Lees Statue

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
barbarossa
Levergunner 3.0

Lees Statue

Post by barbarossa »

I see they are planning on removing Lees Statue in Virginia we are surely living in sad times.The same thing was done where I live they removed the Cornwallis statue as the natives were upset about the bounty he put on nativesin the past but they conviently forget the bounty was ordered because the natives were murdering and scalping the settlers.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Lees Statue

Post by AJMD429 »

These are the same people who think the Jewish Holocaust was fake, and the KKK was formed by followers of Barry Goldwater..... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

The scum are planning on moving all the confederate statues on Monument Ave in Richmond as well as the statues of Lee and Jackson in Charlottesville . Here’s hoping all the people responsible for this c..r..a..p die a slow agonizing death :x
Parkers , 444 Marlin , 6.5mm's , Sika Deer and my family in the Philippines !

Go Manny Pacquiao !

"GO HARD or GO HOME" D.E. Sr.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

With so many progressives wanting to stamp out Liberty surely it's time to talk about taking down the Statue of Liberty or anything else that defines your great country :roll:
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

6pt-sika wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:51 pm
The scum are planning on moving all the confederate statues on Monument Ave in Richmond as well as the statues of Lee and Jackson in Charlottesville . Here’s hoping all the people responsible for this c..r..a..p die a slow agonizing death :x
Unfortunately, it's our country that is dying a slow agonizing death.
The oppressors have won.
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/mobile_cou ... 1b8bd.html

A statue that has been standing in Mobile, Alabama for nearly 120 years was taken down overnight.
Not many eyes were able to see and no news cameras were there to witness the taking down of the more than a century old confederate statue in Downtown Mobile.

The Admiral Raphael Semmes Confederate Monument was erected in 1900.

On June 4, 2020, Mayor Sandy Stimpson ordered that the statue of Admiral Raphael Semmes be moved from its location at the intersection of Government and Royal streets in downtown Mobile.

The task was completed this morning, June 5. The statue has been placed in a secure location.

"To be clear: This decision is not about Raphael Semmes, it is not about a monument and it is not an attempt to rewrite history."

BS....that's exactly what this is. Rewriting History. :evil:
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
barbarossa
Levergunner 3.0

Post by barbarossa »

Sadly they are not rewriting history they are erasing it.Our history is being erased because the history of the left is riddled with worthless people.Communist China did the exact same thing when they came to power ,they tried to erase their wealth of ancient history because their communist beliefs pale in comparison
KWK
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KWK »

I'll miss those. They added a certain quirky charm to Richmond, where my sister lives. I was visiting her last week when the scum of the earth vandalized several of the statues. I had always figured free blacks driving by daily in nice cars was the ultimate put down to the slavery which was the major cause of their war.

Some progressives claim these statues were put there long after the war simply to proclaim oppression, but planning for Lee's statue was started in the 1870s and completed about 1890, I think it was. The Civil War statue in my (Union) town was erected in 1899. I think in general war memorials tend to be erected a few decades after the war. The national WW-II memorial was erected about 60 years after.

I never cared for the memorial to Jefferson Davis, though. My impression is he was just an unremarkable politician, while the others are to notable military leaders. The Arthur Ashe monument on the boulevard isn't so well done, but he was a somewhat famous citizen of Richmond, even if my kids hadn't heard of him. Why they portray him holding a book and a tennis racket above the heads of kids reaching upwards is a mystery. It looks as if he's trying to beat them back as they reach to take his book. He deserved better.
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

Its sad to see our history being eliminated. Even if you don't support what these statues stand for, you should support rembering our history.
All this going on reminds me too much of Orwell's "1984".
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

historicfirearms wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:32 am
Its sad to see our history being eliminated. Even if you don't support what these statues stand for, you should support rembering our history.
All this going on reminds me too much of Orwell's "1984".
I haven't figured what it reminds me of. Is it the purge in Orwell's 1984 or is it the destruction of the entire library in Alexandra, Egypt by the Muslims?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

These weak little itches are beneath contempt. They are the type that whines if the wind changes direction :cry: . A group of little old church ladies have more testicles than 1000 of their finest examples. I'd like to see em all in a forced march to Ca. Whew, I'm done.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

barbarossa wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:23 am
Sadly they are not rewriting history they are erasing it.Our history is being erased because the history of the left is riddled with worthless people.Communist China did the exact same thing when they came to power ,they tried to erase their wealth of ancient history because their communist beliefs pale in comparison
We let this start when we let the government monopolize education. Now kids aren't even taught basic U.S. History unless they home-school. They will be taught carefully-selected stuff to push the 'narrative', but just talk to the average 20-year-old and ask them about the principles involved in the founding of this nation - not just 'names and dates'; that stuff is not the important part, but the real FOUNDATIONAL issues, like property ownership, voting, taxes, habeas corpus, and the background to the Bill of Rights. They won't know anything about those topics unless they were either homeschooled or had parents or grandparents who actually spent time countering the propaganda they were steeped in.

Then try talking to them about basic economics; why 'minimum wage' is destructive to poor people, why 'price-gouging' laws mean things get not only scarce, but ultimately MORE expensive, and why 'capping' prices or fees winds up increasing the price of what used to be affordable, and decreasing the quality of what used to be good. People under the age of 40 or 50 simply weren't exposed to the type of education to understand that stuff, and unless they are very motivated and interested in such things, they will never understand them.

The most pivotal single individual in the formation of the U.S. was arguably George Washington, and kids at best will know four things about him:

a) he was the first U.S. President,
b) he had wooden false teeth at one point,
c) he cut down a cherry tree, and
d) he owned slaves....

....and of course that last one, rather than make him a typical large farm owner of the 18th Century, makes him 'evil' and renders every single other act of his life terrible. That is the simple-minded 'binary-thinking' of the 'progressives'. First they 'categorize' you, based on superficial, nonsensical criteria, or if they can't find an excuse to dislike you there, they pick a policy position they disagree with you on (and yes, I get it - 'slavery' is a pretty high-ranking bad thing, even back then) - then you are evil in their eyes, ALL of your opinions wrong, ALL of your actions wrong, and it is ok to use threats and dishonesty and violence to destroy you. If on the other hand they decide you are 'good', then you can do no wrong, no matter how inept, dishonest, or immoral your actions.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "