Ruth Bader Ginsburg RIP

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Ruth Bader Ginsburg RIP

Post by CowboyTutt »

I seldom agreed with her decisions but her work ethic and dedication was always beyond all comparison. I do not take any joy in her passing and things are going to get rough, really rough, before the election now, like we needed one more thing to deal with. I knew she wanted to die working and the importance of that to her was more important than any politics. I have to give her some credit for that. I do. To me, the best dedication comes from Justice Scalia who once said, if he was ever stranded on a desert island with a liberal, he'd want it to be with Ruth Ginsburg. I applaud her efforts for woman's rights and salute her for her work ethic. No one can ever say convincingly that she wasn't a first class lady, whether you agree with her decisions or not. She was a very devoted justice and 1st class lady in my opinion. I didn't agree with her, but I cannot escape the fact that she was a lady of 1st class character. She died doing what she loved. Sincerely, -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg RIP

Post by Bill in Oregon »

You know, I didn't care for her interpretation of constitutional law either, but I admired her fine mind and spirit. She and her Supreme Court opposite, Tony Scalia, were extremely close friends. It is a lesson for our times when we can respect -- maybe even love -- each other despite being at very different ends of the political spectrum. This requires both wisdom and intellectual maturity. This is how we keep our nation knitted together. Thank you for your integrity, Ruth.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Travel well Ruth. Godspeed. Thanks for all you did to make our world a better place. Heal well all who mourn her passing.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://schoolsucksproject.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

You know, I didn't care for her interpretation of constitutional law either, but I admired her fine mind and spirit. She and her Supreme Court opposite, Tony Scalia, were extremely close friends. It is a lesson for our times when we can respect -- maybe even love -- each other despite being at very different ends of the political spectrum. This requires both wisdom and intellectual maturity. This is how we keep our nation knitted together. Thank you for your integrity, Ruth.
You said it 10xs better than me Bro. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

In my opinion, Ginzberg should have resigned when the seriousness of her cancer was discovered. But she stayed on for political reasons.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Should Scalia have resigned when diagnosed with severe heart disease?
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

One of the best advice I ever heard was from my Personnel Director for my small school district who sits on the negotiating team opposite our union. Sometimes the union people or any of us get very emotional and point fingers and say "you guys are blah blah blah!!!!!!" They make personal accusations. My Director friend doesn't do that, and used the phrase " the difference is positional, its not personal" and she keeps a level head. I think Justice Scalia believed in a similar sentiment as he and RBG were such good friends. Truly Scalia was a "gentlemen and a scholar". If you read RBG's obits coming out now, where she was born, where she lived, where she went to school, its no surprise she was left of center. It helps to understand her a little better even if like me you still disagree with her opinions. Frankly I find the "wise Latina lady" far more dislikable among justices.

If Trump chooses a male judge to nominate, its going to be Kavanaugh v2.0 plus. If they choose a conservative female judge, which I think they have one already picked out, it might go much smoother and this might work out for the best. God help our country right now. -Tutt
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When she was on an appeals court, that latina lady ruled that even when your pay stub has the words hourly employee on it, you are required to report all hours worked, and you are docked pay when weather events shut down your place of work, that it doesn't matter because you are salaried if you have a job which can only be obtained by a degree and professional license. She saved Wal Mart almost 100 million dollars in fines, legal fees, and back pay owed. Simply being on the Supreme Court should not exonerate you from your misdeeds.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Wow, that would be a bad and uncharacteristically bad decision now. My school district had to renegotiate our contract for this year based upon COVID. Everyone did a good job of it. The 'wise Latina" Lady is neither in my opinion. -Tutt
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

No person on the Supreme Court should resign for medical reasons unless their medical issues or the treatments cause their judgement to be impaired. If RBG's cancer treatment interfered with her ability to do the job, then she should have resigned. But if she could carry on normally, then no reason not to stay. Same for anyone else, regardless of them being conservative, or liberal.
I didn't care for RBG stance on many subjects, but can't say I'm pleased with her passing. There are only a few people who've left this earth that I'm glad are gone. All have been evil, and done terrible things to other human beings. That's not the case with RBG.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

MM93, you got heart my friend. I agree with you 100%. I see on the politics forum that some are so glad RBG is dead. I am Catholic, and like my mentor said today driving us all up to our Ukrainian Catholic Church today, "I take no joy in the death of a human being" as as a devout Roman Catholic that he is. There are exceptions to that for me, Putin, Kim Jong, Khamenei, Xi Jinping, Bashar al-Assad. But you have heart Brother! and for that I'm grateful. -Tutt
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa....Where Trump is Supported and Common Sense Rules

Post by Sixgun »

I'm not here to argue as arguing on the internet makes as much sense as hiring Joe Biden (or me) to be the lead rocket scientist for NASA.

