I offended a patient....

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I offended a patient....

Post by AJMD429 »

.....sometimes I try to use 'humor' to offset stress or embarrassment a patient may feel, and misjudge the effect, but this was different.

I had a patient who moved here from England, and (no offense to you English levergunners here) he is one of those who makes it clear that we here in the U.S. are pretty uncivilized (and I'll admit I'm pretty much a midwestern redneck - I just happen to be a motivated and reasonably smart one who wound up as a pharmacist-turned-physician).

I've been a redneck since I was a kid.....
AJ Redneck Kid.png
Anyhow, he took my poster down from the exam-room bulletin board, and angrily gave it to the check-out person, telling her "I don't need this kind of garbage in my life - there is nothing 'medical' about this stuff..."
First Million Moms March (2014_04_17 18_23_28 UTC).gif
I overheard it, so I stepped into the hallway (....hand hovering above my sixgun, in a ready-for-action stance, and said ". . . .Son, you ain't from around here, are you....???"..... then.....).... :shock: .....or maybe not.... :roll:
Clint Eastwood.png
...er, anyway.....I stepped into the hallway, and said, "Given that the AMA and the American Academy of Pediatrics both endorse the same gun control laws that were passed in Germany 80-90 years ago, I think that issue is VERY 'medical', so if that fact flusters you so much, you may want to find a physician who feels differently than I do; we'll be happy to provide you a list of other physicians who are taking patients..."

So.......I guess I have another "new patient" opening....... :lol:

Maybe they will like some of my other 'posters'..... :twisted:
Two Ways to Shield Yourself from Violent Attack - 2.jpg
obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg
I've got lots of 'em.... :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I offended a patient....

Post by Booger Bill »

Your my type doctor. We go to a NP. He has mounted heads, stuffed wildcat, a fireplace with a red ryder bb rifle hanging over it etc in one exam room, Harley MC stuff in another, walls painted with surfing stuff in another. His dog has run of the office and exam rooms and greets all patents. He has his army medic uniform displayed. He, like me gave up flying for medical reasons. Cant pass the physical. You guys should go in business together. I dont know where he is politically but since he`s a avid hunter, Harley guy, I highly suspect he swings to the right.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

In my opinion he was a rude and arrogant ba*turd with no manners, I was always taught " when in Rome do as the Romans do" if you don't like Rome don't bloody well go there.

Doc, you are so lucky that English patients are rare, I happen to be surrounded by these morons but what can you expect when the English education and media has easily brainwashed those who never had a streak of intelligence in the first place... :roll: Do you know which part of England the goon come from?
By the way, love the Obama care poster... :lol:
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I wish the commute wasn't so far doc. I'd take that opening.
Ever think of relocating? :D
The oppressors have won.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa....Where Trump is Supported and Common Sense Rules

Post by Sixgun »

Doc,
It takes awhile to know someone and I've been reading you for many years......you are #1 in my book.......sheeeeeeeet, maybe we are both a bit unbalanced but we are not, we are normal with a strong desire to carry on what the true meaning of the word, "FREEDOM" really means and part of the work with carrying on the true meaning is educating the weak, unknowledgable, or wrongfully educated individuals in HISTORY and that all men are doomed to repeat history as there's is a constant flow of babies being born with schizophrenia with the charisma to become world leaders.

My personal doctor, who is in his late thirties has got to be the coolest doctor I've met in person. I was there two weeks ago and after discussing my non issues for 30 seconds we spent the next twenty minutes talking guns. He is a youngster and likes these $5,000 bolt actions with Nightforce scopes. He is Jewish and understands....and he likes me even though my grandfather was a chemical engineer Nazi!

Unlike the majority of doctors YOU are doing a HUGE service in sustaining freedom in our great nation. The liberals long range plan has come to your life......making common sense and displaying true and documented history politically incorrect and barbaric. Only the weak minded fall into their plan and it is OUR DUTY not to let them win. The old adage .....can't remember the exact words....about "good men standing by doing nothing while evil men deceive the weak" could not be more ingrained into our universities than it is today......to THEIR advantage.

CARRY ON BROTHER!!!'-----6
1st Gen. Single Action Colts. Poof! Poof!

