Gunshow Success...Didn't buy anything.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Gunshow Success...Didn't buy anything.

Post by meanc »

Headed to the gun show this morning to see about another Ruger Single Six.

I carried my Marlin 336RC, Beretta 96d, and Ruger P89 for trading/selling.

Got in line but never made it inside the door.

All 3 sold within 20 minutes of me getting out of my Jeep...and for a lot more than expected. :)

I figured that was enough luck for one day and will go back tomorrow. Hopefully some of the dealers will be more ready to negotiate a little.

I think I'll look for some bulk .22lr to boot.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Nope - that ain't gun show success. The selling at better-than-expected prices was a good start. But the real success is going home with pockets empty & some new stuff you don't really need, but just couldn't pass up. The true success is when you buy something that was marked $200 & you haggle & get it for $180. The fact that it was really worth $175 doesn't enter into it.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

:)

I've had too many times of coming home with another new toy and no money...

The success was in getting the money, getting home and handing my lovely wife all the money.

So next time when I do come home with something else I don't need, there won't be any muss or fuss. Just an "Ok honey"
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

meanc wrote::)
The success was in getting the money, getting home and handing my lovely wife all the money.

So next time when I do come home with something else I don't need, there won't be any muss or fuss. Just an "Ok honey"
Very nice plan! 8)
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Wow, what a novel approach. I never tried that one.........
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

meanc wrote::)

I've had too many times of coming home with another new toy and no money...

My wife looked over my shoulder and almost saw your post! :shock: :shock: :wink: Had to close it quickly!!!!
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

LOL !

I'm telling ya' guys... It works.

Went back to the Gunshow today for that Single Six I was after (wife's thinking tops $250)

Instead came home with a 5.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk that I paid $375 for.

Told the wife, and she said, I quote...

"Well, at least you got something you already reload for"