I too was raised a Roman Catholic but you have to twist its teachings a bit if you want to survive in today's world so let's forget about RBG's stance on abortion.

Let's talk about her stance on gun control of which if it was her way we here in the states would be like Europe where you either have to be very physically fit or know how to use a knife shorter than 4" in order to defend yourself. She wrote during the Heller case that our 2nd amendment was a collective right rather than an individual right. So when some thug decides he wants your wife's body or your car what are you going to do, call the militia?

I'm not going to spend or write three pages on what can easily happen to any of us during these turbulent times or any time in our history in America's more violent society. 10% of our (or any) society of people are born with switched wires who will think nothing of snuffing out you or yours lives.

So you have to ask yourself while your hypothetically burying one of your kids or your spouse....."Geeze, who are these people who had the power to disarm me?"

No, I don't admire an individual like that for any reason. I'd rather see her dead because she sure as hell didn't worry about your life. Keep in mind, as Americans living in a free society we ALL are allowed to have any belief we want to...it's when you have the power to put that belief into law that can and will directly affect your life.

You bet I'm glad she's dead.-----6
You've Seen Guns For Peace And Guns For War
But You've Never Seen Guns Like These Before!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

As I said, I didn't agree with many of her stances. Gun control, abortions, etc. But I still couldn't find any joy in her death. I can hope she'll be replaced by someone much more conservative.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I don't equate "glad" with "joy". "Glad" can be more equated with "relieved" as in a sigh of relief until AOC gets appointed by President Harris. --6
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Six, your one of my best friends and most highly respected individuals here for me! You can't talk about saving babies and wishing death to a Supreme court justice at the same time. It doesn't work that way Bro! I only became Eastern Catholic 3 years ago, from Catechumen to initiated. Doesn't mean that much. For me, much better than being Protestant though. Have to say. All life matters. Yes, i struggle with it. So many evil dictators out there. I get it Six. I totally get it. But when you compare RBG to those dictators, Putin, Kim Jong, Khomeini, Xi Jinping etc, she looks at least a little bit better than them to me. I see your mileage may differ. I am still your friend. -A- or -Tutt
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

But I still couldn't find any joy in her death. I can hope she'll be replaced by someone much more conservative.
My opinion exactly. Also that of my Roman Catholic friends who are practicing Easter Catholics. Yes, I know, its very complicated but I have a great many friends who are Roman Catholic but practice under the Eastern Catholic or Ukrainian Catholic Church. For me, its not too complicated as I'm Ukrainian American and been to Ukraine 8 times or more.

The Eastern Catholic Church believes in a certain amount of mystery that is also well embedded in the Orthodox Church. Also I have adopted a fair amount of "Old Believers" rites into my practices. its just me I guess, but I was baptized Russian Orthodox, so it kinds of makes sense.

If we can replace RBG with a more conservative justice, and I think we can, things will be going very well. -Tutt
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

You're 100% correct.

And I have no problem balancing my statement with my strong anti-abortion stance. After all, that child in the womb (or just out, for crying out loud) hasn't committed the crimes she did. She was a huge abortion supporter, aiding and abetting who knows how many murders.

Also as you point out she was huge on gun control again aiding and abetting who knows how many crimes & victims thereof.

One of the major reasons the liberal plague has swept America is because so many non-liberals are too nice. We don't want to face evil when confronted with it. No stand was taken when it should have been.

I'm very pleased she's dead. I just would be happier if she had taken a long list of liberals with her. And can still recognize the good work she did do. She helped our country make some real progress on the laws of the land treating males & females equally. Good work and important. Does it out weigh the evil she perpetuated? Not even close, not to me. Murdering a child is almost as low as you can go in my book. Just above that is denying good people the right to self defense.

Just my two cents.