Image. Image

I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday For A Hamburger Today

_flat line..1/23/21
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Have him charged with damaging private property. You can bet this "individual" will report you to the state board.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

As Sixer said - "Only the weak minded fall into their plan and it is OUR DUTY not to let them win."

We ALL need to take half the time we spend watching YouTube or WWII movies or Westerns, and SPEND THAT TIME EDUCATING YOUNGSTERS (and oldsters too).

ALL of us need to do this; it doesn't take a huge investment of time, just a bit every day or week.

But if we don't ALL do this, we will watch our grandkid's generation destroy everything our grandparents worked for.

Don't let your grandkids grow up to be 'progresssssssssssssssssssssives'.....!!!!!!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rossim92
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rossim92 »

AJMD429 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am
.....sometimes I try to use 'humor' to offset stress or embarrassment a patient may feel, and misjudge the effect, but this was different.

I had a patient who moved here from England, and (no offense to you English levergunners here) he is one of those who makes it clear that we here in the U.S. are pretty uncivilized (and I'll admit I'm pretty much a midwestern redneck - I just happen to be a motivated and reasonably smart one who wound up as a pharmacist-turned-physician).

I've been a redneck since I was a kid.....

AJ Redneck Kid.png

Anyhow, he took my poster down from the exam-room bulletin board, and angrily gave it to the check-out person, telling her "I don't need this kind of garbage in my life - there is nothing 'medical' about this stuff..."

First Million Moms March (2014_04_17 18_23_28 UTC).gif

I overheard it, so I stepped into the hallway (....hand hovering above my sixgun, in a ready-for-action stance, and said ". . . .Son, you ain't from around here, are you....???"..... then.....).... :shock: .....or maybe not.... :roll:

Clint Eastwood.png

...er, anyway.....I stepped into the hallway, and said, "Given that the AMA and the American Academy of Pediatrics both endorse the same gun control laws that were passed in Germany 80-90 years ago, I think that issue is VERY 'medical', so if that fact flusters you so much, you may want to find a physician who feels differently than I do; we'll be happy to provide you a list of other physicians who are taking patients..."

So.......I guess I have another "new patient" opening....... :lol:

Maybe they will like some of my other 'posters'..... :twisted:

Two Ways to Shield Yourself from Violent Attack - 2.jpg

obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg

I've got lots of 'em.... :mrgreen:
maybe you should have told him to take two aspirins and call back in the morning! :D
Rossi 92 .357 lever
Henry .22 lever and a remington speedmaster 500 .22 lr
Marlin glenfield .22 boltaction
Mossberg 12 ga. pump
H&R 12 ga. topper
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Marlin 336W .30.30
Heritage rough rider .22 sa
Taylor smokewagon .357 sa
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

>

I understand your rational and professional approach to dealing with your (perhaps) former patient.

You handled the situation well.

In my imagination the conversation should have ended with: "Now that we understand our disagreement, I'll ask you to kindly return my property to the location from which you've illegally removed it, and I won't press changes for vandalism or theft of private property. Do you need a staple?"

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Well put, Fred.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

There was a guy at work that kept complaining about a sick stomach. We told him to go see a doctor. He was a cheapskate and thought doctors were too expensive. A guy told him about a real cheap old doctor he knew of. He went, came back the next day and told us how it went. He said it was in a bad part of town. He had to go up a old rickety stairs like "Doc`s" on Gunsmoke, where you had to be healthy to climb the stairs, He said the office, waiting room and exam room was all one room. A big fat black man was ahead of him. Doc asked him what was wrong. He said my azz hurts bad! Doc says, drop em! The guy dropped his pants in front of us and without fanfare the doc pops his finger up the guys smelly rear! He said ya got hemorrhoids, and wrote a quick prescription. He wiped his finger on a rag and asked me what was wrong. I said I had a upset stomach. Before I could think, he says open yer mouth and say ahhh. I did and he popped that finger in my mouth and I started gagging. He says, your problem is ya got a weak stomach and wrote me a prescription. darn you guys!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

:lol: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.
Ray
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Rodney Dangerfield.....

"I don't get no respect.....I was so ugly a baby , mom put the thermometer in my mouth by mistake !"
m.A.g.a. !