This is EXACTLY what Liberals have trouble with...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

This is EXACTLY what Liberals have trouble with...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/930651

"Negative Diagnostic Test Results

The diagnostic tests available today for COVID-19 are so new that it's unclear how reliable they are, Medscape Medical News reports, which means clinicians need to use their judgment particularly when interpreting negative results. False negative rates in published studies range from 3% to 66% in different patient cohorts, and early evidence suggests test accuracy varies widely depending on what part of the body is being tested and at what point in the disease course testing occurs, among other factors.
"How we treat patients is going to depend on understanding this concept," said one expert. "It isn't one number. It's actually much more complicated and very nuanced." If clinicians don't understand that, he added, "We're really going to make mistakes about how to use all these negative tests."
"

The article says physicians have to use "clinical judgement" instead of just relying on black-and-white "test results", because even the best tests have false positives and false negatives, so testing interpretation and response is context-dependent.

LibTards just can't process this kind of thing. They view the world as a simplistic dichotomy of 'good and evil', where you classify each person as one or the other, and from there forward, all they do or say is either Gospel or lies. No nuance allowed; no imperfect goodness; no silver lining in the cloud.

I guess life must be simple for them, but they all seem so full of stress and rage and hate, that I'm not sure it is a good way to view the world.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This is EXACTLY what Liberals have trouble with...

Post by jeepnik »

Heck I was sick a month or so back. But, because I had no fever they refused to test me. Well now I’m trying to get the antibody test to see if I had C-19. But now the docs are refusing because it’s not supposed to be accurate

Truth is I think they aren’t testing to save money. Anytime a very large medical corporation “doesn’t have the test yet” when other less advanced nations do it seems awfully suspicious.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

jeepnik wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:58 am
Truth is I think they aren’t testing to save money. Anytime a very large medical corporation “doesn’t have the test yet” when other less advanced nations do it seems awfully suspicious.
It could be money, but I believe that the local Death Panel has just decided that some people aren't important enough to waste a test on.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Insurance companies have the model in place and working for deciding who is worth spending resources on. :evil: They were put in charge of healthcare for just such a purpose.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost