggle, but she cannot drive a manual transmission! I don't understand.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Great video Gamekeeper! I especially liked the "democratic platform". :D

Short story...I live about a mile from the Delaware County Prison......it's rare for a breakout as it only houses max 2 year people....can't remember the year but it was about 15 years ago there was a black guy named Alton Brown who broke out and as he was making his way through the woods he came to a house about 1/2 mile from here and he noticed the keys were in the ignition of the car that was there....he jumped in but couldn't drive it...stick shift! :D helicopters were flying all over the place and you know what they saw?.....citizens patrolling their property with guns...I was one of them with a Mini 14......

This dude had zero chance and was caught the next day hiding under a porch of a farmhouse.......

Well, I thought I'd brighten your day up with a picture of a "gender reveal party". I would have killed them both.-----6

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Back in 2008, I think, we had a prison escape. They were known as the Texas Seven. They killed a Police Officer named Aubrey Hawkins. For several days everyone went armed. If I remember correctly, they were caught in another State. I could look it up. They probably went out of State to avoid the armed citizens as much as anything. When you get the citizens POd like that, it is probably safer to take your chances with the Cops. The citizens might not give warning before they kill you. The Cops are supposed to try to take you into custody.

If Alton Brown would have tried to break into Six's place, I have no doubt that he would have been a "hole"y man in a hurry.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I've never heard of a gender reveal party, does the color of the smoke reveal the color of the father??? The dude in blue sure looks worried.. :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Piller.....in those days I didn't have the security I have now, plus I was much younger......thinking now..might have been 30 years ago.....anyway, had he come out of the woods and out in the open I would have given him a 5 round burst at his feet.....

Back in the fifties my FIL caught two escapees in the barn......he was a huge man with the power of a bulldozer and held them for quite some time until the cops came.

OK.....Gamekeeper.....today, here in the colonies young couples have these stupid parties that reveal the gender of their upcoming baby......we never knew these things, wanting the surprise........

If it's a girl everything is themed pink and blue for a boy.........obviously, the color of the smoke coming from the young ladies thingy would have been pink, matching everything else......but.......she knew something, so hence, the black smoke.

The poor white guy is all excited and probably does not understand it all....but he will........ :D

I actually know a guy where this happened.....his wife had an affair, got knocked up and told her husband about it. He seemed to be OK about it and stayed with her...the kid came out a darker shade of white..........if it was all before he knew her I'd be OK with it but while they were married?
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for the explanation Six, I still think it's one very funny photo... The white guy looks like he's waiting to learn his gender too.. :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The truck I have now is my first auto. They don't even make half tons in a standard anymore. WTF?
Always had standards.

Lots of people in the Jeep club have newer "Jeeps". Most all are autos.
Cheating if you ask me. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If ya gotta drive heavy traffic a slushbox is definitely the way to go but there is just something satisfying about driving a clutch!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

City traffic is easier to navigate with an automatic because too many people drive while stupid. If everyone had to drive with a manual transmission, the bad drivers and some unlucky folks would wreck out and clear up a little of the traffic. Some people just refuse to think.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Something tells me you boy's ideas of traffic and mine are vastly different. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

OldWin wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:24 pm Something tells me you boy's ideas of traffic and mine are vastly different. :D
Yeah, no MOOSE on our commutes! :lol: the club I shoot at all the time is 62 miles each way, 50 miles of it is interstate. It never fails on my way home ya get 1 idiot that doesn't maintain speed while pulling a long hill. Yup brakes used going from 65-70 to 35. Get to the top of the hill and there is no traffic/ wreck/state trooper , just moronic drivers in a Prius! That is the same hill I was going down last spring when traffic came to a screeching halt and 3 troopers were coming East in the West lanes at high speed with lights & sirens- no clue what was going on.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I drive 52 miles to work. It's about half and half 2 lane and interstate. There isn't enough traffic to amount to anything. Lots of nights going in on 3rd shift, we wouldn't pass a car.