FS in Kentucky boolit molds

The place to post items FOR SALE, WANTED TO BUY, WANTED TO TRADE, or AUCTION ALERTS.

Moderators: Hobie, rjohns94

hondo1892
Levergunner 3.0

FS in Kentucky boolit molds

Post by hondo1892 »

I have a couple of molds for sale that I found while cleaning my reloading bench up. First is a Lyman .45, 405 gr mold I think its the 457193 but will have to check to make sure. I want $40.00 for it shipped. I also have a Saeco .32/40 mold it's the 165 grain mold it is brand new never used. I want $90.00 for it. I'll cover shipping in the lower 48 states. I will try to post photo's of both tomorrow. I'm also looking for a set of Lyman four cavity handles and would take them as partial trade.
black river smith
Levergunner

Re: FS in Kentucky boolit molds

Post by black river smith »

Sir,

I am interested in the Lyman 45. 405gr 457193 bullet mold. Is it still available and if so how do you take payment of the $40 asking price?

Also could you please send photos of the mold before we finalize anything?
hondo1892
Levergunner 3.0

Post by hondo1892 »

BRS I do still have it. I'll try to get some photo's of it for you. I'm taking care of my dad right now so it may take a day or two to get them.
black river smith
Levergunner

Thank you for replying, that is very understandable. I will wait.

Or if you do come back in here, maybe just answer these few questions.

Is the mold in good general condition?
Does the cavities have any pits or bad rust?
Have the lines of the cavities been damaged or altered from original?
Does the mold have all the screws?
Is the sprue plate and spring in proper working condition?

Thanks
hondo1892
Levergunner 3.0

Post by hondo1892 »

The mold is in good shape. I think there is a tiny bit of surface rust at the nose of the cavity. I will have to look at it closer in the daylight. The outside of the blocks are a bit rusty but all the screws and present and the sprue plate works proper. If I can find some time I'll try to cast a couple of bullets with it. I don't think I used it much and its over sixteen years old. I know the blocks have been sitting in the plastic storage box for at least fifteen years. I had completely forgotten about it.
black river smith
Levergunner

Based on what you say about the mold, that is fine. Just noticed in your original posting - that you were uncertain about the Lyman make #. Can you check, when you can, to make certain that it is a 457193 design? If it is then I will purchase it, if not then I will have to pass. I am strictly interested in a good used '457193' mold.

Thanks
BRS
hondo1892
Levergunner 3.0

Post by hondo1892 »

Blackriver it is a 457193 mold.
hondo1892
Levergunner 3.0

Post by hondo1892 »

Blackriver do you have any .357 mag, 38 spl, or 44 spl or mag. brass that you would want to trade with?
black river smith
Levergunner

Sir,

Then I will purchase the bullet mold. Since I am somewhat new to this site (been reading for at least three years but never logged-on) please let me know if you can message me or need my email address to complete things. Like with the your mailing address and your preferred method of payment. Then I will follow up with my ship to address.

Again thanks for the item.

BRS

PS - Sorry I do not have any extra brass in those calibers that I would be interested in getting rid of.
hondo1892
Levergunner 3.0

Post by hondo1892 »

Blackriver here is a photo of the mold blocks. I'll send you a pm.
thumbnail_DSCN4008.jpg
black river smith
Levergunner

Sir,
That mold is in great condition. Thanks for your sale and I will be waiting for your PM.

If you do not hear from me within a day of sending the your PM, please 'presume' I did not receive it. Post a general comment here because I am interested in completing the transaction. I will then send you a PM so maybe 'that will start' a chain in the message boxes.

Thank you
hondo1892
Levergunner 3.0

Post by hondo1892 »

Brs my address is, Brian Barker, 8268 Upper Brush Creek Rd., Hustonville, KY 40437. I prefer postal money orders for payment.