Cat
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

some interesting assertions here. forgive me if you can for mentioning that Christ said we "must be born again." nothing can make us born again but a sovereign act of the only God that exists. I cannot create a new life, a new spirit inside me. neither can anyone other human being on earth. neither can any church. nor any dogma. nor any sacrament. nor anything else at all that we endeavor to do to earn salvation. salvation is earned, paid for, once and for all forever by Christ's sacrifice, His shed blood. He paid this price because WE CANNOT. Christ is the Son of God, and therefore one with God, since before creation existed. Christ is Savior, that is exactly what Jesus, Yeshuah means: salvation. there is nothing in anyone who has ever lived who doesn't need this one and only salvation.

now, I know that there are actual believers here. but theologic discussions on "church" points or counter-points have nothing to do with salvation. read the Bible. I have not said anything that isn't taught in scripture.

I am not chiding or riding anyone's beliefs, but I am saying for the bots and souls who know nothing of Salvation.

an exercise someone may enjoy. search the Bible for "Son of God". there is heart medicine in there.

then turn to Mathew 7 and read,

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

and naturally I have to ask, what is God's will?

John 6:40
“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

The ones in the Mathew 7 sermon, who or what are they trusting? it's not hard. they were trusting themselves and the good works that they did. they believed in themselves.

But in John 6 Christ says those who believe on Christ, trust Him for salvation, trust Him that the work He finished needs no help from us, and lacks nothing

So yeah, James, Christ's half brother, said "I will show you my faith by my works" and of course this is true and correct and right because we are "saved unto good works", BUT NOT BY GOOD WORKS.

it is blasphemy to downgrade Christ's sacrifice by insisting that His sacrifice fell short and there is some kind of "work" I have to do in order to be saved. this is heresy, and is nothing like the Gospel which was once delivered unto the saints.

it boils down to this: Abraham believed God. Abraham was saved because he took God at His Word. The Gospel is the same for us as it was for Abraham.

it's so simple. I believe God. I take Him at His word. I trust Him for all matters of my eternal existence with Him.

Do you (bots) or perhaps listeners who have never heard the Gospel before, do you trust Christ, the risen christ who died for us on a cross and was buried and rose from the dead? This is the "crux" of the issue.

anyway if anyone has gotten this far, God Bless and good night
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Cat,
Your two cents is worth a dollar in my book. :D

One of the greatest things about being an American is you have a choice to believe what you want to believe in. Like I said, I'm not here to argue but just to point out what can happen when leftists get in power......it's pretty much common knowledge that the right likes to "live and let live" but you can't give them all the power either...we have a good balance here in the states.

I've said this here before and maybe this is where my attitude comes from. It comes from my mother who was born and raised in Nazi Germany.....she said Hitler was loved and did good on his promises ...for awhile.....we all know what Hitler did when he reached full power. He passed numerous laws that infringed on liberty and then he started to purge starting with Night of the Long Knives.............we all know the history....

Human nature has never changed since humans have been here..Hitler did his deeds in modern times...it CAN happen again.....every major catastrophe concerning human death and control has been leftist in nature.....(I'm no history expert so it's common for me to make mistakes and I do make generalizations)

Sure Tutt...we are all buddies here..we all have to stick together......I'm just a firm believer no human has the right to control another human on baselsss thinking.....the right is always defending itself while the left is always on the offensive.

Arguments between the left and the right like environmental happenings, covid 19 regulations, etc...etc....can all be worked out .....but when the only item that preserves life against a stronger foe is taken away I draw the line......nobody is gonna mess with my guns...any of them.......period....We all know that without the 2nd the other nine mean nothing

Like I said human nature has never changed and we all know how major laws are passed incrementally by "sensible people" who use common sense laws to start the passage of total control laws. RBG, HRC, Chuckie, etc...etc....are true enemies of freedom, nothing like the leftists of the past like FDR.......this new group are nasty humans.

