FS in TX: FYI - Reloading materials

The place to post items FOR SALE, WANTED TO BUY, WANTED TO TRADE, or AUCTION ALERTS.

Moderators: Hobie, rjohns94

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

FS in TX: FYI - Reloading materials

Post by FWiedner »

My next door neighbor inherited some reloading materials a few years back that he's looking to remove from his accumulation of goods. I'm not making any money off of the stuff, I'm just putting it out there in case anyone else is interested.

This is for the most part not a sale, most of the stuff is giveaway. I'll provide a bit more detail on that in a minute.

.38 Super
Thousands of pieces of brass both once fired and new. Thousands of bullets both lead and jacketed. Free.

.45 Colt
Brass, bullets. Free.

I believe I saw some .40S&W and some 10mm stuff in there. Free.

I'm going to snatch up the .45ACP materials.

There's an old Dillon press, my neighbor told me it's a 550. There's a basket full of parts to go with it, for who knows what. I won't claim to know what it's operational status is, but it's been collecting dust for about 10 years. I believe that Dillon does a lifetime warranty so if it's broken there's a possibility you can get them to rebuild it under warranty. My neighbor wants me to sell it if I'm not going to use it and split the take. My plan is to just give him anything that's collected. There are probably dies in the pile for all of the calibers mentioned above. I thought maybe they should stay with the press. I don't do Dillon, but maybe you do. Make an offer.

There are some other tools in the pile, but without spending more time, most looked like throw-away.

I don't currently have a complete inventory of the materials. If you're interested in anything mentioned above let me know and I'll put something together. On the stuff listed as free, if you want it, you pay shipping and it's yours.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Fred Wiedner

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: FYI - Reloading materials

Post by M. M. Wright »

May I offer $250 for all the Dillon stuff? Plus shipping of course.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

M. M. Wright wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:09 pm
May I offer $250 for all the Dillon stuff? Plus shipping of course.
It's yours.

PM me your address and please be patient while I figure out what parts belong to it.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

How much brass & bullets for the Colt. a little or a lot .? Thank You.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

.45colt wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:36 pm
How much brass & bullets for the Colt. a little or a lot .? Thank You.
I'll get a count for you.

Just eyeballing... There's a 2 gallon bucket of new brass that's 2/3 full.

It will take me a day or two to go through all of the bullets, so... standy by.
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

I am interested in the 38 Super brass and bullets, PM me a price.

Thanks,

Mike
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

elmo123 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:58 pm
I am interested in the 38 Super brass and bullets, PM me a price.

Thanks,

Mike
PM Sent
magyars
Levergunner 1.0

Post by magyars »

I'm interested in the 45 Colt components if there is any left.
I'm willing to pay a fair price.
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

I would be interested in the 38 super stuff if your other deal falls through.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I will take the .40 and 10mm items. I have and load for both.

PM me your address. If we can find time where we are both free, I will come pick it up. I know that we are not all that far from each other.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Hi guys.

Sorry for the delay on this stuff, but I am a working guy and have been working on sorting through this stuff in increments when I've got the time.

My focus right now is on identifying what are usable materials and what are not.

I'll get back to each of you that have expressed interest within the next several days.

I think I can estimate the weight of 3000 .38 165gr RN lead bullets, the problem is finding a stout enough container to ship them in.

There's a bucket of new un-primed .38 Super brass that looks like there are maybe 1000 pieces, but I have no plan to count them.

Looks like there are a couple thousand pieces of fired .38 Super brass. I am not going to clean or de-cap them. Recycler?

There's also a bucket of (I'm guessing) maybe 500 new unprimed .45 Colt brass. The stuff on top is a bit oxidized but it's still new brass.

There is a box of what started as 2000 185gr .452 JHP bullets that is gonna give me a hernia... :?

:mrgreen:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

FWiedner wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 pm
Hi guys.

I think I can estimate the weight of 3000 .38 165gr RN lead bullets, the problem is finding a stout enough container to ship them in.

I build a wooden box (screws,not nails) that fits inside a USPS flat rate box. I think they limit it to 50 or 70 lbs now, instead of "if it fits it ships."
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
magyars
Levergunner 1.0

Post by magyars »

Thanks for the update.
Personally, I'm interested in the 45 Colt brass, all or part.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

vancelw wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:32 am
FWiedner wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 pm
Hi guys.

I build a wooden box (screws,not nails) that fits inside a USPS flat rate box. I think they limit it to 50 or 70 lbs now, instead of "if it fits it ships."
Thanks Vance.

Working on that approach, but I'm no carpenter... :oops:
Rockrat
Levergunner

Post by Rockrat »

Fired 38 super brass, I could use that
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Update:

Not that there is anything speedy about my service on this issue, but I've hit a speed bump.

Apparently the proprietor of my local UPS store has a social conscience, and doesn't ship or deal with "gun parts".

After extended explanation, inspection to demonstrate that there are no "gun parts" involved, no active propellants, explosives, or live ammunition, he still said "No". Because "Guns".

Wouldn't even weigh the stuff or estimate shipping costs.

So... Please bear with me as I roll over this speed bump to another carrier.

:?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Who needs to ship with Usually Pieces Shattered anyway?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

FWiedner wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:42 pm
Update:

Not that there is anything speedy about my service on this issue, but I've hit a speed bump.

Apparently the proprietor of my local UPS store has a social conscience, and doesn't ship or deal with "gun parts".

After extended explanation, inspection to demonstrate that there are no "gun parts" involved, no active propellants, explosives, or live ammunition, he still said "No". Because "Guns".

Wouldn't even weigh the stuff or estimate shipping costs.

So... Please bear with me as I roll over this speed bump to another carrier.

:?
What a tool. Hopefully he has seen the last of your business and you have other choices in the area. I always just list things as "parts"; I've never been questioned.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I quit dealing with UPS long ago. I use the USPS for all my shipping now. The folks at my office help me find the cheapest way to ship and are fine shipping my muzzleloaders. Might I suggest using a USPS flat rate box for shipping bullets and use a lot of packaging tape to keep them together. Guys do it all the time to ship lead.