Articles of Impeachment filed......again.

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Scott Tschirhart
Levergunner 2.0

Articles of Impeachment filed......again.

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Looks like the House is going to take up formal Articles of Impeachment again. This time for incitement to insurrection.

I think that this is getting past the point of ridiculousness.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Articles of Impeachment filed......again.

Post by Blaine »

Getting? Sir, we passed that point four years ago. Probably longer ago than that.
Impeached will now have the same "impact" as "racist"; Just another word thrown around that not too many people will care about. Besides, I seriously doubt...just like last time...the Senate won't allow a conviction.
In my inexpert opinion they are trying to prevent him from running again.
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.
----
An Olive Branch Should Only Be Offered Once. You Can Accept It, Or Stick It. :P
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I think Blaine is right. Their main two issues seem to be to do what they can to discredit him among the low information voters, combined with censorship to keep those voters in low information mode, and also to prevent him from running a second time. I think if they still have the remote possibility of free elections in four years, Donald Junior would win handily, as with almost any Trump family member, but I’m sure the Democrats also feel like they will be able to continue to have censorship and fraud as their main strategies, which may make anything else moot.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 pm
I think Blaine is right. Their main two issues seem to be to do what they can to discredit him among the low information voters, combined with censorship to keep those voters in low information mode, and also to prevent him from running a second time. I think if they still have the remote possibility of free elections in four years, Donald Junior would win handily, as with almost any Trump family member, but I’m sure the Democrats also feel like they will be able to continue to have censorship and fraud as their main strategies, which may make anything else moot.
This got me to thinking (uhoh :lol: ) Being impeached, and convicted of it, or anything else does not disqualify a POTUS to run again. At least, I can't find anything in the constitution about it.
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.
----
An Olive Branch Should Only Be Offered Once. You Can Accept It, Or Stick It. :P
Scott Tschirhart
Levergunner 2.0

Blaine wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:04 pm
This got me to thinking (uhoh :lol: ) Being impeached, and convicted of it, or anything else does not disqualify a POTUS to run again. At least, I can't find anything in the constitution about it.
The Senate has never convicted a sitting President. However, the Senate has convicted some officials for misconduct and added a prohibition against them ever holding office again. I think they would probably try to add a clause like that.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah, some talking head news person said that if impeached "twice" that somehow it made a difference and that was what rendered him not able to run. Sounds bogus to me....

.....but then I don't think that the 'news' media would ever lie, nor would the Democrats, would they....????
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Scott Tschirhart
Levergunner 2.0

I think that this is about the 2022 midterms. There are people on both sides of the isle that are afraid of the MAGA movement and they want to kill it.