Ahhh...forget it...you guys know....I'm going to bed... :D .....-----6
horsesoldier03
Senior Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I don't wish death on anyone, but everyone has to die. Her death came in a timely manner. Rampant abortions have been an issue for a long time, this just might be the good Lord turning the tables. Lots of folk try to rationalize abortion as Women's Pro Choice Rights. I do not support the killing of innocent children under any condition. I feel no need to morn her death, she readily dealt out a death sentence to millions of innocents.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

i think I would have to agree with that statement. I don't either. Hopefully, the Trump admin can nominate a conservative justice. I hope so. Even then, they are are pretty "wishy washy" and Judge Roberts the most of them. -Tutt
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Many believe birth and death are up to God. Further is the belief that the day of death is set before you arrive. If you are of that view you can disabuse yourself of your wishes or opinion having any effect on the outcome.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya Tutt on Roberts....sometimes I wonder about certain justices.....contrary to how they should vote as to the will of our forefathers, they vote for what THEY think is best for the future of our nation.

JUST LEAVE OUR GUNS ALONE.....that's serious business.....we all understand human nature much better as we age and just about when we have it figured out we kick the bucket......I firmly believe that firearms are the original peacekeepers and as the United States being the world's most advanced and moral nation that without our leadership (read:control) many other countries would erupt into total chaos....

If our country went to hell because of the loss of our "peacekeepers", the rest of the world would soon follow.

But what do I know, I'm only a peon blue collar man.---6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Our founders tried to make sure that the founding documents would remain as unchanged as possible while still making sure that they could grow when needed. In my opinion, too many judges have the attitude that they know best and that their way must happen right now.
Six, you actually see it the way I do.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Interesting Piller!....Roberts knew that by turning down Obamacare would upset a lot of people so he went their way.....let's not talk about the Heller case......neither side wanted to take that issue up for decades and decades.......--6
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hear that President Trump was booed at her funeral, a great sign of respect from the democrats.... :roll:
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Its not as like our "Conservative Justices" have voted that way recently. They don't always. Judge Roberts, the most political of all. Not a good man IMHO, he has no true Constitutional philosophy. He's a politician. He has no grounding philosophical interpretation of the Constitution. He's empty soul. -Tutt
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Andy, I completely agree. If Justice Roberts ever had a Moral Compass, it has become demagnetized.
D. Brian Casady
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:28 pm
If our country went to hell because of the loss of our "peacekeepers", the rest of the world would soon follow.

But what do I know, I'm only a peon blue collar man.---6
Yeah.....and Ted Nugent is 'just a dumb guitar player....' :lol:

You know far more about things than most people, as do most levergunners...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

It's interesting how the judges on the supreme court are almost invisible. You never see or hear about them except when one of their "decisions" has been made public. Only then do we find out how they voted. Now that Ginsburg has been dead for one week, it's the only thing the media is captivated by and insists on shoving it down everyone's throat. While I was not a fan of hers (because I firmly believe if given the chance to strike down the 2nd Amendment, she would have!), I didn't wish her death either. Enough already and bury her. I can't glorify someone whose goal is to undermine what I stand for.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"...I can't glorify someone whose goal is to undermine what I stand for..."

Yep. Leave the glorification to her family and friends, and those who feel the strange need to compensate for their personal inadequacies by virtue-signaling to demonstrate their humanity...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I heard someone say once, I have never wished anyone dead, but I have chuckled when reading a few obituaries.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
barbarossa
Levergunner 3.0

Post by barbarossa »

I ve always had the attitude that if I didn t like you while you were living i m darn sure not going to say anything good about you just because your dead
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

barbarossa wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:12 am
I ve always had the attitude that if I didn t like you while you were living i m darn sure not going to say anything good about you just because your dead
I have the same attitude, I don't necessarily wish anyone harm but will not mourn their passing.
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

For the life of me, I've never understood the compulsion to sugar-coat a turd.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

YaBut, doncha think that the germans, while the soviets were pillaging, were reminiscing about hitler's good points? mithinks it's human nature. fallen human nature . . .
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I'm always amazed by the ones who rave about women's rights but who so easily ignore the fact that more than 1/2 those murdered children were future women.

Post by Catshooter »

Definition of a Milquetoast:

1. of a person : timid, meek, or unassertive
Do we really want a someone who is a milquetoast halfhearted candidate or someone who will defend the Constitution with every fiber of her being?
— Dana B. Orr
2. lacking in character or vigor : WISHY-WASHY
… after declining multiple opportunities to comment during the reporting of the story, he finally produced a most milquetoast statement Friday.
— Jerry Brewer

Was I glad that she suffered with cancer? Hell no. Did I wish her dead? Sure thing, and 50 years ago would have been much better than now.

Cat